Thread: Part time gigs

Part time gigs

How many of you have a part time job that you dress enfemme for? I would love to find something for myself that I could work one or two days a month. Any ideas?

How about female impersonator? Drag Queen shows would be right up that alley for you! Check out the local friendly clubs that support these shows.

Joanna

I met a girl who did that around Christmas time. She had a day male job, and got a part time sales clerk job at night at Macy's. Since California and especially San Francisco are so liberal and protecting of LGBT rights, she got a job with no problems. She also passed very well too. I think that it is very feasible as long as your employer knows and supports you with it.

right now i am looking for full time work where i can be somewhat girly all the time.. a little makeup maybe, girl jeans and tops.. girl tennis shoes.. carry a bag... somehing where i can be some what open about myself without being just right out in your face... they might just think i was a fem guy.. but that would work for me too

I'm an avon Lady. As I'm selling, it depends on what customer I'm dealing with as to if I can dress.
    I allways dress for out monthly sales meeting and any additional meetings/events we may have

I used to do parties for Pampered Chef and did a few en femme. Those were some of my best $$$ parties. Lots of fun and good money if you are good at sales.

I've attended parties done by a couple of crossdressing Tupperware sales reps and they do some of the best sales in the industry. They don't just rely on crossdressing, they really entertain as they sell.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I've done some volunteer work for non-transgender organizations while en femme. Also, I'm the activities director for the local cd/tg group. Whenever I need to visit a vendor or business in person in this role, I always go en femme. I've never experienced a problem.

My suggestion is to find a local LGBT group and start doing volunteer work for them. It would help them out and also fulfill your desire to work en femme.

If you're looking for a part-time job with a lax dress code -- i.e. where they don't mind if you femme it up a bit with women's jeans, pink tops and light make-up -- try finding a call center with evening hours. Since clients usually only visit during the day, they have a very casual dress code for employees who come in after 5pm. I used to work at a couple different places in Atlanta who were very accepting of me showing up to work in flared bottom jeans, girlie t-shirts, painted nails etc.