Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer Tans - do they work for or against you?

Summer Tans - do they work for or against you?

I was wondering how others feel about summer tans. I try to keep covered in en drab so I don't get a farmer tan, and covered when en femme so I don't get shoulder strap tans (hard to explain). Yet some members here use femme tan lines to be more convincing. How do you avoid or use a sun tan to your advantage?

I love the sun and always have a decent tan. I just tan all over and work to prevent golfer's tan by laying out in the sun to tan the normally covered areas and to even out everything. I do not wear female tops in the sun. However, I do wear a woman's swimsuit bikini bottom and have a great tan and tan lines there and I will be the only one to see those lines. It seems to work well for me.

I avoid the Sun like the plague, I'm doing laser ATM, and if I go out in the sun I make use to have SPF 60, if I forget then I have to wait 6 weeks to hit the area from what I understand.

My tan lines definitely hurt me. I have the classic golfers tan. I get pretty dark this time of year. It looks pretty funny when I'm wearing a short skirt and heels showing of my insanely white feet and hamstrings.

I like an all over tan to be honest.. Im a tad pale and sun helps fade my body hair with lemon juice.. If anything I like a thong line and not a boyshort tan.

Yep, I avoid the sun like a plague too. Frankly, my office at work is terribly cold so I always wear long sleeve shirts, even in the summer. On the weekends, I try to avoid going out but, if I must, I use SPF 50+. I don't like the farmer tan lines. That being said, I do have a coupon for "free" tanning/spray sessions. I've toying with the idea of doing something that produces more femme tan lines....but I might wait until late in the summer in case I need to adjust/correct anything that results from my forgetting to use sun blocker.

In any case, it's really been beastly hot around here and I have a really low tolerance to heat. And besides the heat, there are the mosquitoes. For both reasons, I really end up staying more in the house and, therefore, out of the sun.
    -stephani

I am heavily affected by the weather. I love sunshine. It energizes me. I could never survive living in a cloudy or rainy climate. But both are ok in moderation...like about 15 minutes, lol. I have spent my entire adult life living in sunny climates...Florida, Texas, Arizona,Colorado.

I know, I know...sun causes skin cancer.

Out of curiosity, I started sunbathing on my sundeck wearing a swim suit top. The goal was to enhance the appearance of having breasts. It worked well, so I have added that activity to the list of my current fascinations...like breast pumping, lol.

I think a tanned body is fine as long as your entire body has somewhat of a uniform color. People who have the dark, dark tans that look like they approach tanning like a career or the "farmers" tan is not attractive to me. But anything that makes breasts appear to jump out at you works for me...

The only drawback is that I can't go out in the backyard without wearing a shirt now...

Last edited by eluuzion; 07-23-2011 at 07:42 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    Like Eluuzion, I love the sun. I avoid a "farmer's tan" by wearing sleeveless shirts; it's worked well this year, driving around with my Miata's top down -- I spend at least 90 minutes a day driving back/forth to work, no A/C so might as well have the top down despite the nasty highs we've been having here in MN.

The only problem is ... if I'm gonna dress enfemme, I gotta do a really good job of hair removal from my back and shoulders. Dark hair is quite unbecoming on a girl's back, so I've heard.

I do use sunscreen, at least a 50SPF with Zinc Oxide in it.
    Last edited by Debb; 07-23-2011 at 07:46 AM. Reason: added sunscreen stuff

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Like Allie, I lay out in the sun with a bikini bottom to get my legs fully tanned. I know too much sun is not good, but having a nice tan in summer allows me not to have to wear pantyhose, etc.
    Rachael

Fortunely I live at a place with a fenced back yard and no really close neighbors that I can get a over-all tan each year. I have to have a certain amout of sun each day or I become a bit_h. LOL Use a tanning spa in the winter each week.
    The only thing I have to becareful of is low flying spray planes as I am on the final approch to the airport. Anymore I just turn over on my tummy and the pilots maybe think that they have seen something fem with my bikni top and bottom on the next chair??
    Have a good summer.

Tanning beds...all year long. This year a bikini bottom tan line.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I can get a killer tan and Love the sun but have to avoid it by medical reasons, I wear long sleeves even on hot summer days.I am still trying to find a natural sunnless taner that work for my complexion.

Remember there's nothing healthy about skin cancer.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

I live in the sun. Play in the sun and for most of my life worked in the sun. I'm tan year round and all over. Works for me.

