Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emergency Admission Post Erectile Device :-(

Emergency Admission Post Erectile Device :-(

Hi my friends well my worse fears were realised on Tuesday when I came for my post op check at Harley Street. The swelling in my pubic area which I hoped wasnt a haematoma turned out to be exactly that and it had pushed the implant out of pisition and so it was pocking although not through the skin very close to the surface. Not good as this could cause erosion and scaring to my willy :-( So I was admitted as an emergency to St John & Elizabeths in London.

Mr Ralph was extremely thourough and decided to take the implant out fir safety reasons. So I have to wait now for everything to heal and then they will try again. I knew before this was a risky procedure with a high infection rate but I was still dissappointed as the implant made me feel great about my penis lol but safety first.... Felix :-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

how long is the healing process?

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    I am sorry to hear that Felix. That has to suck and hurt at the same time. Man it seems like you have not had a easy time with your SRS surgeries. Hope next time it heals right for you. Take care.

Felix
    The road is long and arduous with many twists and turns.
    Stay positive, things have a way of working out.
    My thoughts are with you.
    PJ

Philippa Jane

I'm so sorry Felix.
    I hope you aren't in any pain and heal quickly.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

Sorry to hear about the step backwards. Keep your chin up and we'll shoot for better results next time!

Eryn
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

That is not the news and results that you had wanted. However, time will tell and removing the original insert was probably the best idea so as to give the rest a good chance to heal properly. Patience is now needed, which you have demonstrated that you have so many times before. I wish you the best.

Aspiring Member
    Im sorry felix. I hope it goes well during the next healing process. Ive been rooting for you on the sidelines ever since reading your posts.

Heal Quickly,
    -Donni-

That sucks Felix I really hope it'll heal soon so you can try again!

Best wishes on a quick and full healing.

Aw, Felix. Sorry to hear that. Feel better soon.

I'm sorry Felix. I hope you heal quickly so they can try again.
    Reine

Just THINKING about it makes me wince. It sounds like you are gonna be have to be bored for a little while until things heal up a bit.

Hope you get better soon
    Peace, Love, and Lip Gloss

This is simply a temporary setback for you Felix. Chin up Luv and better days will come to you I'm sure.

Best wishes and quick healing
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Aspiring Member
    Sending good healing vibes your way, Felix.

Sorry for your troubles Felix, I hope you are feeling better again soon.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I'm sorry Felix, that must be so frustratring!

What a nuisance, eh? Get better soon, Felix.

Hi, Felix ,

Hopeing your healing is good , some of us do have things go wrong at times & with any surgerys , take heart & dont let it get you down , be thinking about you ,

Hugs ,

...noeleena...

Damn Felix, sorry to hear about your issue. Hope all goes well from now on.
    SHUT UP AT LEAST THE BUNNIES ARE ON FIRE!!!

Thanx my friends for all your support and encouragement I value it highly:-)
    The recovery from this op is supposed to be four weeks if everything goes well no infections and if the device stays in the right place. Im waiting to hear from the consultant to see when he wants me back he did suggest two weeks but we'll see. I'll keep ya updated :-) ....Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    Hope you are feeling better now it has a been a few days since you posted. I have a question. if you would like to answer it in the Club House you can but in your opinion looking back on what you have been through over the last nine month has it been worth it? I ask because I have been following your posts and read what you have accomplished and well has it been worth it? I am still trying to figure out how far I want to go with my own journey. I do live full time as a man but I have not taken hormones yet or have had surgery. I would like to try hormones but I am so close to the change. I have read a lot that if you do you should have a complete hysto because it can increase your chances of cancer in the female bit's. I want to be smart about my decisions and I do not want to regret any thing I do. When I say regret I mean make a choice that could kill mean in the future,
    Any advice you are senior trail blazer here now you know. Well you and Daniel any any ways.

Hya I can understand your concerns fully as its a huge decision to go all the way and have genital reconstruction its not one to be taken lightly IMHO. The only regret I have is that I didnt do this when I was younger but then it just wasnt an option for me at the time for many reasons. As for doing it now no I dont have any regrets about having the surgery :-)

Before T I wouldnt of dreamt Id be where I am now I thought Id get top surgery and if I could maybe metoidaplasty but never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be getting full genital reconstruction to the point of being fully functional. Yes I cant produce sperm but Im as near as I can get to being fully functional as male and at 45 Im happy with that and so is my partner.

The scar on my arm the graft is healing well and if one cant handle the thought of that then radial fore arm phallo really isnt for you. My graft scar will blend in over time and it is doing well after 11 months to be honest. Patience with it is the key. There are options like once healed getting a tattoo over it but Im not fussed I dont think. You can also have the graft from ya stomach or side or leg but the most successful in terms of results full sensation and stuff is what Ive had RFP.

I am tired a lot but thats because Ive had ten surgeries since January 2010 having had my chest surgeries in between my lower surgeries. I chose to do it this way because of work and I just wanted to get it all done as quickly as possible so I could get on with my life as it should always have been :-) Ive had to get fit to do it this way as I would no way have coped if I hadnt.

As for risks with hormones yes there is potentially an increased risk of cancer when taking T in the womb ovaries and cervix but my endo said their really hasnt been enough research done on trans men throughout the transition process and beyond to substanciate claims. She was more concerned about how T if not strictly monitored affects the other organs like the heart and the liver. If correctly monitored it shouldnt be a major problem.

Ive never been happier in my life to be honest coz ive done the right thing for ME and thats the important thing this is a very personal choice and a very personal journey and the decisions ya make around this have to be your choices and no one elses because its your body and mind and at the end of the day theres only one person who knows you and what you need and thats you. A Psych can diagnose us so we can move forward but at the end of the day its only us who know if we are transsexual and ultmately if we need medical intervention hormones and surgeries to make us happy and content and feeling like our body is in line with our brain and therefore a comlete and balanced human being. Hope this has helped. Anything else mate just ask away thats what Im here for :-) .....Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!