Thread: Finally Came Out to Someone

~On the road to Erin~ ZosKiaCultusC7's Avatar

Finally Came Out to Someone

So tonight, I finally came out to my best friend, who happens to be female. In fact, she was the first love I had back when we were in high school.

A year or two ago, I tried coming out to her. I was hesitant to do so and even though liquid courage was flowing through my veins, I played it off like I was joking. Tonight, I texted her asking if her daughter liked a cat picture I posted on her Facebook wall. Eventually, the discussion led to me coming out to her. Like I thought she would, she completely accepts what I had to tell her, even though she was a little surprised. Regardless, she said that she is willing to accompany me to any social gatherings of like-minded individuals in the area. Even though she sucks at makeup (her words, not mine), she opted to help me out!

I will say that this is an extraordinary amount of weight lifted off of my chest. She is the first person I have told and I feel that it's a great first step to expressing who I really am.

That being said, anyone know of any CD/TG happenings in the Seattle area?

That's a great little story! Thank you for sharing! Sorry I can't help you with Seattle! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

People who like you will support you

Gold Member
    You can't get acceptance from everyone, sadly enough, because some just haven't wrapped their minds around it. But I feel we can get acceptance from most if we take our time and present it well. Congratulations! I hope this is the beginning of some more good times with your friend and more successful "outings".

Oh yes it can be very cathartic in that what you percieved as abhorent really ain't that bad. I'ld openned up to two women I worked with and was recieved quite enthusiastically...kinda figure it would be. Just try to maintain a thick skin for those that don't. Be sweet.

Its a great feeling to have another of your friends know who you really are!! I remember the first and every one thereafter. It only gets easier!!! I actually just told 2 more friends (a couple), both are fine with it .

We are not alone out there, Here's hoping all your friends are as supportive whenever you decide to let them know BE STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by bridget thronton View Post
    People who like you will support you
    Now that is the best quote I have heard on here for months!
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,