Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So... what´s so good about it? ;)

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    Well for me, Since I was about 9 I have had this feeling of not belonging in the group of men. I just don't like the same things and I would much rather do other things then what regular guys do ( not that I cant do those things )
    So where am I going with this, for me wearing the clothes that where designed for women fulfills an empty feeling that is always and I mean always lingering somewhere inside of myself. I feel like I should belong in the company of women and I want to get closer to them, I have a huge desire to look and feel as muchon the outside like a woman that I feel like I already am on the inside.
    Now dont get me wrong I love being a husband to my wife and a father to my children. I have those needs as well, this is also part of the Crossdressing problem.
    As a Crossdresser most of us have a need to hide that huge part of who we really are to everyone that we know and that I believe is why when the opportunity presents itself to us to give us that tiny bit of freedom to express on the outside what we feel like on the inside constantly. WE RUN TO IT!! ( the drive to come home from work and put on a bra)
    We are in a costant state of hiding ourselves and for me anyways, I hate having to hide who it is I truly am.
    What am I Sure I am a crossdresser! But I am soooo much more then that too, I am a husband, a father, a friend, a man and a woman. I have to express who I am otherwise my mind just gets all flustered and I cannot function the way that I should. So I release some of what I am hiding and OMG the feeling of just being normal is such a relief and a release of fear.
    Sometimes, well most of the time I wish that I was a Woman so I could just be myself. But the biggest fear that I have is the what if my wife and children WONT love me anymore because of what I have lived with alll my life only chose to hide from them.
    This is Unfair to them becasue I BELIEVE WHOLE HEARTEDLY that if I did not have to hide who I am they would see a much Happier person and GAIN so much more from me as a person and this would translate into so much more for me also. Because I could be just like everyone else, normal.

Long before the internet came to be widely used I almost committed suicide because of my gender conflict. To this day I don't know why I didn't carry out my plan but I'm glad I didn't. As someone else on here said about that line in Shawshank Redemption I somehow got to embrace that feminine part of me and 'got busy living'.
    Why am I TS? I don't know but I am very much more happy when I can embrace myself as who I am. I do manly things but do not really like being a man. Now that we have sites like this I feel more comfortable (I am not alone) and confident in who I am.

For me, I don't know if "wonderful" is the focus of my dressing. The 'wonderful" comes when you actually realize your femme side by dressing. You make it real. The self joy, assurance, happiness that comes of expressing yourself, your total self is wonderful. Bras can be tiresome and after wearing one for awhile, yes, I'm am glad to have my chest free from the restriction. But when I am wearing it, I feel like Cassie.

Hi Suzie,

Would it surprise you to learn that you are not the first person to ask this question? If someone really knew "why" we crossdress they could become rich. Many of us can explain "why" in the terms of how we feel when "dressed" but the "why
    we "want to/ need to" is much harder.

I can tell you that I love the look and feel of women's clothes. I love heels and pantyhose (Iknow, I know). I love the way I look after having put on my makeup, jewelry, and wig. I like looking like a woman and being treated as a lady! No matter how I was feeling before getting dressed I always feel better after I am dressed. Need I go on?
    Hugs, Carole

I was dressed when I was young, and loved it from the first time.

After reading all the responses to the question, I have to agree with all of them. I was too young the first time to find it a sexual thrill, but it was and addicting feel from the first time I had a dress slipped on me and have had cravings my whole life for "chocolate".

I love the feel of 5" heels (even though I'm 6'2"), I love the feel of a nylon slip brushing my knees (especially when I'm wearing nylons), and sleeping in a light silky long nightgown.

I have spent my life overcompensating for my feminine side and it takes a toll, to the point I felt like I was living my life to live up to everyone elses expectations of what I should be. I'm tired of being macho and tired of stressing if I am living up to others expectations. I used to wake up every morning with terrible back pain (I can only guess from stress) but since I started to sleep in a light soft nightgown, I sleep better and wake up pain free.

So my answer to the question is, "I'm tired of being super macho invincable man and want to feel a little delicate, vulnerable, and sexy, because this is who I am."

You're a very lucky person Autunm to have a SO like Suzie!

Platinum Member
    Hi Suzie, Ask a thousand people and you will probably get a thousand different answers.
    Crossdressing is a lot like being a rail fan if I've got to explane it to you you probrbly
    wouldn't understand it anyway.
    That just my thoughts on it.

I pretty much agree with Karen on this but I still like denim skirts and ladies jeans.

Orchid
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 07-15-2011 at 05:35 PM.

Excellent question! I sure wish that I had a really good answer for you, but some things just don't come down to logic. It makes me happy. I feel pretty, look reasonably pretty, and it pleases me. Much of my life I've felt like I was robbed and that it was unfair that I wasn't supposed to like pretty clothes, shoes, hair, etc. Well, in large part over the last few years, I've decided that I don't care a great deal about what others may think, and I have been having a ball.

Asking "What's so good about it?" is kind of like saying "what's so good about chocolate?". How would you analyze and explain to others what you like about chocolate?

