Thread: Cowardice

Cowardice

This evening I was to go over to a friend's house, a fellow CDer. I was going to go in fem mode, and had basically everything all set.

Well plans got blown apart again.

First off, due to situations beyond my control, I had to stay an hour late for work. Ok, that's fine, it does not take long to change. So after that time I head home. It was my understanding the parental unit would not be home this evening, so I would be able to change at my house (I am not fond of the idea of arriving en male, and changing at someone's house just to hang out enfem, plus this person does not know my male self...yet.).

Well, you can imagine my surprise when I turn around the corner....and see my mother's car in the parking lot.

She was home. What the hell was she doing home?!!!

She was also on the front porch, so I could not just drive off with out raising all kinds of suspicion.

DAMMIT!! My plans have once again been ruined, both by a mixture of my own cowardice, and stuff beyond my control.

This sound familiar to you all?
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Pythos,

Not cowardice at all in my book. You are just dealing with circumstances beyond your control. That's life!

My kids are out of school for the summer, my wife and I decided not to share my crossdressing with them yet, so the hardest thing we are dealing with regarding this stuff is how I get ready, then out, then back into the house. If one of them changes their plans, my plans can turn to dust! Adds a lot of stress to the mix and sometimes it seems like it is just more trouble than it is worth.

All we can do is hang in there.

Debby

Gold Member
    One must prepare for worst case scenario.
    Next time you plan on doing something, just put all your femme gear in the trunk and find a nice empty parking lot to change. Maybe underdress as much as you can ahead of time. I used to have to do this.

But yeah I have had plans ruined in the past like I had something good planned and everything at once decided to work against me.

Just next time plan as if everything that can go wrong will, and plan accordingly. Yeah sometimes life does put up even more roadblocks but at least try your best.

Oh also if getting cleaned up would be an issue, this might sound tacky but maybe take some washcloths and do like a quick "bath" in a gas station restroom. Sounds tacky but anything to get things moving.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Banned Read only
    Actually, it's worse being already enfemme and having your plans changed. Nothing like having a nice relaxing day planned only to have it tanked by the unexpected. The worse I had was having a family member call because she had locked her car keys and house keys inside her house. She needed me to bring over my keys to her house, so she could get to work and get the kid to school. Of course, not only was I fully dressed, but, in full makeup and nail polish. Wasn't that a quick nail removal job with nail polish remover. Totally killed the desire to reapply the makeup and nail polish. Now I wait until she and child would have left for work and school.

hiya Pythos,

“parental unit”...hehehe...I loved those skits on SNL.
    hmmm...I wonder how Connie Conehead would handle that situation with Prymaat (her mom) sitting on the porch?

“Always have a plan A, a plan B and contingency plan for both. Chances are good that you may need all of them.”

Not sure who wrote that but it has proved to be good advice in my life,

So, how did you resolve the dressing obstacle? Called it off entirely?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The advice given here, particularly about having 2 backups is invaluable. For instance, when you saw your Mom, a good strategy would have been to unload something large from the trunk of your car, rush it inside, rush out the box or bag or whatever, in which, of course, you already have pre-packaged a 2nd set of what you're going to need for your visit, call over your shoulder to your mom "gotta go; I'll be home about X o'clock." Keep moving! If this doesn't work & she stops you to ask you where you're going (this is your second backup), mention a contemporary's name whom your mother won't disapprove of and whom you've already set up a deal with to act as each other's beard. If your beard isn't in when or if your mother calls, - "Oh, we agreed to meet there." having elicited "where" from your beard previously. Be brief; do not expound and never answer unasked questions. Yes, I realize this is deception, but you are forced into it by your circumstances it seems, so you might as well do it properly.
    Better luck next time,
    Donna
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Sounds only too familiar! Plans are like laws!! Made to be broken! I use to be that way! Now I live my life my way!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Sometimes you eat the bear and other times the bear eats you. Things happen and there is always next time.

Addendum:

So, after I wrote my entry, I tried to do other stuff, then realized...I have keys to the shop!!!!. LOL.

By that time the watcher was in bed (I do love my mom, don't get me wrong, but she is a major crimp in my style), I packed up my stuff and headed out. She was a sleep so I quietyly crept out.

I got to the shop, and got changed in less than 20 minutes. The oddest feeling about the whole deal was when in those familiar surroundings, being nekked and slipping into a pair of hose. Thankfully there was no chance anyone would come in.

I ended up having fun, and meeting a new person that may become a friend.

I am a Happy darkling. LOL
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

don't use the word cowardice about yourself!

you might feel you wimped out on something you wanted..but you measured the consequence, and you chose to change your plan...simple..

you are not a coward , and when you allow yourself to say that stuff about yourself, it creates an unnecessary issue....

I think there is a difference in being a coward in being practical. Sometimes you have to be practical. That USUALLY trumps everything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Click here to experience the Ionis Supernova!

“Our senses enable us to perceive only a minute portion of the outside world.”

- Nikola Tesla

Not cowardly to respect your parental units feeling ....you are a good kid...

Joann

Gold Member
    Great plan B! Things do have a way of working out sometimes.

It is inevitable that things will get in the way when we have well thought out plans. It is a subparagraph of Murphy's Law "Those that want to dress in a way that other members of the household don't know about, understand, or agree with will have one of those people at home whenever they want to get prepared. A subnote to that is "they usually arrive after all clothing, polish, and/or make-up is on, but you haven't made it out of the building".