Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why must my hobby be associated with TECHNO music? Blech!

Thumbs down Why must my hobby be associated with TECHNO music? Blech!

There is nothing worse than watching youtube vids to get makeup tips and having that awful soundtrack.

What a terrible stereotype!

We're all trans here. What do you think? Do you find the beat irresistible, or do you loathe it as I do?
    [SIZE="2"]Being trans is so freaking awesome, it astounds me that anyone would want to choose to be only one gender. [/SIZE]

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    I hate to admit it, I kind of like the beat, but it cetainly doesn't put me in a womanly mood. I am a 70s and 80s gal. Nothing says dressing up in my mind more than ABBA playing in the background.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I love house and trance, I always have
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I got dance playing in the background now ... plus hard rock and hip hop. Whoever made the video must really get into the mood with trance, to everyone their own right? That's why we are all here, right?

I love rave music btw :P Great to dance to, especially in high heels!

Banned Read only
    I'm very much into dance music. Disco as it was called in the 70,80's right up to today's dance and trance. Depends what mood I'm in as to what I listen to. I have to admit techno is pushing it to the limit. But if I'm in the mood then I can do techno

Chewies sister-moulted!
    For me trance is ok ....... but the real deal is psy trance which I dj ..............
    To me this form of music is almost a religion . I'll add a link for those wishing to hear a taster.....

http://youtu.be/Pb-RLmkoQu0

I agree with you about techno music, but I don't think it applies to all of us. For the record I'm a hard rock girl.

I cant watch youtube for make up..- not that I havent- I like a good old magazine (or new magazine)., then I can rip the page out and tape it to the mirror. but I dont use much eye shadowing: only foundations eyeliner, blush, lip color.. but I still like to experiment if I find a color I might like..

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I always play music when Im getting dressed,can be anything really from R & B to 70s Punk/2tone.Anything but Country and Western,that's certainly not Cding mood music,be slashing my wrists if had to listen to that stuff

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

The FW side of DFW, TX, but New Orleans is my adopted home town
    Well, I have not encountered it as such, but it sounds like a horrible thing. I would add that I must be incredibly sheltered as it comes to this stuff because I have never heard the terms "house" or "trance" prior to this thread.

Not to digress too much, but I will say I was looking at the website for a certain "festival" and all the featured "acts" were DJs. When did DJs reach that level of being considered an artist? I was further taken aghast when I saw that the DJs would be selling their "albums." Hmmm? Isn't that other people's music?

Oh well, there does seem to be an awful lot of techno music on YouTube overall. Usually just makes me hit the BACK button & search for something different. Can't imagine trying to put on makeup to it.
    Torrey

"Never laugh, and you will live to regret it.
    That's what living is to me..." - Jimmy Buffett

https://www.facebook.com/torrey.stephens

Good music is good music, there are boring concertos, and the wild ones, ridiculous rock and awe inspiring tunes, and so goes for techno, for most it is the same beet hanging up in non rhythmic gibberish and then are those tunes that take your breath away, shake your tush babe, it will keep you young!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love most electronic music, and have for the majority of my life, ever since hearing the Beverly Hills Cop theme when I was a kid; really, I love all music. Every piece of music has something to express; different sounds for different moods. Bonfire with a bunch of rednecks? Metallica, Disturbed, etc. Hangin' with drag queens? ABBA, Elements (whatever their name was; Earth, Wind and Fire or something?) etc, etc..

So I really don't notice techno soundtracks like you mentioned unless it's really, really bad.

8rys, going on walkabout
    There are so many types of electronic music out there, please don't write them all off as techno. I listen to alot of trance and psy trance. I like some house, industrial EBM and liquid drum. But no matter how much I try to keep an open mind, I cannot stand dubstep something about the 142 bpm grates my nerves.

Chewies sister-moulted!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloe Renee View Post
    There are so many types of electronic music out there, please don't write them all off as techno. I listen to alot of trance and psy trance. I like some house, industrial EBM and liquid drum. But no matter how much I try to keep an open mind, I cannot stand dubstep something about the 142 bpm grates my nerves.
    Thank goodness - someone else regards Dubstep the same as I do . How on earth can people dance to it .....? Oh well horses for courses I suppose .

