Thread: This weekend was

This weekend was

This weekend was an annual festival in our town. Saturday night there were fireworks in the park Sat. & Sun. breakfast, carnival, food booths and parade an event we look forward to every year. Last year I attended dressed - to breakfast and all saw a lot of people I new -- but no one reconized me, I felt assured. This year on Sun. my daughter and wife eanted to go to breakfast, I had gotten up early and all ready eaten and decided to read the paper,-- ? wait a minute I thought, I would like to go dressed! I went in the bedroom and asked my wife if it would be OK for Debbie to make an appearence -- "I don't think so" she said "not in public" - ok don't want to make waves - and went back to my paper. Later on before they left (I have told my daughter once about Debra but thats all) My wife came over to me and said "Oh sure OK take Debbie out, I just don't wanna see it"

The house was empty and I got derssed makeup and all in about 20 min and went to the park. I wore brown capries and a pastel orange top with a flower print an the side and sandales. After walking around visiting booths and rounding a corner there stood my wife at the cat adoption booth visiting with a lady she diden't see me and I stood back and decided to sit on a bench untill they were through.They finished talking and I went and stood next to her while she was looking at the T-shirt she just bought - she turned and looked at me and just started talking about breakfast and what she had been doing - like It eas no big deal I asked her if I looked ok "yes" and looked me up and down --first time since the "first and last time" a couple of years go. All of a sudden she said she saw our daughter coming and maybe I should wander off--well, I walked off a few yards and turned to see them talking and thought - Why not? so I walked back and up beside her and said "hi babe"(my term on endearment for her) she turned and looked puzzled stood back "I saw this woman talking to mom and thought it must be a friend from work, Oh my! well....ok She told me later I looked great and totally passable -- nice to hear! but people would maybe guess if I spoke,-- I have a very deep voice.

This was a great feeling and I am so glad she accepted this part of me, "just not ready to stroll around the park yet"

Just had to share this with everyone.......................Debra

Hi Debra,

What a great post! Thanks for sharing, from what I've seen of the pictures you have posted you look great!!!

Renee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

Hooray for you, that must have taken a lot of courage!
    typos? Errors? Sent from my phone!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Platinum Member
    That was quite a weekend. I'm glad you got to take in all the activities at the festival and that the encouter with your wife and daughter turned out so well. Maybe that stroll in the park isn't so far off.