Thread: i think

i think

that there more of us out there. the one that go out all the time got to the pont that thay blend in wree you cant tail if thay are crossdresser or not. what do you think

i think i tend to agree...that there are more cd/tg/ts's out there than anyone would believe; that the one's that go out all the time have got to the point where they blend-in so well you cant tell that they're not a GG. Moreover... not by design but by happenstance... we are thus effectively infiltrating the GG world, changing its very nature, redefining its values, assumptions and what WAS the generally male unperceived yet among other GG's, very knowing sympatico and solidarity of purpose wrt their ability to manipulate / steer & control ideas, motives and ultimate outcomes. All this dark subterfuge now being undermined and replaced with an entirely fresh honest new and much improved feminine ideal. Yea...excellent point slamdoger. Vive la new femme!
    Last edited by Annaliese2010; 07-18-2011 at 06:50 PM.

I disagree. If you look at our membership (29,000+) and active members (6,000 plus), simple math tells me that far less then 1% go out dressed. Of that smal number, less then 50% pass or blend in enough to not be noticed. Many that go out dressed just don't care if they are read or not. Many in fact, do look like a man in a dress and they don't care. True there are some very attractive CD's that can pull it off. but the numbers are very small.
    I'm not one that can pull it off and yes, like most, I do care what others think of me...even strangers.

I think there are more people than ever before who do go out and blend to the point of not being read, especially by those who don't read the more subtle gender cues easily. At the same time, I believe there are relatively few such people, compared to the population in general.
    Reine

Hot Blooded Space People
    An interesting possibility and I find it compelling. Naturally not everyone uses the internet so...memberships of online groups like this are only so reliable, and everyone asssumes passing is impossible. I don't doubt that it's really REALLY hard and requires a ton of hard work but when you assume that it's impossible, you also tend to assume that no one does it, which might make you blind to the people who succeed at it....

Someone needs tp gp the the mall and do a poll...

Excuse me Ma'am... You a guy? Smack... That's one no... Ma'am......
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Someone needs tp gp the the mall and do a poll...

Excuse me Ma'am... You a guy? Smack... That's one no... Ma'am......
    No no, the correct phrase to use is,"I was having trouble deciding, are you actually a man?"
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    At one point I thought the situation was the other way around, i.e. that there are a lot of us who dabble in their femme sides but don't have the situation that will help them even know they have a viable feminine side. I thought this because that was my situation and without an insightful wife and a bit of luck I'd still be muddling along as a guy!

But, I may be changing my mind. When I'm out in public I don't ordinarily scan people specifically, but there are times I'm locked into a static situation and it opens my eys. I'm on a train and the woman across the aisle from me clearly uses this train a lot as she and conductor converse as old friends. After 15 minutes of noticing the details, she was one of us! In a grocery store as I went around the aisles I ran into the same women 5 times. She was a bit shy of meeting me but she looked good. I happen to be behind her and finally noticed the "guy" clues. In Starbucks a woman in front of me in line for 5 min was the object of my attention as I had nothing better to do. She was just a bit taller than I and that started me looking. She ordered her latte in a lovely feminine but deep voice, and she and I had a lovely chat about the directions she needed for her drive that morning (out of towner). She was also one of us.

None of these women would have generated a second glance from me. It was just the circumstance that they were fixed in my gaze for a period of time by circumstance. There really could be a lot of us out there, but I doubt they are tipping the gender balance in terms of feminine ideas

tina

Platinum Member
    I think that if the goverment had to register all CD's there would one hell of a long line.

Orchid

Quote Originally Posted by AshleighDearborn View Post
    An interesting possibility and I find it compelling. Naturally not everyone uses the internet so...memberships of online groups like this are only so reliable, and everyone asssumes passing is impossible. I don't doubt that it's really REALLY hard and requires a ton of hard work but when you assume that it's impossible, you also tend to assume that no one does it, which might make you blind to the people who succeed at it....
    You're certainly a case in point Ashleigh, with respect to being in possession of a decidedly appealing, attractive, seductive even, feminine mystique. To be M2F transgendered, by my definition anyways, is to possess a nascent feminine state of being where one simply is a priori feminine, so to speak, regardless of any external situation or what clothes one might be wearing, even if these are of necessity counter to ones natural inclination per force, by the practical 'realities' of closed mindedness and intolerance by the seeming vast majority of ppl out there today, perhaps including all too many GG's who may feel threatened by us, tho not by men who are simply crossdressing for other reasons (as is their full right, no value judgment being made by me, no way, its all good).

