Thread: Never in a million years

Never in a million years

Never in a million years did I think I would have the experience I had yesterday.

I came out to my mother last week and she has been very accepting. It has been incredible to have girl conversations with my mother, discussing hair and makeup and outfits. Yesterday I was helping her clean the carpets in the house and my suitcases were stilled packed and in the floor. She told me to go ahead and put all of my clothes in the dressers so we could clean the floors in the bedroom. My mother has had the dressers in the room I am staying since I was born and she used them up until about 5 years ago for her clothing. The first articles of feminine clothing I had ever worn had been pulled out of those dressers many years ago. I brought 5 female outfits and undergarments with me and I was putting them in the drawers when it hit me – I am now putting my female clothing into the same drawers that I wore my first female clothing. I know it may sound corny but there was just something so special about that moment, like the closing of a circle that made me feel so incredible and happy.

My mother asked me why I had tears in my eyes but I did not tell her the reason (I am still concerned with pushing too far too fast) but it was just a very special moment that I never thought I would experience.

Danielle
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

It doesn't sound corny at all, I bet every girl on this site would love to have a mother/daughter relationship wiht their mom. I know I would!

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Sounds girly to me dear! Very glad for you!!!

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

You made me cry.............. I know the feeling and as proper girls do I have spilled countless tears, happy tears of joy after being accepted. Life has just begun, and what a life it shall be!

Good to hear your mom accepts you that is great . I was coaught once my mom flipped . WIsh my mom was understanding as yours is

I know the feeling. The moment my mom said, "It's all right. I will love you and accept you no matter what." I started tearing up. Then I laughed when she added "Just be sure to give me grandkids."

My aunt is really accepting, too. She treats me as though I am one of her daughters. She has taken me shopping, given me makeup tips, handed down beautiful clothing to me, and I love her dearly.
    "Move along people, there's nothing to see here."

Confratulations!!!, its hard to do what you did, I am ver happy that everything went so great with your mother, 3 weeks ago I was close to open to mine, but I didn't, after reading your story I think I will open to her next time I see her, maybe later this year.
    I feel so happy for you =o).

Way cool, Danni! Reading put a tear in my eye too!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Heh, your mum sound wonderfully accepting.

I'll probably end up telling mine when I get a little more open with it...

aww that's cute!

Maybe you will have to let your mom borrow one of your outfits to make up for you wearing hers :P

Quote Originally Posted by Danni Renee View Post
    ... She told me to go ahead and put all of my clothes in the dressers ... The first articles of feminine clothing I had ever worn had been pulled out of those dressers many years ago. ... I am now putting my female clothing into the same drawers... , like the closing of a circle that made me feel so incredible and happy.
    .... it was just a very special moment that I never thought I would experience.
    Danielle
    I can only iimagine the feeling of "contentment" when you felt "the circle" come full around.

I keep saying the world is round for a reason. Pick any path and follow it. Traveling far enough and long enough will get you back to where you began. Some make that journey quicker than others, BUT "IT" always comes back.

Years from now, you'll realize, that particular moment, in that room, doing those actions will become almost a "defining" moment in your life.

At 66 I can look back and see "points" that marked "changes" for me. THIS is one of those for you. Cherish that memory
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Being accepted by your mother is one of the best things that can happen to us.
    I told my mother years ago.
    What I like is when she calls and asks me if I want to go shopping with her.
    We have shopped together on a couple of occasions.
    I am so glad to have had the opportunity to spend time with her.
    She isn't getting any younger.(80 on her next birthday.)
    It is great to hold up a dress and get her opinion.

wow, I had tears in my eyes. That was really touching and I know that moment meant a lot for you.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

It doesn't sound corny at all, girlfriend! Life does somehow always manage to come "full circle." I can only imagine the feelings that you had experienced at that moment.

Danielle! I have always enjoyed reading your post! But this is by far the bestest, coolest, SWEETEST thing yet! Thank you for brightening my day! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Your story reminded me of a time back while I was still on active duty. I had just found out my first wife was not coming over from Germany and wanted a divorce. I took "emergency" leave and loaded up some stuff in the car and drove from Montgomery Alabama to Killeen Texas to spend time with my family. When I got to their house mom took my bag and led me to the room I was going to be staying in. Everyone was following us, but mom was in the lead and I was right behind her. I watch as she took my bag and quickly put it on the pillow on the bed. I caught a glimpse of something silky on the pillow as she put it down. Shortly after that dad had to go to work so mom said for me to go ahead and change. She had laid out one of my favorite nighties and a pair of panties and bra of hers for me to wear. She said to me, "I know what my son my daughter needs". It was truly a defining moment of her acceptance of me and my lifestyle.
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.