Thread: How many CD's dress enfemme for public appearances, but present as a male?

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

How many CD's dress enfemme for public appearances, but present as a male?

Many of you who read my posts know that my dear wife died 6 years ago. She was the one who really made it possible for me to pass as Stephanie! Her makeup artistry and her work with my wig were works of art. When she died, I thought my other life as Stephanie was over. I am terrible with both makeup and a wig, so was ready to give up. A friend suggested I dress enfemme, but go out looking like the man that I am! I did, and nothing happened!! No rude comments, or even stares!!

I have been doing that now for most of the 6 years since she passed away! And I go everywhere dressed that way, except of course to work. I am an Insurance agent who deals primarily with senior citizens, and so I have to wear drab outwear. Of course my underwear is always feminine!!

I am curious as to how many other CD's habitually dress enfemme, but present as the males they actually are. I know there are some on this forum, because they have mentioned it! Being a widower, I do go out to eat often, usually by myself. Almost always I dressed completely enfemme, in a skirt with a nice top or a dress! I do get compliments on my outfits, but still have not had one single negative comment made to me!

So how many of you CD's do go out in public as I do??
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I don't do it, but That is exactly how I would like it to be for me. I do not think that I will ever be able to pass as a female but I thi k I can look really well as a man dressed with some female clothing. I would love to be able to use or not use heels, skirts, PH, etc just depending on how I feel.
    Congratulations! I hope to be able or courageous enough to do that one day.

I want to blend in and be taken (at least casually) as a woman.

To me, an obvious gender blend would be embarrassing in public. I don't want to shock, surprise, or disturb the universe. I've known some CD's who do like to be "in your face" about it, but that's not my thing.

Also, for me it's not about the clothes, per se, for me it's about presenting as a woman. Clothes are just 30% of what it takes to blend in, in my opinion. Many here just want to wear the clothes, if so, more power to you.

Makeup is a learned skill, and so is maintaining a wig or two. If it was important for you to full-on pass (or at least make a good stab at it), you would have learned those skills, I suspect.

That is exactly how I would like to go out in teh world, But I will never have the courage to do it. I am glad it is working out well for you.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I uaually do dress all the way, but in this hot weather I am seriously considering it for church this Sunday

Silver Member
    I don't, but I would if I could get away with it. I would also dress far more often if I didn't have to wear a wig and makeup in the heat.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    My thanks to those of you who have responded. In all my years as a CD (over 60) I have never wanted to "be" a lady!! I like to dress like one, but that is as far it goes. And having a wife who was an expert with cosmetics for almost 50 years made it totally unnecessary for me to learn how to properly apply makeup!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Oh you are so lucky. I do wear "fem" clothing daily, and present as male. But those items are limited to leggings, spandex jeans, or catsuits. With varying styles of upper wear (shirts, sweaters, ect) I would love to start wearing skirts in male mode too. Though I would like my natural hair longer than I am currently permitted to. But when I wear those I am in an androgynous look, or a fully fem look.

Oddly enough, my behavior for the most part is about the same, if a bit more refined when full fem.

As I have said though, I may never have gotten into full fem, if as a male I was "allowed" to present how I wished with no threat to my livelihood (which may be all in my head)
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

I wear skirts most of the time, aside from work or when I think it would cause problems for my children. In cooler weather (i.e., not now!) I often wear tights, and when I'm going to a dance, I often add petticoats. Styles vary from dull (e.g., denim) to bright colors and lace and frills. The folks in my town have more or less gotten used to it. Tops are mostly men's shirts, because I haven't found any more "feminine" appearing tops that fit well. Can't stand make-up, and high heels would finish off my already damaged feet, even if I wanted to wear them.

My presentation is male, mostly because there's nothing I can do (except maybe very major surgery) that would make me look in the least bit like a woman -- beard, pot belly, broad shoulders, thinning hair, receding hairline, etc. Oh, well, I couldn't pass for a sea lion, either.

Whether this should be called crossdressing I leave up to you.

(Sorry for the late reply, I've been away for 2 weeks.)