Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who or what are you really?

Who or what are you really?

One thing I do notice is that many here will refer to themselves as CD's, TV's, TG's. T-Girls or what ever but those are more or less "things" and with those terms certain images are conjured up by others.I use those terms as a point of reference only. Does anyone ever think of themself as simply an en femme person and relate to that? When I think of others, I think about who they are as a person and not so much as a term describing what they are. Did anyone ever stop to think that perhaps we need to change our perspective of our outlook to just be looked at as people? Just a thought.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Did anyone ever stop to think that perhaps we need to change our perspective of our outlook to just be looked at as people?
    And a very good thought. If we could just be looked at as people, that would definitly help.
    I know that is what I am just a all american red blooded male, Married, 2.5 Children, House, White picked fence. OK the fence is now gone. just so happens that I like to help the economy by buying and wearing womens clothes.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

As a famous sailor once said, "I yam what I yam"! We have all flavors here. Me, I consider myself TG.
    I think the problem isn't us looking at us as people, it's the outside world that I would like to see looking at us as just people!
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

GIAD...... Guy in a Dress!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

We compartmentalize, that is what we do, that is what we are thought to do, policeman is just that, he is not a human cause he writes bad speed tickets, fireman, well he really isn't fireman he just pours liquid on top of fire so he should be called fire-hater or else waterman, TG used in a spoken language communicates a bracket of stereotype, and that is all. I think we all get slightly vaclempt over this, it is what it ain't, of course at the end of a long day all we are is sleepy.
    Last edited by Inna; 07-22-2011 at 06:50 AM.

I consider myself TG, even when I'm in guy mode, I'm aTG. Amy is Always there. At home I do most of the traditional femal rolls, I food shop, I cook, and clean the house. Some times I kids call me mom by mistake. I love who I am.

I'm a 'crazy ex girlfriend' who knows she should of been born fab! I guess I just have to be different! But I am 'people' who who doesn't care what others call her!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I've called myself a crossdresser and a Tgurl, but you are right, I am transgendered. Just ask my wife who understands she lives with a woman who happens to look like a guy. I find this to be the best of both worlds really. I can work on the farm and equipment, hang with the guys and go into the house and after a shower and all over shave, relax as the women I am. I've always thought that being a TG gave me an advantage over most guys as I see things from a different point of view(womens) and can use this to my advantage when dealing with them. I am called on at work all the time to deal with a upset customer and I think being a TG gives me that edge in calming them down.

Hi,

In a nut shell , im a woman & is both male / female so haveing both sides tho not all of both , enough to know im in the middle some were

& can be accepted in the main by most people thats all i really need , so i can be who i am with out fear of being thrown out & not be accepted.

& when it comes down to it im just accepted as a woman. were ever i go.

...noeleena...

bobbie sue
    I am all female because I live 24/7 as a women and have for many years or should I say almost all my life my wife works and supports us very good so I am a stay at home gril HUGHS AND KISSES

Quote Originally Posted by Alexia Elliot View Post
    We compartmentalize, that is what we do,...
    ...as human beings. This is part of being sentient.

Yes, at the end of the day we're simply people so the original premise is valid but think about it, there is such a huge variety of expression within our vast community that it only makes sense to categorize.

Now it's an entirely different question as to whether describing one's self as TG, TS, CD, whatever, has any effect on personality. For some, there may be a conscious effort to channel a persona in an effort to mask the guy underneath. For others, myself included, my inner being is the same no matter how I present. This is where the "Popeye" quote comes in for me, not with describing what I am but instead, describing who I am.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    We are people who are rather complex! In trying to explain our situations to each other we try to use words and it's these words that should be thought of as roads to an insight rather than as labels. I've used a variety of these words at times to try to put across my feelings, words such as transgendered, bi-gendered, t-girl, etc. But, it does always come back to the fact that I have a guy's body, and a mind that is split between the masculine side of things and the feminine side of things. Thus, the "who" that I am stems from that fact, and that "who" is still evolving, and probably always will!

tina

I am he and you are he as you are me and we are both together.

Everyone desires to "be" something. Otherwise you are nothing. Yes, the words are a way to compartmentalize and organize. They are not set in granite as we know that even here the word means different things to different people. But when you explain who you are and you say I am "me", the person to whom you are trying to communicate won't get it. It is great for you because you have the image and definition in your head of who or what you are. Getting that out to everyone else requires a more common language.

We agree we are who we are, no more no less. If you have a bunch of existentialist friends you can alol sit around and nod and tell each other how cool that is. Explaining it to the masses...not so much
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    I think of myself as a crossdresser with a bit of transgendered mixed in
    I see myself as an enfemminate man when I am dressed for the rest of the world to see me.
    When I am dressed as Keri, I see myself as the woman that I have always wanted to be, but the world does not want.

