Thread: I'm starting to get a little freaked out.

I'm starting to get a little freaked out.

After selling everything my family and I own in a yard sale today (well, not everything), I decided to go inside for a glass of water. I noticed that my aunt (whose house I live in) was dressed for a night out, I complimented her on her outfit. I had just recently told my aunt about my dressing during a cancer benefit/ drag pageant, and she was completely accepting.

As soon as I complimented her, she looks at me, and says "Hey, how about we go shopping for Tara on the first?" I asked if she was serious, and she nodded yes. I squealed with delight, but then I was thinking about all that has happened lately.
    1) I tell my parents and little brother about my CD'ing, and they are accepting, and my mom even wants to help me express my femme side.
    2) I tell my aunt about my CD'ing in time for the Cancer benefit drag pageant, and she is not only accepting, but she buys me some beautiful heels, and even told me that I was beautiful when dressed as a woman.
    3) Today, my Aunt offers to take me out for a girl's day.

It's like some unknown power wants me to crossdress. Everything is going right, there is no sign of anything going wrong in the near future.

Things are going a little too well, and it's freaking me out. Why do I feel like this?

Whoops, almost forgot- My parents asked me if I wanted to try being a professional drag queen not two days ago. They were serious, and said that they would pay for dancing lessons, along with shoes, makeup, jewelery, and clothes. Considering that, I'm a little bit more suspicious that something is waiting around the corner to screw everything up.
    Last edited by Loretta; 07-16-2011 at 10:36 PM. Reason: I forgot the last part of it.
    "Move along people, there's nothing to see here."

Sounds like you are just having really good luck. That, or you have a very accepting family which alot of us didn't/don't have
    Never meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste great dipped in chocolate and covered with sprinkles

I'm a RED member

Probably nerves hun. seems like you are a lucky girl. Go get you shop on and have fun! hope you post some pics of the new stuff
    [SIZE="1"]Quote of the week! "This badger on a stick stuff is going to have to stop! [/SIZE]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/66137661@N05/

Gold Member
    Go with it. Sometimes when you are good to other people, you only get good back., Karma does exist sometimes. I am happy for you and I hope it all goes this well for you endlessly.

Would you still feel that way if you had no knowledge what-so-ever of others who can't find acceptance?
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT View Post
    Would you still feel that way if you had no knowledge what-so-ever of others who can't find acceptance?
    I'm not quite understanding your question.
    "Move along people, there's nothing to see here."

The only thing that could screw up paradise is you! And you're NOT going to! Because I said so! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Just trying to get you to do some personal insight.

You could be freaked out because of all the stories you've read about others and their experience with nonacceptance, but I didn't want to put any thoughts into your head. If you hadn't read such stories, I doubt you'd be freaked out about your acceptance. Just my opinion, however.
    DonnaT

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    Feast or famine...I have stated myself that my dressing and goals of transitioning always seem to either be at a standstill or running down the tracks like a runaway freight train.

I think it is just the nature of the beast to feel a bit overwhelmed at times. If it feels like you are indeed becoming a bit overwhelmed...then by all means feel free to take a step back for a little bit, get yourself calmed down and don't be afraid to ask your Aunt, or your Parents etc....to just give you a little breathing room.

It sounds as if you have a wonderful support system in place already...I bet you dollars to doughnuts they will understand and be more than willing to respect your need for a little space as well.
    Last edited by Wendy_Marie; 07-17-2011 at 07:20 AM. Reason: spelling as usual
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

Guess you'll be asking the Mods to change your name to 'Tara out of the closet' sometime soon eh? Go with the flow Tara and be grateful that your family accept you.
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Great insight from both Donna T and Wendy Marie. It sounds as though you have a very loving family. If in fact you do, then they are truely open to your feelings. Exspress yourself to them, tell them that it "fells too good to be true". Right now it's all about you and your reactions. Have you asked them, honestly, how they feel? By openning yourself up to them and allowing them to reveal their aprehensions, you may very well diffuse a future conflict before it starts. Just my own thoughts. You have no idea how I wish it could have been this way for me when I was your age.

It sounds liek things are really going your way, I would just be happy and run with it. Waiting for the ball to drop. I have my fingers crossed for you.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Wouldnt be freaked out by it.
    Other than going singing in front of people, that all sounds great.
    Embrace it. You may regret it if you don't, and in the future you'll be trying to solve the old "What if...?" conundrum.

All the best!
    Samantha -x-

Aspiring Member
    Actions speak louder than words and it seems that not only is your family telling you that they accept and support you but they are willing to be seen out publicly with you and put their money where their mouth is. Congratulations, what a nice family to be a part of!

Wow. What a great support network. You are blessed!
    When a woman dresses like a man, it's ok. But when a man dresses like a woman, you think it's degrading. Because you think being a woman is degrading. -Madonna-

There's an old saying...

"Never look a gift horse in the mouth"...

Enjoy your freedom and acceptance...so many of us would die to have that
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

When you ask for acceptance, and get it, don't argue with it!
    You are lucky to have such a family, enjoy the love you are surrounded with.
    Tina b.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.