Thread: Going out in public for the first time tomorrow.

Going out in public for the first time tomorrow.

Going out in public for the first time tomorrow and the wife is coming also. We are going to the River City Gems Hawaiian Luau Party i am so nervous but i know it's going to be fun. I have never been around people dressed before and the only person in my life knows is my wife besides all of you but thats different. So wish me luck i think i'm going to need it and i;m really shy also

I think i need a know.

You will be fine after about 3 minutes. The gurls there all understand. And with a little luck, the wives in attendance will be extra nice to you, also. You will forget what you look like, and will be just standing around while men in dresses talk about motorcycles. Be sure to get in line quick when they bring the food out.

You go girl and have fun! And have a for me too! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Hold your head up and be the person that you are Hon. Smile and enjoy how free it feels to finally be out in the wonderful world.

Dani

You are going to have a wonderful time and kudos to your wife for being so understanding.

YES!!! to all the previous posts & you will know at least one person there. . . Me!

I am a relatively new Gem and will be working a shift as a greeter, passing out leis!

My first time out in my life was to a Gems event! I posted about it here. The women there, CD, GG, TS, whatever, will make you feel completely at home. They are some of the nicest people I know.

I have been to a number of their events and have even marched in the Trans March in SF this year, but I am still a little nervous myself. If you want some last minute support, PM me and I'll send you my phone number. (I'll be out tonight though.)

Really though, you have nothing to worry about with this group!

Hope to see you tomorrow!

Debby

Now you kinda know two of us from this site that will be going tomorrow. I will arrive sometimes around 3 pm with my friend Kelli. I am looking forward to meeting you and your wife, as well as, Deb. The hardest part will be getting out of your car and walking up to the house. After that you will forget your fears and enjoy the moment. You will meet a lot of wonderful people and a lot of their SO's too.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Now you kinda know two of us from this site that will be going tomorrow. I will arrive sometimes around 3 pm with my friend Kelli. I am looking forward to meeting you and your wife, as well as, Deb. The hardest part will be getting out of your car and walking up to the house. After that you will forget your fears and enjoy the moment. You will meet a lot of wonderful people and a lot of their SO's too.
    Uhhh, YAY!!!! Can't wait to meet you both!

Deb

This movie quote comes to mind with that title: "we got trouble, right here in River City..."

Luck with that is totally unnecessary. A duck shouldn't fear a pool of water with other ducks.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

YES! Good for you!

I still remember my first time and though I was so nervous I was quite convinced I was going to give birth to a cow at the time it turned out quite good and led to fulfilling my desire to be out and about more often being whom I feel I am! I can only hope you find the same level of satisfaction and enjoyment! So cool that your wife is involved!

Hugs,
    Dana
    [SIZE="3"]Dana Rachael Stevens

The person I have always wanted to be, is within me!
    [/SIZE]

You'll be surprised by how quickly you relax, and start to enjoy yourself! Good Luck!!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"