So I see myself as myself. A FEMININE MAN that can do manly things but prefers to do more womanly things when I can.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    No games playing...I am as my tag over my picture says.......I am a girl in disguise,"I am EM".

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

If we're just people, what are we doing here? We're here because we're cd's, tv's, tg's, ts's. We have something in common that draws us here, other than being people. Unfortunately, changing our outlook probably won't change others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    GIAD...... Guy in a Dress!!
    A much better acronym than:

Just
    In
    Habits
    And
    Dresses

As my handle states, I am a crossdresser, but that falls under the larger heading of transgendered. I will never cross all the way, but once one steps off the bank of absolute maleness and onto the bridge, one is always transgendered to some extent.

I think we use the "labels" to express who we are to others. I want to be treated as I treat others, with respect and openness. That said in our spectrum there are many variations and I do not want to mislead people into thinking that I am someone who I'm not.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    At least we didn't start the polemic over who is ME

To go back to Abigail's point, for much of the time, I am just an ordinary girl trying to do my job but my voice marks me out as something else

When I come here, I am more than just an ordinary girl, I am someone who is trying to support others from my knowledge of a lifetime of not wanting to be trans and the last few years of having to admit it. Some of the time I am also someone who needs that support from others who understand what I am going through. Much as I love my cis friends, they don't have any point of reference to understand.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I have no idea what I am, honestly.. In femme mode I seem to be pretty accepted, and have had my share of admirers making a pass at me; for the most part I feel accepted.

And then there's guy mode; I dare not go shopping in guy mode, or even try to make any kind of suggestions that I might be transgendered. I don't "look the type". It is very drastic.. A guy who liked what he saw the day before, to the point of photoshopping dirty pictures of me, will see me in full guy mode and say "I can't believe I ever wanted anything to do with.... that". Ladies who seemed to accept me, to the point of giving advice on my hair and nails, see "guy-me" and run the other way.

Honestly, I have no place. I'm definitely trans and I WILL get back to living my life as a woman.... I just don't expect any help or encouragement along the way. Others might say I'm TG, but I have no clue what the hell I am.

I believe that we have such an adverse reaction to couple of letters which group and describe external factors, because of such labels negative perceived connotations.
    Such label weather CD, TG, TS carries a negative meaning to those who do not understand. For instance no one has any problem with PHD, in fact everyone wouldn't mind to have it follow their professional stature but does it truly change the person inside? I honestly don't think so!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What about MD, should every doctor freak out and go to medical forums and cry about someone calling him MD, because he is not MD he is Jeff the guy who likes to Frisbee with his dog and stuff.

So get a grip you CDs, TSs we are all who we are but belong to the vast group called Transgender, or WHAT EVER YOU WANNA CALL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Everyone desires to "be" something. Otherwise you are nothing.
    ( assuming that was humor, my humor response ) You cannot NOT be, grasshopper.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Okay, I'm a little less upset now; being serious this time, I'm a TG person who made the mistake of beginning transition before the finances were there to allow me to continue... Like, my best friend, brother, and other people who were very close to me before are still by my side, but every time I try to make the types of friends I had before, I just really don't fit in anymore. almost feels like guy mode is kinda blocked off to me now.

How common is this in the TG community?

I'm a guy who likes wearing girls clothing. I'm not so sure any of the labels work, although "crossdresser" seems to fit the best, because I wear womens clothing 24/7, and have for ten years. I don't try to pass, and am not all that interested in being part of a "community", unless it is an online one such as this, where I can set my own limits on how far it goes, along with where and when it stops.

I'm always a guy, but like to push my femme side as far as I safely can, without having to publicly acknowledge it to family or friends. I suppose some of them may have suspicions of their own by now, but I'm fine with DADT, because that keeps me from having to explain to others what I haven't been able to fully explain to myself. I'm cool with all that, too. If I figure it all out before I die, that's great. If I never do, I'm sure I'll have fun trying, because I truly feel comfortable in ladies clothing and enjoy it. I know I can die confused and happy, without ever batting an eye over how and why.

On other levels, I'm the woman in my own life, because I can dress, think and act like I'd want the woman in my life to behave. But on most levels I'm perfectly content with meeting and dating other women, which I do in ladies clothing without mentioning it. I have one very close GG friend who knows, and if a date ever asks or discovers anything, I'd be perfectly content with sharing as long as she seemed able to keep a secret.

People are like snowflakes, no two are the same, and stereotyping only leads to misjudgment. We are who we are, and there are many people who in some way want to be different than how they were born
    Last edited by girlygirly; 07-23-2011 at 01:28 AM.