However, M2F girls like us must be distinguished from men who do not feel nor possess this inner feminine nature within yet find value 'dressing up' as women i.e. simple male crossdressers (legitimate for them, and im not criticizing nor using the word 'simple' in any pejorative manner). My point is, if the reality is There inside you to begin with, and since one aspect of the being feminine by predisposition is by nature to tend to bring thiese qualities out in a way that is individually pleasing, by on own esthetic in addition to those displayed by Hollywood, i think eventually any M2F transgendered person will therefore become 'convincing' or 'passable' in time - or close to it. Moreover, even if not 100% 'passable', no matter. for a M2F girl will still be very appealing, personable and hot in her own way simply by discovering for herself whats best - tho as you say, it does take hard work and dedication and even lifestyle changes - all of which are in the direction of health and excellent personal hygiene.

Beyond this however, the greater importance to my way of thinking is how, whatever the outcome by way of superficial looks achieved, she nevertheless impacts the female gender and improves it by contributing her own style of feminine expression. This is important for many reasons I believe. GG women have had Incredible influence in reshaping, redefining, challenging and altering almost at will what it is to 'be a man' and have been doing so for a very long time now. Hell...many of them Are men for all intents and purposes, given today's ever narrowing of what is considered acceptable male expression. Well i say what's good for the goose is good for the gander and imo a redefinition of ideal feminine behavior is looooong overdue.

Currently, a woman can do Nothing that's considered out of character. They have free reign to express themselves in any way gender-wise, including sexually where to indulge their sexual desires with each other is completely accepted and considered hot (well...which it is i gotta admit) and they can say, do, dress, not dress, anywhere and every which way they please...unchallenged, unopposed, unaccounted for, never gossiped about, ridiculed or 'corrected' by societal norms (which are non existent for them), nor by ethical, practical, religious or any other standards. So i don't feel at ALLL weird, different, unconventional nor in any way self-judgmental or self-conscious. I don't need to construct an elaborate scheme that justifies what I am or what I do, nor do i worry too too much about 'passing' (well...i kinda do pass tho) - and - i don't find it contradictory to BE Annaliese sometimes and ***** other times, because i AM what i AM...even if by social stricture i cannot submerse totally into my feminine mind 24/7 nor be uncaring about social repercussions - something that has to change - as much as it has for GG women who are as they are do as they please w/o such backlash.

Thus...I revel in the fact however that i don't Need to be Annaliese all the time and find this not confusing nor an assault on the legitimacy of either my greater female half nor lesser male side. I'm either/or, completely, honestly, w/o justification. I'm not out to prove anything. I am who I am at the moment, either/or: equally complete, equally legitimate, equally fully immersed to the contradistinction of the other, genuinely reflecting and flowing out from an inner beingness, sometimes dominated by the guy i am, sometimes by the girl i am; never pretending, never playing, each complete in her or his own way that is unique and equally real.

Quote Originally Posted by slamddoger View Post
    that there more of us out there. the one that go out all the time got to the pont that thay blend in wree you cant tail if thay are crossdresser or not. what do you think
    If you mean more crossdressers....yes, there are more of us out there, but it's not that they blend in. My spouse and I were at the mall a few weeks ago and as we were walking along I spotted a sister and her SO. I didn't know them, but I "knew" her immediately. She was dressed nicely and most would never know...but I guess the old saying..."takes one to know one" rang true. My spouse never noticed (as most people don't), but I did. We went back trying to find them so I could show my spouse, but we couldn't find them again.
    We're out there...but it's getting to the point where people just don't care and are so wrapped up in their own world that they don't see us. We're not invisible, we just aren't noticed as much as we were 10 or 20 years ago. There is more acceptance these days.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    We're out there...but it's getting to the point where people just don't care and are so wrapped up in their own world that they don't see us. We're not invisible, we just aren't noticed as much as we were 10 or 20 years ago. There is more acceptance these days.
    Also, I think CDers are more likely now to actually dress to blend, with the help of forums such as this one, than a generation or so ago where they might have stood out with their clothing choices? I can't help but think that any CDer who is wanting to perfect a look in order to go out, and who has a look at the Gallery here or posts questions in the beauty section will learn a lot more quickly than if he needs to reinvent the wheel by himself without the benefit of sites such as this one.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Also, I think CDers are more likely now to actually dress to blend, with the help of forums such as this one, than a generation or so ago where they might have stood out with their clothing choices? I can't help but think that any CDer who is wanting to perfect a look in order to go out, and who has a look at the Gallery here or posts questions in the beauty section will learn a lot more quickly than if he needs to reinvent the wheel by himself without the benefit of sites such as this one.
    I agree with you on this! Since I joined this wonderful site seven months ago I have been called mam and her more times then in my entire life! And I'm proud to say it's because of things I have learned here!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Karen you could just give them the Crocodile Dundee test. You probably wouldn't get smacked anymore that way. Billie Jean