Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I should have did it.

I should have did it.

I don't know why i didn't do it but i know wished i would have. About five year ago we were waiting for our house to be built and we were living with my in laws. They are really down to earth people and love to have fun. It was halloween and we all dressed up, and you know what i dressed as. My wife and mother in law were throwing me cloths to try on and mother in law decided that i should be a hooker. When i was trying on the cloths my wife told me you must be loving this and got my heels and told me to put them on and she would tell her mother that i had the heels because i dressed as a girl a few years ago for another halloween party. My mother in law could not believe the amazing legs i had and gave me a skirt that was long down to my ankle's. I put in on and came out of the room she told me to walk over to her, she cut a slit from my ankle all the way up to my waist. She then gave me a new pair of stockings and a garter belt and both of them did my make up and finish dressing me. We then went around to our friends house's and having a laugh as we were all dressed up. We went to my sister in laws house and she had all her family there and we had a lot of fun there, everyone couldn't believe how good i looked and it felt great to be dressed. Well last weekend we went to my sister in law's houses for a BBQ and all her family were there, and after dinner her mother turned to me and said do you remember that halloween you came here all dressed up you looked great and she turned to her daughter and said you two are almost the same size get some cloth so he could dress for us again. Well my heart started rushing and everyone started encouraging her to get some cloths. I said no i can't and my sister in law went in and came out with some cloths and said go try them on. When i looked at the cloth i seen she put a pair of lacy black panties, black pantyhose a purple padded bra and a short skirt and a lacy top and she told me she has a pair of open back shoe,s that would fit, she was one size smaller then me. Everyone was pushing me to try them on and all i was doing was looking at the cloth and wanting so bad to put them on but i kept saying no. The hole time she didn't move those cloth and she kept asking me are you sure you don't want to try on my cloth's, i would love to see you wearing my cloths. It drove me crazy just thinking about it, i almost shot in my pant's. Well i didn't and now i regret it and that i may never be able to try on her cloth again. Even my wife told me that i should have did it, that i would have enjoyed it. Everyone was disappointed.

Wow. Sure widh something like that would happen to me!!!!!

don't beat you self for it, we all have done what comes naturally, denial, we know it so well it becomes an instinct.

Great story. Wow I couldn't imagine how I would have felt. Thanks for sharing.

bobbie sue
    You should have dressed for them and yourself just think what a great way to come out

Aspiring Member
    We are all of the shoulda/coulda/woulda wishful regrets of opportunities gone by to dress or come out to people. As Alexa says don't beat yourself over it. There may be other chances coming up with Halloweeb just a few months away.
    Diane Elizabeth

Like Alexia said, denial is so natural to us that your reaction is understandable. But WOW what an opportunity. However, I have a feeling you will get the opportunity again. I cannot imagine the family just doing something out of the blue like that. I get the impression that more than just your wife knows and that you are being encouraged to be more open.
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    Great story. I'm sure I would have behaved the same way and spent the rest of my life wishing I hadn't. Go with it next time, if you can.

Come to think of it: Maybe your wife has revealed this to them and this was their way of trying to urge you to come out to them? They seem cool with it.

Platinum Member
    Here's a suggestion - explain to your wife and sister that you would really enjoy dressing up for them, but that the pressure of so many people was just too much. Try to plan a get together with just your mother in law, sister and wife, and, although I think they already know, tell them that this is really something you enjoy and would like to share with them.

I think you did what most us would havee done given the circumstances. I also think this oppurtunity will come again. like Kim's suggestion that you should talk to your wife and make plans to dress up with mother-in-law and sister-in-law. Maybe a wine and cheese get-together.

I know what I would do....next time you see here, tell her....I got to thinking...I would actually love to try your clothes. Is that offer still on the table?

