Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you dress to stand out ?

Do you dress to stand out ?

Hi,

When You dress , do you wish to stand out [ as in really short skirts , vampy heals ect.]
    Or is your style more to blend ?

Do you feel you accomplish your goal ?

Presh GG

Well I don't dress to bend in!! Ways skirts or dresses unless it 20 below zero out.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I don't go out but I think I may stand out if I did. I truly love high end skirts suit with nice heels and satin blouses. I have several but I think if I wore my red power suit with it's long fitted skirt paired with white shiny tights and a white liquid satin blouse I would most defineately stand out. Althouh that would not be my goal and probably not an outfit I would start with if I ever do go out.

I don't dress to blend in. I like to look dressed nice. I wear skirts or dresses and open toe - mid or high heels almost always. I have only worn slacks and boots out one time when there was snow on the ground and freezing temperatures.
    Suzi Q

I guess I prefer casual and bus/casual looks. I'm not into the glam or fetish wear at all. I present as a rather curvey 50 something aged woman. So perhaps when I do go out, it will be my chest that gets noticed..can a big girl really blend in? The scars on both my shins preclude wearing skirts. Though a bit of concealer may help.

Loaded question there Presh, since anything but tanktops, shorts and flipflops is considered non-blending here in the southwest. I personaly like nice skirts and dresses (thank God I don't have a Black House/White Market charge card!), but you only see them in the store windows and never on the ladies!

I try to dress so that while I may be better dressed than most, I am still age and situation appropriate. I want to look nice but not stand out.
    Hugs, Carole

I dress whatever way that makes me feel the most girly at a paticular time.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I dress age appropriate. In this weather I wear shorts, skorts and capris with a color coordinated top and low heel or flat sandals. Makeup is also age appropriate.

If looking nice and appropriate for age makes me stand out then that is moi but standing out is not my goal. I wear skirts and pants as it suits me for what I am doing or where I am going or the weather. I dress in the manner any GG would dress. The short skirt and vampi heels is not age appropriate for me nor would I dress that way as it would give a message I do not wish to give. Does it achieve my goal: yes!

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Most of the time, I have to abide by my company's dress code, so you could probably say that I dress to blend in. When I am not at work if I am going out somewhere, I try to be elegant but understated - that is not easy when you are three to four dress sizes larger than you want to be

I was tempted by mini-skirts at first until I tried one on and realised that it made me look like mutton dressed up as lamb

To the extent that most people no treat me as the woman I was always meant to be when they see me, I thinmk that it does achieve my goal.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 07-17-2011 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Forgot to answer goals question
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I dress age appropriate usually casual sometimes dressy my wife goes out with jackie most of the time, keep her happy and me out of the fire lol

I dress for the venue and time of day, taking a change of outfits if necessary for a quick change in the car. I try to dress stylish when possible and do not mind being noticed. I do like and wear shorter skirts, but not the trampy type with "Do Me" heels. I have my special outfits to stand out at the right venue.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I dress to look like most of the middle aged ladies walking around in public!! Granted, with no wig and no makeup, I certainly don't look like a middle aged lady!! But that is the way I dress! In all the many years that I have been crossdressing, I have never dressed to really stand out!! I am very similar to Allie in the way I dress!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Banned Read only
    Well I don't go out. I have on 2 different occasions and so I dress to blend with the public. But when I dress as home for myself and for my wife, I may dress to be look like a cheap street walker, but would never walk the streets in some of that attire though. I like many different looks. I'm not with one particular kind of look.

Well, I never dressed to "stand" anywhere Hon. I dressed to dance and did I accomplish my goal? Yeppers hours and hours of it.
    Last edited by Kate Simmons; 07-17-2011 at 03:37 PM.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I do dress to blend in...with the exception of always being in heels! But I do see other women when I go out shopping or whatever in heels, even though nost may be in flats. And I always dress age-appropriate
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

Thank you all !
    Sorry to say, the gals I know who "stand out" are wearing way to big breasts , But that's just my opinion.

I like a summer dress & low heal sandles myself.
    Your answers are appreciated !

Presh GG

I dress to not so much stand out, but I definitely dress to open minds. I would love for people to see the styles I wear and say " wow, that looks good, if she/he can do it, why can't I?" and then actually try it. My styles are usually in the vampy, look though, cause I have the style I like. Skirts are an essential part of my fem.androg, to full fem look.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

I've been trying to develop a more natural look when it comes to clothing and makeup. However, I do realize that kicking things up a bit like wearing sheer stockings, heels, and a bit more makeup actually works to create more of a feminine illusion. I'd like to be able to fool the eye in pants, a cardigan, and a pony tail but that actually enhances my man features while hiding the female ones. My most convincing traits are my legs and hips. I love heels! They surely make my lower half look more delicate but they also make me around 6 feet tall.

I hope to find a middle ground. I can still wear skirts and tights without looking tarty. If I find more time, I'll practice up.

I try to look nice without standing way out! But then again an ol' country redneck country cowgirl like me will standout anyhows! Call someone who cares! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Presh,

I stand out as much by what I don't wear as what I do. It's not a goal to stand out so much as an inherent part of going at it my own way. I don't go for the vampy look myself at least not on purpose.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

I try my best to look like a nice young lady, even though the 'young' fades by the day.

Regarding the chest, never was one to stuff my bra, even before I had boobs. They bring crazy-unwelcome attention. Some of the transwomen I know IRL have basketballs attached to them. Can't relate to that at all, not sure what is psychologically driving that. You can't help what you naturally have, but there's no way those are natural.

Guess you could say, I like to dress one notch above wallflower.
    "Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable."

I agree regarding breast size. I don't wear forms anymore and wear a C cup. For my frame it is a perfect size.

I dress to blend but a man's head on a girls body stands out ...lol
    I dress my age but usually in skirts, no short skirts as that is teenager types - mostly pencil. I only own one pair of jeans, a few trousers. All of my clothes are trendy and with the current times and everything is worn with high heels!!! there is no other shoe in my mind (unless I am walking my dog then I am in sneakers otherwise I will break my ankles ...lol)

I think I pull it off well enough. Sometimes I have a hit and miss outfit but it's short lived and recovered with the right pieces.