Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: masculinity and the CD

masculinity and the CD

I was wondering how other CDs express there masculinity. Even though I am a CD, I still love my masculine side. I enjoy all night fishing with the boys and four wheeling. drinking beer and playing metal on my guitar till 3am (or until the neighbors call the police). I have also noticed that when dressed in my feminine attire my demeanor changes even without me realizing. I was curious how other CDs deal with this.
    [SIZE="1"]Quote of the week! "This badger on a stick stuff is going to have to stop! [/SIZE]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/66137661@N05/

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I just accept the many obvious and apparant masculine attributes I have as being a part of being who I am. Even when in complete girl mode the same interest that my male side has does not go anywhere. They just remain the same interest in while girl mode along with other important interest such as finding a the right pair of shoes to go with whatever outfit I'm wearing and making sure my make up is ok.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

No one said you need to be one or the other.
    Gender expression is a spectrum, some stay on one spot of that spectrum, wherever that may be.
    Others like me prefer to move about the skies.....I have a slider control that lets me go wherever I want whenever I want.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 07-17-2011 at 10:06 PM.

I always say I block out my male side! But! If you complain about my makeup or skirt! Ther's gonna be a fist fight! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I'm not sure I have much of one, lately I just stopped putting up any charades and act naturally in some ways could be defined as effeminate.
    I remember growing up and asking my brother how men "were supposed to act/ect..." because I always seemed to be different.

Although I suppose you could argue growing up playing with computers and electronics masculine.

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    How coincidental to read this as I have been contemplating the same this last weekend while my wife has been away and I have been dressed more than usual.

As I do not act nor speak feminine when dressed (although I try to sit more lady-like) I am rarely concerned with where my masculinity goes. On the other hand, I have detested suits and the like since I was 4 when I was forced into one for a family photo. That was a good 3 years before I ever felt a draw towards the feminine spectrum of clothing.

What I am hoping is that as I try to enjoy more avenues of en femme dressing - ordering new things with prettier, more feminine fabrics and colours - that I might also explore and express a more masculine side with clothes, some male items that go beyond jeans, t-shirts and hiking boots. Sometimes I think that if I wore more traditionally male attire - if at least for my wife's sake if not mine - that she might bend a little more with my femme wardrobe. She's not inflexible but she is not all that keen on it, either. She knows I am an average guy who always wants to be a guy (but a guy who wears panties and the like from time-to-time) so seeing and feleing her man in a collared shirt and dress pants on the odd occasion could hardly hurt my "cause".

To kind of respond to your query...I do not do anything in particular to express my masculinity. Like many others whose posts I have read I have always felt different than the stereotypical guy (my wife has mentioned on occasion that while I sound 100% male I talk quite differently than most others.) I am who I am and my personality includes typical facets from both genders. I just try to balance them and apply them when appropriate without being false or insincere. That is not to say that those whose demeanors change when they change their clothes are false, not at all. I just do not have a distinct line in my personality. I would effectively still walk, talk and act like a guy if I were in heels and a dress or in my usual male garb.

Good question, desa ray!

I love my male persona. Yet I do like to immerse myself in all things feminine while dressed
    Be Yourself

Interesting question, I like my male me... at work when people need help with something "manly" like drilling into concrete walls I'm happy to help, same thing at home... I love building stuff like fences, cabinets and whatelse! The other night for example our 8 year old wooden bed crashed more then I could stand so I took it all apart, put in some new screws and replaced a few boards and now it's as good as new again!

Enough said, I like being the manly man that I can be, having my SO cuddle up against my chest or having a beer... but that doesn't stop me from loving the other side of me either! heh, my SO actually asked me the other night after I fully dressed for her for the first time in years "will it be every day?" and I said no, I like taking being me to most of the time... just that sometime this makes me feel better

I understand what you are saying Hon but for me, it's not so much a question of being one or the other as it is being myself.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Playing ice hockey is pretty manly... Even though I'm wearing panties a sports bra and female Jill shorts..

