Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Out to my family

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT View Post
    And if your dad wants to pay for therapy to change you, tell him not to waste his money.
    Better yet, pick your gender therapist of choice, and send him the bill!
    Life is simple math: Expectations - Realisations = Disappointments.
    Tell ya what... I won't be too easily annoying, if you won't be too easily annoyed!
    Blogging | Twitter | Google+ |
    Acceptance comes in asking yourself the questions... and not caring what the answers are.

Gold Member
    well cool your mom is still accepting.
    Soinds like your brother is a liar if he tried to tur you and your mom against each other.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

A lot of the posts refer to the hope that with time your family will accept your TG lifestyle. I think it is beneficial to add a little more precise definition here. The various members of your family might tolerate your actions and decisions, but never accept them. That means they will still allow you to interact in family situations that have nothing to do with your TG activites. Some of course won't even tolerate your situation, like your brother.
    Acceptance is a rare situation. That would be like a sister or mother showing a geniune interest in your TG activities, and they might show it by asking to meet other TG friends or going shopping. A lot of people grow to tolerate us, very few really accept us.
    Karen Francis

I told my sister many years ago and also my best friend. My partner and her 12 year daughter also know about me. So I thought it was time to tell my parents, so I sent them an email (as we are not on talking terms at the moment)and I haven't heard anything yet. so is this the calm before the storm who knows! I will keep you posted

Jenni
    x