Thread: Missed oppurtunity

Missed oppurtunity

Yesterday, I had to go into town to pay some bills. On the way back to the car park, I went past a ladies dress shop that was having a sale. In the window, was a gorgeous black dress reduced from £60 down to £32.
    When I got home, I told my SO about the black dress. She said "Is there something you want to tell me?"
    "No", I said. "I thought of you".
    Now I realize afterwards, that would have been an ideal time to come out to her.
    Damn it. Stupid me.

We've got a few days off together next week so we might go back into town and then I can show the dress (if it's still there).
    Much Love,
    Carly. XXX
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country.
    How true!! Describes me to a t - Love shopping

Fav Song - "Glory Box" by Portishead.
    Fav line from above song - "All I wanna be.. is a woman."

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Carly, you really need to sit down with your SO and have an honest talk with her about who you are. From this and other things you have written, I am pretty sure she already suspects and she will be relieved when you finally get the courage to tell her.

Please remember that what often hurts an SO when she discovers that her partner cross-dresses is not so much the activity as the fact that the partner did not trust her enough to talk about it.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 07-16-2011 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Grammar
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by Rianna Humble View Post
    Carly, you really need to sit down with your SO and have an honest talk with her about who you are. From this and other things you have written, I am pretty sure she already suspects and she will be relieved when you finally get the courage to tell her.

Please remember that what often hurts an SO when she discovers that her partner cross-dresses is not so much the activity as the fact that the partner did not trust her enough to talk about it.
    I will do but probably not until I've seen the therapist in August.

We've got a few days off together next week so we might go back into town and then I can show the dress (if it's still there).
    So maybe then would be a better time, as we could look at femme clothes together for both of us. Then again, I could be just daydreaming, Again.
    Much Love,
    Carly. XXX
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country.
    How true!! Describes me to a t - Love shopping

Fav Song - "Glory Box" by Portishead.
    Fav line from above song - "All I wanna be.. is a woman."

a bit nutty
    Quote Originally Posted by Rianna Humble View Post

I'm beginning to agree with you on this. My wife (whom I have not told) smiles and tells me she loves me when I "seriously kid around" about wanting to wear her stuff. I think she knows (or suspects) and is happy I'm saying something/anything about it to her. Not too far off from now, we may end up talking and I hope its like this OP when she opens the floor. Missed chance, yup you got that one. She probably has suspicions already and is waiting for you to say something to her.

Get-er-done! Life begins in a new dress!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Platinum Member
    Hi Carly, It's not going to get any easier the longer you wait the harder it's going to be.

Orchid

I had one of these just yesterday.

As my wife now knows, but doesn’t want me to dress anymore, but still drops the odd dig at me. While shopping for a new pair of shorts she dropped the usual “do you want to go to the ladies section and get a nice dress” after I was impatient about getting the shorts so we could just go home. I just said, with a stern voice, NO, but I should have said yes I do want to go there and get some nice clothes, but as usual, I was a bit slow.

I know just what you mean. My wife knows I crossdress and is not totally suuportive of it. When the subject comes up, it's usually with some sort of barbed gig about my dressing. She has known about it since before we were married (22 years) and tolerates it, but does not want to participate with me in it. I never know just where the conversation will lead (but usually into derogatory comments) when an opportunity comes along. I think that a lot of her issue is that if she is out with me dressed as Paula, one of her customers or church members will recognise her and put the two of us together and our "family secrete" will be the news of the town. I never seem to run into anyone I know when I'm out dressed alone, but hen she and I are out together (me in drab) we seem to encounter acquaintances regularly. I do go shopping with her often when she is looking for women's shoes, purses, dresses etc. for herself and I always have to hold back the desire to pick something out for myself........but that opportunity is comming soon. I don't know when or where yet, but maybe the next time I'm out shopping with her, I'll just pick up something and tell her, "I'm going to go try this on". I don't think it would really surprise her tooooo much, I just can't predict her reaction.