Thread: Covert conversation with my wife

Covert conversation with my wife

As background, my wife knows I crossdress and doesn't like it. I don't think she knows how much I crossdress. And I don't think she knows that I've had a mani/pedi done several times both en homme and en femme, and always with color on my toes.

Yesterday, I met my wife for lunch. We finished about 12:30 and were just talking at the outdoor table. She asked me to remind her that she had to be somewhere at 1:30. So about 20 minutes later I asked her where she was going to make sure that she had time to get there.

It turned out that she had an appointment to get her nails done. She had forgotten to bring her own nail polish (a deep purple) and she didn't have time to go home and get it before the appointment. So I told her to pick out a nice color, a different one. I told here that there must be all kinds of choices at the salon.

I called her at home about 3:30 and there was no answer. Finally, I called her cell at 4:30 and someone else picked up. Turned out it was the nail tech. She was still doing her mani/pedi 3 hours later. When my wife picked up the phone, she said she took my advice; she picked out a new color.

When we both got home, she proudly showed me her painted toenails. Two on each foot were purple, two were a pale pink, and the middle one was a "peachy" pink (her words). I told her that they looked great and that I liked the peachy pink best. (That is the one I would have picked for me.)

Then I said now I understand now why the mani/pedi is such a big deal. Three hours of pampering, with someone waiting on you hand and foot (literally).

Then she talked about the conversation she "overheard" at the next table at lunch. One of the guys was talking about the expense of divorce, particularly if you had a high maintenance wife who had to get a mani/pedi every week. She was surprised that the guy knew about mani/pedis. I told her (honestly) thatIi first heard the word on the TV show "Will and Grace".

The whole time I'm thinking, this was a great conversation, but would have been so much better if I could have been honest about my interest and experience in mani/pedis.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I drove my wife and daughter to their last mani/pedi. My wife knows I am a crossdresser but doesn't support much. Allthough she washes my panties routinely. Anyway, while getting prepaared to get her Mani/pedi, the tech asked if I was going to get one too. Then my wife "offered" also - more than once. I declined.

Sometimes I do such stupid things.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

KarenS
    I love being a woman!

Karen, perhpas you should ask for a raincheck?

I get a pedicure from time to time. My wife suggested it and we go together. No polish or anything, just a chance to get the nails trimmed right and dead skin removed. I've seen other men getting pedicures at the same place.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I have my nails done every 3 weeks and have my toes painted. My wife has grown used to it, so no problem. What I can't understand is if you have mani and pedi's and have your toes painted, how do you hide this fact from your wife?

My Wife isn’t very accepting or supporting of my dressing and I get the cold-shoulder when I do for the first few hours, but eventually she gets around to speaking to me again. For Father’s Day my Daughter bought me my first pedicure, with the proviso that she got to help pick out the color. On the way home she disclosed that while she had been thinking of taking me for a pedicure it was actually my Wife who suggested it. When I got home my Wife looked at my toes, but the only thing she said was “Oh my.” I have virtually worn nothing but flip-flops since the pedicure and we have gone to a lot of different places, and nobody seems to notice. My Wife has stopped asking if I’d rather wear shoes before we go out. This week both my Wife and I went in for a pedicure. As I sat down and the technician started to remove the polish she asked if I wanted to go with the same color; which I did.

During my first pedicure I asked how many men got colored polish and I was told that I was not unique.

I now chuckle at myself because my Wife tried for a couple years to get me to go for a pedicure and I always declined, now I wish I had gone, although at the time I would not have gotten colored polish. What a difference a few years make.

I think you made a mistake, next time you should suggest that she make a reservtion for two and that you’ll accompany her.

BTW: My Doctor has been suggesting that I get a pedicure(s) for the last couple of years. I have Type II Diabetes and she says it is important that I take care of my feet and a good way to do that is with regular pedicures.
    Babs

Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    I have my nails done every 3 weeks and have my toes painted. My wife has grown used to it, so no problem. What I can't understand is if you have mani and pedi's and have your toes painted, how do you hide this fact from your wife?
    In the winter it's not so hard. I wear socks 23.5/7. I have cold feet. So the only time my toes are exposed is when I'm in the shower or changing socks. I've kept my toes painted as long as 6 weeks at a stretch. I thought I was really busted one time. While I was in the shower drying off, my wife came by, opened the shower door and kissed me before she left for the day. I guess she didn't look down, or maybe she did and decided not to confront me about it.

Even though I don't get to see my painted toes very often, I always "see" them. Sometimes at work it's like I have X-ray vision and can see my painted toes through my shoes.

I only have clear nail polish on my fingers unless my wife is out of town. She actually gave me my first clear "nail polish" because my mails kep splitting.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.