Last edited by Karren H; 07-18-2011 at 06:47 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    For me, crossdressing really just makes me feel good...less likely to get angry, more willing to listen. But I don't know that it affects my masculinity, at least not my definition of it. I have always been a fairly masculine guy. I was in the military (airborne infantry), I like whitewater rafting, I love football and baseball. But I also love sheer lace undergarments, heels and above the knee skirts and dresses. I don't mind doing the food shopping and I am a great cook (if I do say so myself). I've stopped trying to figure it out. I like what I like and I am what I am.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Like all of the other comments, I too feed both sides of my personality. As a guy I love to play and watch football, and I was a referee in hockey for years. You need to do something to keep the body in shape. I also enjoy the gentler side of me, which I feed with lingerie and pretty clothes. By the way girls play hockey in Canada also. In the league that I was in we had a a couple of girls who were really good and had tryouts with the national team. They needed to play with the guys to hone there skills to a higher level.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I love both! Hunting, competitive shooting, golf etc are my male mode loves. Now when I'm in Jill mode it's about shopping for cute clothes, to die for shoes and matching purses, girlie chat over lunch, coffee or a glass of wine or a Cosmo!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I like the term "bi-gendered". We found Tina 6 years ago and never really expected much but a cursory investigation of what my femme side was like. What we found was another person with a very different personality! There are two sides to me and I love them both!

Wait we're supposed to have a masculine side? Hmmm is reading novels incessantly manly enough? My tastes and hobbies have changed as I've gotten older but I used to play a mean game of paintball (played on an amateur team as well). Also seeing as I have been and always will be a tech junkie, I seem to have a certain affinity to video games but you can keep the violent shooters to yourself lol. Little Big Planet is sooooo cute and addictive as hell!
    "Dance as though no one is watching you. Love as though you have never been hurt before. Sing as though no one can hear you. Live as though heaven is on earth"

There is as always a deeper question. Why are these traits you describe necessarially "masculine". Fishing...I know of some girls that like the relaxation of fishing. Four wheeling...well this is infested with a certain mentality I just prefer to keep away from, but I think there are many brave females that wish to or actually do participate in this activity. Playing metal? This is a masculine activity? Some of the best shredders on You tube are female.

I am not meaning to split hairs here, I am just always wondering why it is assumed these and other activities have a gender. Perhaps if women had not been disuaded from these activities this genderfication of them would exist. Slowly and thankfully this is becoming a thing of the past.

I would love to engage in those "manly" things I like to do, but appear how I wish, wearing what I wish, and still be accepted. That is the key though, and many guys doing these "manly" things, for the most part are intolerant.
    Last edited by Pythos; 07-18-2011 at 11:40 AM.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythos View Post
    There is as always a deeper question. Why are these traits you describe necessarially "masculine". Fishing...I know of some girls that like the relaxation of fishing. Four wheeling...well this is infested with a certain mentality I just prefer to keep away from, but I think there are many brave females that wish to or actually do participate in this activity. Playing metal? This is a masculine activity? Some of the best shredders on You tube are female.

I am not meaning to split hairs here, I am just always wondering why it is assumed these and other activities have a gender. Perhaps if women had not been disuaded from these activities this genderfication of them would exist. Slowly and thankfully this is becoming a thing of the past.

I would love to engage in those "manly" things I like to do, but appear how I wish, wearing what I wish, and still be accepted. That is the key though, and many guys doing these "manly" things, for the most part are intolerant.
    Well said Pythos. There isn't a barrier that totally seperates the masculine from the feminine. It just leans to one side or the other a bit more with certain things. Billie Jean

Aspiring Member
    Although the years have robbed me from my ability to get into too many pi**ing contests and allowing me to show off how much testerone I have, I still have the ability to throw my leg over my Goldwing and travel the Texas highways with either my cap on backwards or wearing a "do rag".

