Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: crossdressing and obsessive-compulsive behavior

It's like I always say - anything worth doing is worth doing to excess!

Quote Originally Posted by Sue101 View Post
    Crossdressing is an OCD except for those who are transsexual. If this was just a natural part of ourselves we would not need to think about it, or fantasize about it, we would just do it and think nothing of it. CDs also report getting a positive response whether sexual or emotional when dressing. This is an important aspect of OCD which makes it hard to break away from the often dysfunctional behaviors associated with it. This of course does not reveal the reasons why the dressing began in the first place but OCD quickly becomes attached to the crossdressing behavior once it emerges.
    So, then why isn't OCD treatment(s) successful treating crossdressing?
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Yup Emmi, I dress more and more as well.....it's getting out of control!!

CD-ing and OCD are apples and oranges. It's possible for a crossdresser to be obsessive and compulsive, but that doesn't make crossdressing an OCD.
    I have lived with someone who was OC about cleaning. It's not fun - for anyone. She was miserable when things were not perfect, and she made everyone else feel they couldn't do anything - because it would leave imperfect what she had perfected. Living with Monk might be humerous for a while, but it would get old real fast.

Aspiring Member
    any one here had dogs ?
    un nutered/spaye?
    obsessive compulsisve?
    dogs like to make pupies!
    well people are not a lot unlike other animals there sent driven and that should neve be underestamated!
    and where did this fixation come from we all seem to share? that complution to get into somthing a woman had worn.
    ok in the rest of the animals world they have no clothes to pervert that drive. and a good male knows nothings is better than a woman getting into "her" or the males pervereted unrealistic verison of the desighners moldes version hocked on tv or the magazines .....13 year old boy fixate on what ?
    compulsive about what ?
    Alfred E what me worry ?
    !
    pannnntttiiieessss..........! no problem!
    relize your a fish and she caught caught you and was not even trying!

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss
    So, then why isn't OCD treatment(s) successful treating crossdressing?
    Because as I mentioned there is an underlying cause -dender dysphoria - that causes the crossdressing in the first place. Treating the compulsion would only alter the association the person has with the dressing and stop them from excessive shopping etc but would do nothing to tackle the dysphoria
    I want to be judged for who I am not what I am. Thank you for listening.