Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A warning from Suzy!!!

A warning from Suzy!!!

My epilator seemed a bit, well, out of salts if you know what I mean. Like it was getting a little slow.
    So I went and bought a new one and put it on the shelf along with my make up, skin cream, tweezers, spare suspenders, perfume, silk gloves, half a bottle of vodka [for my screwdrivers] and a thing that I need batteries for. [Use your imagination on that one girls]
    And guess what, the very next time I tried to use my epilator all it wanted to do was shine its little light. It was as dead as Saturdays roast chicken.
    Imagine being hairy for the upcoming party!

Always be prepared girls.

SUZY

a bit nutty
    Can't imagine what you'd need batteries for, I'm not THAT imaginative. Oh, wait... oh. I got it now, yikes. Think clean thoughts..... think clean thoughts......
    Epilator crapping out though, that's a shame. Thought those things went on and on and on.....

Ginger

. . . break out the razor, Suzy!

hi suzy . don't you just hate that . how long dose a epilator last for? don't you just hate being hairy and a party to go to. i feel for you . love deanna b xx

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy.Sexton View Post
    . . . break out the razor, Suzy!
    Or a propane torch!!

Fine.... My legal council just smacked me....

Disclaimer: void where prohibited by law or ordinances. Do not attempt in the presence of explosive gases. Make sure your fire insurance is paid up, always keep a fire extinguisher into reach. If propane is not available butane can be substituted. Do not use gasoline!!
    Last edited by Karren H; 07-12-2011 at 03:22 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Suzy you could use an electric weedeater like I do,never needs batteries.
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

My epilator has this wonderful technological advance called a "cord!" It allows me to use the National Power Grid to run the epilator and the grid never runs down!

Next thing you know they'll invent a cell phone that allows real-time voice messaging!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Strimmer users need not apply.
    **-* Kath *-**
    Let them see that their words can cut you and you’ll never be free of the mockery. If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can’t hurt you with it anymore.
    ― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

They come with lights now?

I tend to wear out gears on mine. Maybe I press too hard
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    If it is slowing down, perhaps it is clogged with hair. You may need to open it up and clean it out. I've seen this happen to mine.

Now, I still can't figure out what would you need a flashlight for when in fem, hmmmm? Oh well, girls be girls, drink up and go about flashing people.....................with your flashlight ( I just wonder what size batteries does it use )

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    They come with lights now?
    Yes, my Braun does and it's wonderful for spotting those nearly-invisible lone hairs that you want to get rid of because they are about to become visible.

When I first bought it I thought it was a gimmick, but it really is useful!

Now, the low and high speeds, that is a gimmick. Who wants to pull hair out slowly?
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Junior Member Iloveacrossdresser's Avatar
    every time i have used one the pain was too much! Is there a trick? or am I just too sensitive lol

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    Suzy I to use an epilator both battery and electric operated. I love the smooth skin! Have also looked into home laser hair removal systems.

Hugs
    Trisha

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Can't you just a use a spring ? no gears to replace no batteries needed .
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    and a thing that I need batteries for. [Use your imagination on that one girls]
    I love dancing to music while putting on my make-up too.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Or a propane torch!!

Disclaimer: void where prohibited by law or ordinances. Do not attempt in the presence of explosive gases. Make sure your fire insurance is paid up, always keep a fire extinguisher into reach. If propane is not available butane can be substituted. Do not use gasoline!!
    Karen, you forgot about the belt sander.

Orchid

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iloveacrossdresser View Post
    every time i have used one the pain was too much! Is there a trick? or am I just too sensitive lol
    The trick is talk to Mr. Jack Daniels first he will help you.

Orchid

My wife bought me an epilator as a Christmas present one year. I couldn't wait to try it out. I plugged it in and waited and waited and waited some more. After a day of charging I was all set try out my new present. I unplugged it and walked over to the bathroom full length mirror, pushed the button and.....nothing, not so much as a twitch or buzz.

A re-check of the instruction manual revealed that not only was it capable of using Eryn's mythical and undying magic power grid it in fact required it as my model number did not contain the telling battery "b" at the end. Having been suitably schooled by an electric device I proceeded to give it a months time. Hats off to those of you who can get good results with them. I decided that just shaving mine was preferable to unproductive sessions with a rabid electric weasel!
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Or a propane torch!!

I still say if you are afraid of open flame then try a 220 electric welder while taking a shower gives shocking results! AND Suzy for that thingy always keep extra batteries size double A on hand!!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

My epilator seemed a bit, well, out of salts if you know what I mean. Like it was getting a little slow.
    So I went and bought a new one and put it on the shelf along with my make up, skin cream, tweezers, spare suspenders, perfume, silk gloves, half a bottle of vodka [for my screwdrivers] and a thing that I need batteries for. [Use your imagination on that one girls]
    And guess what, the very next time I tried to use my epilator all it wanted to do was shine its little light. It was as dead as Saturdays roast chicken.
    Imagine being hairy for the upcoming party!

Always be prepared girls.

SUZY
    The battery operated thing doesn't rouse my curiosity that much, but SUSPENDERS?
    There are a couple of things you can try:
    1. If you have a voltmeter (DVM etc.) you can check the batteries or the power supply voltage with the epilator unplugged from it if it's an AC unit. It's pretty possible that new battery you installed was defective. Also, make sure the input voltage range printed on the wall-wart (PS) covers the voltage in your country (I believe UK is 220vac)
    2. If all is well as to power, remove epilator head and try operating the unit without the head. If that works you should see the gears on the inside of the opening moving. Try rotating the head with your fingers; if it moves freely in both directions (you should feel some drag) try re-seating the head. It should now be working. Clean the head w/ rubbing alcohol and a small electric razor type brush as it may have jammed due to hair or other debris being stuck inside the head.
    Good Luck.
    Donna
    Last edited by donnalee; 07-12-2011 at 10:56 PM.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Quote Originally Posted by niya blake View Post
    Can't you just a use a spring ? no gears to replace no batteries needed .
    I still have one of those!
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I use a depilatory sometimes because I've been more and more actively crossdressing as I get older and it's kind of a hassle to bend down and around and shave myself. There is one thing. The depilatory leaves a very slight pink burn for an hour or two. It is fairly cheap and in my case it doesn't take much longer than shaving. Nair is something like a depilatory and may even include the same kind of chemicals and stuff. I don't recommend a depilatory for anyone with a serious skin disease.

... a thing that I need batteries for. [Use your imagination on that one girls]
    I've always preferred the gasoline powered ones myself.

- Diane

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by donnalee View Post
    The battery operated thing doesn't rouse my curiosity that much, but SUSPENDERS?
    Suzy's from the UK. What she calls "suspenders" is what we in the States call "garters." Two nations, divided by a common language.

I've had good results from an ordinary Venus Breeze myself...eventually I'd like to try an epilator, at least once, to see if it actually works as well (and is as painful!) as I've been told...
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016