Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: masculinity and the CD

Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    [SIZE="2"]I hope ReineD is reading this, because it verifies everything I outlined in the “Get Well Soon” thread. To answer your “masculine” question, I do NOT express my masculinity in any way, shape, or form, in fact I crossdress to actively detach myself from male-ness. You really should try it, or, better still, SHOW your cross-dressed self to your peers and see what happens. I think the results will be very painful, but you just might LEARN something...
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]And I guarantee that the females who engage in these “masculine” activities are just as intolerant as their male counterparts. Fishing? How about expressing compassion for all living creatures? Isn’t compassion supposedly a feminine virtue? Four-wheeling? I’m sure some females love to make lots of noise, roll in the mud*, and revel in the consequences of obnoxious behavior, but these are males in all but gender. Playing metal? A male invention, pure and simple. How about females thinking up their own musical genre, based on their own female-ness, and not copying something that has already been done to death (no pun intended)?

*See you at “Camp Dirt.” Well, actually, I’ll sit this one out – I have certain standards to uphold...
    [/SIZE]
    I think you've missed the whole point of this thread Frederique......nobody, not GG, TS, TV, CD, Straight, Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, or anything else you might care to add to the list is 100% feminine or 100% masculine. You say you reject the masculine part of your personality......I say you're rejecting yourself instead. Why be half a person when you can be a whole? Also life to quote Anne Rice so beautifully, life is a "savage garden." Life is neither nice nor easy. You're a fool to think otherwise. Do you think that girl over there enjoying her eggs with her breakfast could care less about the safety and welfare of the unborn chicken fetus? Absolutely not! It's eat or be eaten honey, maybe once you grow up you'll realize this.

What I see is a lonely girl who sits at her house, a recluse by her own choice, attacking others for enjoying the beauty of life. So what if they enjoy masculine tendencies? Not everybody on this site is TS, or did you forget this some how in the midst of trying to tear down others? They celebrate everything they are sweety, not just your polarized view of life and what it should be like. Life is short so live it, not watch it pass you by.
    "Dance as though no one is watching you. Love as though you have never been hurt before. Sing as though no one can hear you. Live as though heaven is on earth"

Platinum Member
    For me it's either Crossdressing or Rail faning they don't ever mix.

Orchid

Because no GG does those things...
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Thanks to all who answered. Just to be clear, of course the few examples I gave are not "strictly speaking" gender specific. If i somehow implied this I apologize. what my intention was, was to see how other C/Ds balance the two sides. being a crossdresser I have no intention of ever abandoning my male persona and sometimes the two sides clash. (ever try to to play a guitar with acrylics?) I know many women who have no problem putting a worm on a hook but I know many many more who wouldn't dare. There are always exceptions to any rule. Furthermore, being a c/d means (to me) that I am a man that likes to wear women's cloths and therein lies the difference between a C/D and a transgender or transsexual person. I enjoy expressing my feminine side but I am all man.
    [SIZE="1"]Quote of the week! "This badger on a stick stuff is going to have to stop! [/SIZE]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/66137661@N05/

Junior Member Sophiewouldbenice's Avatar

Besides feminizing my male side sometimes, I am much of a bad guy, at least by body language - but I am looking forward to get rid of it, but well if you like metal music its just fun to do this fighting dance stuff and running around in a black leather jacket and with ellows all but close I look like suh a badass, sometimes feeling the way, sometimes the opposite. I like it and like solving problems with this attitude, but deep in me, I think I do not really want that.

When I am if male mode I am All Male to a fault. I know I sometimes I play the Dumb Man card when femanine things arise when around my wife. I may pull the most hideous dress off of the rack and say I like it and she should try it on. And I only buy manly clothes, no fancy colors or fabrics. Its just a knee jerk reaction sort of thing for fear of being found out.

Junior Member Sophiewouldbenice's Avatar
    Hey Suzy, did the same in past (now changing this), its crazy how someone behaves just becourse of fear of discovery. Well but people will ask, for example, a friend told us, that he did his eye brows, he is maybe bi but not tg in anyway, but looks a little bit soft. First we where all laughing, some month later, as the same topic arised I looked at him and just said, lets see if you have the proper shape... and friends were asking me, how I can possible know about this. Later on feeling bad for the guy, I even told them, that I once had dyed my eye lashes black, and again questions - but who cares, I do not like negate anymore.