In my younger years, competitive basketball (on every level), USVBA well into my 50's, 10 marathons (Boston, NY, Chicago,STL, Omaha, Cowtown, & White Rock), Slo-pitch Softball, HS and college baseball, fathered four children with two different women and let me tell you that the older I become, the better and tougher I was!!!!!

I have to add a side note to the motorcycle: my wife had a 650 Yamaha Classic that she really didn't like so we traded it in for a Honda Silverwing. For those of you who are not familiar with bikes, a Silverwing is an automatic transmission scooter (600 cc). My wife already knows that Annie will be riding the scooter wearing short shorts and tank tops and and loving every minute.

Pythos is right when she said that there are not many "manly" activities left that women are not doing now.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Pythos, in my situation I had a life for 55 years that was focussed on being a guy. I grew up as a guy and that socialization is what I think we all call "masculine", as poorly defined as that is (and it is, I agree).

Now that Tina exists, it seems easier to separate those things that she likes and the socialization of growing up as a girl that my wife has been teaching Tina about.

So I guess it comes down to socialization, plus the biological view of "men" being the strong "slayer of the dragon" mentality. The fact is that even in my lifetime the view of what is feminine and what is masculine has evolved, but we only have our own experience to go with..

More fashion conscious in male mode. I don't wear a Realtree shirt with Mossy Oak pants. Wow, what a blunder that would be! Even rednecks have style standards.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by desa ray
    I was wondering how other CDs express there masculinity. Even though I am a CD, I still love my masculine side. I enjoy all night fishing with the boys and four wheeling. drinking beer and playing metal on my guitar till 3am (or until the neighbors call the police). I have also noticed that when dressed in my feminine attire my demeanor changes even without me realizing. I was curious how other CDs deal with this.
    [SIZE="2"]I hope ReineD is reading this, because it verifies everything I outlined in the “Get Well Soon” thread. To answer your “masculine” question, I do NOT express my masculinity in any way, shape, or form, in fact I crossdress to actively detach myself from male-ness. You really should try it, or, better still, SHOW your cross-dressed self to your peers and see what happens. I think the results will be very painful, but you just might LEARN something...
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Pythos
    [SIZE="2"]And I guarantee that the females who engage in these “masculine” activities are just as intolerant as their male counterparts. Fishing? How about expressing compassion for all living creatures? Isn’t compassion supposedly a feminine virtue? Four-wheeling? I’m sure some females love to make lots of noise, roll in the mud*, and revel in the consequences of obnoxious behavior, but these are males in all but gender. Playing metal? A male invention, pure and simple. How about females thinking up their own musical genre, based on their own female-ness, and not copying something that has already been done to death (no pun intended)?

*See you at “Camp Dirt.” Well, actually, I’ll sit this one out – I have certain standards to uphold...
    [/SIZE]

Take a look at the picures I just posted. By the way one of my instructors was a woman. She passed me at 135mph like I was going backward. Hobies are not at all gender or sex specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythos View Post

That is just like why I wonder why clothes need to be mens or womens!
    Just LOVE being censored! Why have a forum if you can't speak your mind!
    https://www.facebook.com/glorenz2

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I love to hunt especially archery, but so does my daughter, who is very much all girl! I also go four wheeling, fishing, scuba diving, spear fishing, and I love to dive with sharks. I also enjoy zip lines and cabinet making. I have tattoos, but I also like painting my toe nails, denim mini skirts, pretty panties, and nighties. Which side wins? I enjoy them both!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Plain and simple, I express my masculinity every single day at work and in most social settings. I am male maybe 98% of the time.
    I like being male and the things many of us men do. But I also love my fem side and am glad I am transgendered for it softens the heart and lets me at least feel somewhat feminine like what I adore, admire and respect more then anything. In many ways, women are the stronger sex. So I dress and act like them to be like them as often as I can.