Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: is it normal for a guy to compliment ladys

is it normal for a guy to compliment ladys

I was wondering if its normal for a man to tell a lady something like "cute skirt,,, or thats a pretty blouse",, I caught myself saying cute skirt to a lady i was talking to yesterday and after we parted ways I thought to myself should I have said that,, it was cute,, it had layers and the print was fun and she smiled and said awww,, thanks... do you think she thought to herself after I left,, that was odd of a man saying that?
    Only friends can call me Amy,,, so if your reading this your a friend.

The Band QUEEN Quote " I want to be free"

It's normal for me to say that.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I complement women on their clothes all the time, and it always gets a smile and a thank you.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

I don't think it is, though I find myself wanting to compliment on things like hair, nail polish, clothes etc... but haven't said a thing as I don't want to stand out. I mean I haven't heard any guys saying that's a nice dress you're wearing even though it is quite lovely. I think crossdressing gives us an appreciation for the style of women's clothes that most men take for granted (or we might simply be more willing to acknowledge our appreciation of the beauty/style of the clothes where as most men try not to go down that path).

I do it all the time! So yeah it's normal for me! But who said I was normal!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

It's certainly normal for one woman to compliment another on a cute outfit. The fact that you did it indicates that this transformation we're involved in goes deeper than just clothes.

Aspiring Member
    Absolutely! The problem that we face is that the compliment cannot be construed as a come on. Yes, I do it all the time but I also try to include why I like the outfit, the accessory or shoes. Such remarks like, "I like that top you are wearing, that design/color really suits you. Where did you find it?" Asking where they bought/found it takes the edge off the compliment plus if it really struck my eye, I am interested in finding out if it looks as good on me!

I think a lot of men will not complement a women because It just does not cross there minds. Or they would feel stupid, and embarrassed, especially in front of there mates. [Or buddies if you are American]
    Which is a shame because I cannot believe a woman would not be flattered?
    I have complemented a woman on her dress before and the smile I received back made my day.

SUZY

I know I do. Mostly it's a woman I know from work or other social setting. But once in awhile it might be a customer or a woman I had reason to converse with. I think for the most part, they enjoy hearing a compliment from anyone as long as it does not come across as a pass or sexual.

" I " think it is a normal and nice thing to do.After all Women and Gurls dress to look good and a compliment says they do look good. Now-here is the kicker--Do NOT do this if you are at work in a Company where Sexual Harrasment is all anyone thinks of. Any woman you have ever run afoul of has the chance to ruin you.

I've done it many times...it brings a bright spot to any girls' day...doesn't it girls?

I've done it and it's always been met with appreciation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I,ve done it as well and havent been looked at as a freak, but with a warm smile and thank you.

I enjoy giving a compliment to someone who's wearing something that has caught my eye. I actually hope she WILL say to herself, "hmmm, that's different, coming from a guy" Could be the start of an interesting conversation

xoxo

Traci

I enjoy giving a compliment to someone who's wearing something that has caught my eye. I actually hope she WILL say to herself, "hmmm, that's different, coming from a guy" Could be the start of an interesting conversation

My thoughts exactly.

I've been doing it more and more as I have been dressing more; perhaps we appreciate women's clothes more the more we wear them. And now that my ears are pierced, I take special notice of earrings. I always get a nice smile and a thank-you. Then there are those moments (few as they are) when I get a compliment -- makes you want to compliment other girls more!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Recently while shopping at Sam’s Club, not a place where one expects to find haute couture, I spotted a woman in a beautiful floral sun dress. We ended up on the same isle and I commented that I thought her dress looked absolutely lovely and I hadn't seen seen such a pretty sun dress in years. She didn't say much more than “Why thank you”, but wow did her face ever light up and the smile said a whole lot more.

Then at my Mother’s Nursing Home I saw one of the office staff, possibly a social worker, wearing what had to be at least 4” black pumps and as I passed her I said “Boy, are your feet going to be glad when you’re dead.” She laughed and said she’d take that as a compliment and then added that she loved wearing heels and always wore them to work and generally any time she was going out. I had a hard time not saying “Yeah, I know the feeling.”
    Babs

I think everyone should make it a habit to compliment someone everyday. I make a conscious effort to compliment people. I enjoy seeing them smile.

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    I was brought up to my boss for sexual harassment by one of my employees early in my career. The reason: I had walked by her desk to talk and before leaving said "Nice blouse." That was 20 years ago and I have not complimented a woman (except my wife or GF) on anything they were wearing since then.

My experience is that when you do it is really appreciated as it so rarely happens!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]I like what Suzy said. So many people are so self-centered and turned inward that they never think to compliment and encourage others. They seem to think that they will get attention and score points by impressing others with their cars, boats, homes, jewelry, youth, cosmetic surgery, and brains, when actually just a little recognition of their fellow man and woman will often make a impression that will last a lifetime.[/SIZE]

I do it all the time. I was looking for a parking spot in a Kohl's the other day and saw a young lady in an adorable dress. Had to hold myself back from chasing her down to complement her dress and find out where she got it. That might have been going too far.

I hold back compliments at work due to the sexual harassment program that assumes that all men are latent perverts. You just don't comment on anyone's appearance if you are male! In public and with friends I'm freer with the compliments.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I do it all the time and get positive feedback.

Eryn is right. In our sexual harassment training the lawyers told us not to complement women because it can lead to charges. They told us we are guilty until proven innocent! I once had a staff member receive very bad news and she was crying. I stood a foot away and tried to reassure her until a female coworker could help her. How sad our politically correct society has become.