I've tried to get a full upper body tan this year, it ended up just being a farmer's tan again. I just can't get away from it and no matter what I do my legs stay white as a bed sheet

i love a good girly tan and have worked on it hard this year.. i wear sleeveless shirts or no shirt when i am out working in the yard.. and have been laying out in the back yard in a pair of bikini panties with string sides that have given me a nice girly bottom tan.. dark all over.. so nice... love looking down at my smooth body and legs with white panties, dark legs, and bright red toenails.

Yes i know sun is not good, but at 57 i have already done most of what damage i can do when i was younger was a water skier and got bad burns several times... and always go a lot of sun in the summer.

I have what I would consider a very sexy thong tan line. The tan follows the curves of my behind. I try to tan 2-3 days a week for an hour a day in my back yard. I'm at the beach almost every other weekend so I'm always in board shorts. I used a high SPF on my waist to avoid board short tan lines and am constantly adjusting the legs to get an even tan.

I love it, it makes me feel sexy and feminine!
    Don't be a drag, just be a queen

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    This year, because I've always wanted to do it, I got some fem tan lines.

http://hellotaxi.websitetoolbox.com/file?id=1167214
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

cubanmisfit
    i agree thong or nothing. i also think it depends on your skin type

Gold Member
    Prior to this year, I had worked outside for 6 years straight. That farmer's tan is a bear to get rid of. And now I am doing laser, so it carries over to next year or the year after automatically.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb Weller View Post
    Like Eluuzion, I love the sun. I avoid a "farmer's tan" by wearing sleeveless shirts; it's worked well this year, driving around with my Miata's top down -- I spend at least 90 minutes a day driving back/forth to work, no A/C so might as well have the top down despite the nasty highs we've been having here in MN.

The only problem is ... if I'm gonna dress enfemme, I gotta do a really good job of hair removal from my back and shoulders. Dark hair is quite unbecoming on a girl's back, so I've heard.

I do use sunscreen, at least a 50SPF with Zinc Oxide in it.
    I'll second that about the hairy back.
    Also, I remember reading something recently about zinc that wasn't good news. you might want to check. From Australia" The TGA previously carried out two reviews and concluded there was evidence zinc oxide and titanium could damage cells though it was questionable whether nanoparticles could penetrate the body's outer "dead" layer of skin. "
    Current thoughts from the medical establishment is that one needs only about 20 minutes a day for the body to produce the vitamin D it needs, but there are now capsules that negate the need to bask-lizard like--in the sun.

Busker, AKA the GORILLA MY DREAMS

Got really cute bikini tan lines going, top and bottom. I love, love, love seeing my breasts with pure girl tan lines. Feeling very pink-foggish at the moment. Dosed on progesterone, boobs coming in nicely, painted toes and fingernails, just got back from a stylist who did my hair in a soft style, and had my eyebrows shaped for the first time. I used to tan in the bikini in my back yard, even with neighbors able to see me, but now I'm just doing the fake n bake every couple weeks or so.

Rachel

My family tree is composed entirely of Welsh, Irish and Scottish blood lines, in other words Fish Belly White Skin Is My Genetic Fate. I cannot tan, so I have to be ultra careful lest I I just burn to a bright, cherry red, which fades to a brick red, which turns to a peel, which if I let it happen too often turns to skin cancer. I use a bronzer, but it makes my skin yellowish if I use it too often, so it's more of a psychological aid than an actual tanning tool. I am soooo jealous of you girls who can get a good tan.

Well, I can give you one "consequence" of getting a sun-tan. But, I don't know if it's a Plus or a Minus.

Every year when I go through this in The Summer, I have to fiddle around and adjust my Foundation and Powder. Seems The Darker my face gets, the more I have to lighten The Makeup.

Now, having a healthy-looking tan might "trump" all The hassle of adjusting The Makeup, but it is a very big pain in The Derrière!

Peace and Love, Joanie

I use sunblock religiously, which results in an all over even skin tone, from arms, to legs, to back, to decolletage, to facial skin, free of aging or sun spots, moles, etc. I can wear any style top: tube, halter, spaghetti strap, and there are no jarring tan lines to ruin the look. The sun block doesn't block the sun out entirely (or rather I put it on when I go out, but I don't keep reapplying it during the day unless I am spending a considerable amount of time outdoors), and my color is rosy. Healthy looking but not like leather.

My SO didn't wear sunblock for years and because of this, there is a visible difference in how her skin has aged on her lower arms compared to her upper arms that were covered by sleeves.

So ... if you want to look great when you're 50, wear sunblock now, especially on your face, neck, arms, and upper chest.
    Reine