The way around this, IF, the situation ever comes up again, just keep in mind! You will be dressing for THEM, not for Yourself. That should aleve some of the tension. Even tho I do not get excited, in a sexual manner, over dressing, I can understand your fear of, they may notice that you are " enjoying " this too much. I am really sorry you missed that opportunity, Like others have said, don't make a specific trip or occation to say this, but, next time you just visiting with them, say something like, "I am sorry I freaked out the other day, about you wanting me to dress up, I have since thought about it, and realized how silly it was, and hope I didn't hurt Your feelings by not wanting to go along with being dressed up. I remembered how much fun we had on halloween, and what fun it was being the center of attention."
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Maria, please believe this. There's almost ALWAYS another chance in life!

U need to think of WHY u didn't want to dress the last time. Then, figure out under which conditions u would feel more comfortable dressing in front of your in laws.
    The next time u see them, tell them WHY u were uncomfortable and what would make u comfortable. Then say that u would like to dress up for them in your sister in law's CLOTHES. Just remember to dress THEIR way!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

We all have the regrets of chances that got away. I remember a girlfriend that I had after i split from from my first wife. She asked if I ever dressed. I said no. That was a big lie. To this day wish I would of come clean and who knows where that would of taken me.

Hi Maria, As so any of the girls have said "We all(maybe not all) are in that denial mode when we are pressed into a situation like the one you mentioned and a lot of us would have jumped at the chance to dress in front of all those people;l MAYBE and I say again MAYBE!!!!!! One never knows how to react to a certain situation until it presents itself. Don't beat yourself up over it, another chance will come. Also, from what I read it appears that your wife supports your cd'ing and possibly has told her sister about it. GO WITH THE FLOW and follow your instincts.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Remember how you feel right now. Write it down if you have to. The next time a similar situation occurs - related to dressing or otherwise - maybe you will act differently. Every situation presents a chance to learn and grow. It is only a shame if you waste this lesson.

For me, the key word in this thread is DENIAL. I remember after being caught dressed when I was an adolescent, how my mom would come to me and ask me, "do you want to be a girl?". How I wish I'ld been honest and told her the truth..."I don't know". I so very much understand your hesitancy, Maria, and can empathise with the feelings that went through your mind.
    The other girls have given you some valuable insight as to how to approach this moving forward. I for one can only wish I had the options that you have at this point. For me, I'ld try ever so hard to "go with the flow" as your wife and in-laws seem comfortable with it. I believe, as Danni predicts, the chance will present itself again in the near future.

Be sweet...Dani/Danielle

I hear a lot of other stories about members who get the chance to dress in public but refuse it for some reason. I wonder if i wasn't a crossdresser if i would've did it, am i that scared that someone will maybe figure something out about me. Thank for all you comments.

A huge dillemma! I woudl have done the same as you but it would have eaten me up as well! So close and yet........
    I also have similar views as Kim and Diane, Did the initial dressing at Halloween trigger a discussion or suspicion by your in-laws? and was this offer more of a "test the wtaers"?.. Go with the flow and disuss with your wife. Not knbowing your family I suggest it would have been a horrible outcome and humiliation if they had set you up. Id like to think they had your best interest in mind though. All the best.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I think there is a chance here to have the discussion with your wife and explain how you feel about dressing in women's clothing, both the positive of how it makes you feel and the negative side of the fear associated with how the family will react. Get her input on what to do the next time and make sure she will be there to defend your choice.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Well, fundamentally, its not fair, you are the one taking the risk and everyone else can ridicule you. You were best off refusing, it sets a good precident so you don't end up being the jester at any gathering. If you can pull in other participants it is better because if they redicule you, you can change the attention to their escapades also. As for doing it, you need to be tottally comfortable and confident to pull it off well, if you are shy about it you will not enjoy it. Otherwise, I have to say CDing for partys can be a lot of fun!
    Chickie

Well, next time you are back for a visit, you can always say "Yeah, I should have..." and don't say no if you have another chance...

Never look a gift horse in the mouth! Unfortunately, hindsight is always 20/20.

Aspiring Member
    You undoubtedly missed an opportunity but you also must think about "after the night is over". Do you want to be outed? They might realize that you enjoy it too much. Think about what their attitude would/will be when the night is done. If you are OK with it, go for it.

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    OMG I so would hae let them talk me into it. No doubt about it. maybe next time
    I wish I had the courage to just be myself and live my life how I want