Dubstep is truly having a seizure music .. I like some electronica.. But that dubstep is annoyingly lame..

Banned Read only
    I agree, I hate that techno music as well.Just not my style. It is so annoying when looking at any or most youtube vids. I can be watching, whales, or big ships at sea, helicoptor crashes, or almost anyhing else, and the uploader of the video adds that horrible annoying music on the video's. I look down and read the posters comments, and a lot of them will say good vid but why the crappy sappy music?. Personally, I like to listen to Chrisy Hyde of the pretenders or Bonnie Rait when I'm getting ready and sing and dance to her and others like her after I become Tara.

Dance music in general is not my cup of tea at all (monotony! ear-mauling bass!). But if I may make a suggestion, how about for the next week when doing our make-up we all make sure to play some Amy Winehouse in her memory?

Not a techno fan. When I'm dressed and I'm listening to music I normally put on some jazz. From Louis Armstrong to Mary Lou Williams
    -Audrey

Quote Originally Posted by Audrey34 View Post
    Not a techno fan. When I'm dressed and I'm listening to music I normally put on some jazz. From Louis Armstrong to Mary Lou Williams
    -Audrey
    At least I agree with one other person here.

-------

I did kind of mean all electronic music when I wrote "techno." I'm guessing "house," "dance," and "trance" are the same thing: drum machines and R2D2. I guess the TG gene and the bad music gene go hand in hand for most (IMO, but I'm pushing 40 so pop culture has left me behind). Thank goodness I avoided that one. Jazz standards, folk, classic R&B: that's more my style.
    [SIZE="2"]Being trans is so freaking awesome, it astounds me that anyone would want to choose to be only one gender. [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by wino_tg_girl View Post
    There is nothing worse than watching youtube vids to get makeup tips and having that awful soundtrack.

What a terrible stereotype!

We're all trans here. What do you think? Do you find the beat irresistible, or do you loathe it as I do?
    I'm not usually fond of techno but a very small amount of it I like. I'm more of a rocker than a......whatever techno listeners are called. Put me down for more Pantera, Slayer, Manson, and many other good rock/rap groups.

~On the road to Erin~ ZosKiaCultusC7's Avatar
    Even though I'm classified as a Metalhead, I actually dig some Techno, especially Vocal Trance. However, I have to be in the mood for it.

I'm well past 40, and I enjoy electronic music ( among many other types ). But like other genres, some is good, some is crap.
    Someone asked about DJ's doing albums- most of those are doing remixes ( different versions of the music ), they're not just spinning records ( those were like giant cd's made out of usually black plastic, kids ).
    Last edited by Fab Karen; 07-27-2011 at 07:18 AM.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

The FW side of DFW, TX, but New Orleans is my adopted home town
    they're not just spinning records ( those were like giant cd's made out of usually black plastic, kids ).
    Oh, that made me giggle! These kiddos think vinyl is for catsuits, not music!

What great choices like Satchmo & Chrissy Hynde. I think everyone can tell by my signature line what my choice is. Having said that, there seems to be a huge chasm between synthesizer music of the 80s (like the BHC theme) and techno...from what I can tell. Either way, I prefer to put my make up on to island sounds

Hugs,
    Torrey
    Torrey

"Never laugh, and you will live to regret it.
    That's what living is to me..." - Jimmy Buffett

https://www.facebook.com/torrey.stephens

I think it's even worse because we have to listen to This Crap about 99% of The Time, when we are out at An LGBT Club. Destroying your hearing, blowing out your head, with really atrocious, pretentious, redundant, and trivial music is guaranteed to make you flee in about one hour. And, maybe that's The Idea..."Turnover" don't ya' know.

I really long for A Club that is aimed at "Adults," and not just twenty-somethings. But, I guess it will always be so; they get drunk, and buy a lots of Booze. Manager's of Clubs sort of like that!

Peace and Love, Joanie

I like dubstep! There's a lot of variation on the bpm, some is closer to dnb, some is more housey. You've just gotta skank.

But really, trance is just god awful. So formulaic and contrived.

Re: DJ artist albums, most DJs actually make their own music. A DJ set will be a lot of their own stuff, some other stuff.