Banned Read only
    I cannot add to the conversation as to what is so good about it. I think that has been answered quite well at this point. However, I can help you out with the chocolate. http://www.giftblooms.com/product_in...&cPath=223&rc=

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    .....and now women want to go into combat & fly helicopters, drive racecars, be ceo's of corporations, kickboxing, ride harleys....
    I'm a regular guy, and yet there are feminine things I like too.
    For those women who can truly perform in these roles, I salute and welcome you. All I ask in return is that you leave some room for me when I want to be softer and seek a mutually satisfying conflict resolution instead or forcing a my way or the highway decision.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

Well Suzi, the fact is and what many CD's will not admit or consider is that it's all about getting in touch with deep feelings that need to be addressed. For some guys the only way to do this and still remain guys is to create a sub avatar of themselves to express their feminine feelings. This allows them to "legally" role play or whatever else they want to do with feminine (or perceived feminine) inclinations. Others simply enjoy it as a fetish. Still others realize the feelings need to be taken a step further and permanently live them after transitioning. A cross dresser knows thay have come to terms with their feelings when it becomes a total choice to do it rather than remaining a compulsion.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Suzie, as a chocoholic, I can't really add much to the chocolate analogy, but yeah, that's just about right!!! Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Suziecue View Post
    Again - a huge thank you to all answers here and the PMs I got, you guys are really amazing, dont let anyone ever tell you anything different!

Suzie
    I know what you mean, but ahem, girls, not guys.
    -Sedona

I spend my whole day in a uniform, breaking my knuckles and just about everything else, fixing cars. And just like a woman that works in a suit all day long, When I get home I can't wait to get out of those clothes and get comfortable. And the clothes that I am most comfortable in is nice soft womens clothes, Not the scratchy mens clothes that I wear all the time.
    Last edited by Raychel; 07-17-2011 at 07:25 AM.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Meredy's comment that she's tired of being super macho somwhat connects to me. I was badly bullied and pushed around as a boy, learned to deal with it and "be a man," but have never quite forgotten it. I do not like the pressures of being male, of feeling like you have to solve every problem, shut down every confrontation, etc....However, I started crossdressing even before those experiences. When I first sneaked into my mother's room and tried on her dresses, her high heels, here petticoats, her lipstick--I stood in front of the mirror and felt, "This is right. This is me. This is who I am."

Beyond that, I love women's fashions almost the way a designer does. I read Vogue and Elle and Allure, etc. I think about women's clothes and do what I can to learn about them. Thye are fun, they are beautiful and wearing them makes me feel alive.

Lol. My SO says the same thing. "I just wanna know cause I know nothing better than taking my bra off, so how come my SO cant wait to put his on?" If you could find the answer to why we CD we'd all be a little wiser. Its not a choice for me but more of a need. There seems to be 2 genders that make up my personality. The male side is dominant but the female or more accurately the feminine side needs to be expressed every so often. Well, more then every so often. My SO asks me this question sometimes and I never really give her an answer that I'm happy with. That's the why part. The fantastic part is the girly stuff we share. The shopping, dressing, comparing and all the stuff she used to do by herself. She knows when she asks me a question about her look or clothes or anything feminine I'm telling her the truth and not just appeasing her. The other part of fantastic is what it's done for me. No more hiding. The dressing was my deepest darkest secret since I started doing it. I'm 100% truthful with her. Before it was short of that. I'm lucky that she has embraced this side of me. I know it's different for every couple. Good thread Suziecue.

its not greasy, dirty,or filthy so what's not good about it

I think of it like a lot of things people do.
    Some like baseball, racing or hockey. They can't say WHY they like those things, they just do. Wearing womens clothing is kind of like that, its just something we want to do.
    Some like to act on stage, some make life their stage.

My counselour once told me that my dressing can be looked at kind of like a drug addiction due to the chemicals released in my brain which triggure a complete feeling of euphoria and peacefulness. Being addicted to womens clothes is not a bad thing, it is really quite enjoyable, were I get into trouble is with my OCD "Obsessive Clothing Disorder", OK, Compulsive I just thought clothing sounded better. I really have to keep control otherwise I would be flat broke neck high in clothes.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    For me, it just feels right. I love the feel of satin and silk against my skin (who wouldn't?). I feel more comfortable in panties; the fabric is usually thinner, whether it is cotton or satin, and they are shaped to fit better. I also like the patterns and colors much better. Men's underwear is usually thicker and bunches and rides up more. I love the feel and look of a mini skirt. Again, it feels right...it makes me feel like all is as it should be.
    I wear a sports bra when I am riding my bike or working out. It really seems to keep me cooler as it absorbs sweat and keeps me drier.
    I love to look down and see a pretty color on my toenails. It just makes me feel good.
    I sleep far better in a nightie or satin pajamas.
    My wife is great; she is very understanding. This has always been a part of me. I have tried to stop, but it just leaves me irritable and depressed; like a part of me is missing.
    Like others have said, life would be easier if I wasn't stuck between genders, but I am and I have learned to embrace and enjoy it.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!