Thread: As rare as red hair? CD-ing is...

Talking As rare as red hair? CD-ing is...

What we're doing... is it sane? I'm pretty sure it is, but it is kinda fringe don't you think? It's approaching the edge a bit? kidding... but only sort of.

How many of your buddies (guys) are dealing with the woes of crossdressing, or it's pleasures? It's a funny thought, that it would appear we are kinda rare right? Do all or most men have some hidden area of their Phycie that most people don't see?

This could be true, but I think crossdressing is kinda rare... yes? As rare as say... red hair. So rare enough that you may only know one or two people with red hair.

Crossdresing is a curious thing, I wonder where it comes from? Don't you feel like crosdressing chose you, you had no real choice in the matter. It would seem that it's a genetic ingredient that some men get right?

I guess we can ask all the questions we want about it and we'll never truly know. It's just damn enjoyable.

Everybody has some kind of socially unacceptable urge or part of themselves. Some choose to repress it, some act on it and hide it, and others embrace it.

The fact that crossdressing is rare is a good thing. It means if people aren't repulsed by us then they'll think we're kewl for being different.

Crossdressing in men is actually a lot more common than we're sometimes led to believe. Its just a matter of perspective, and many men who crossdress are simply concentrating on a specific piece of apparel - panties, stockings, high heels etc - and since they do not completely dress in women's clothing, do not classify themselves as a crossdresser.

General nuisance AliceJaneInNewcastle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMarieYelton View Post
    Crossdressing in men is actually a lot more common than we're sometimes led to believe. Its just a matter of perspective, and many men who crossdress are simply concentrating on a specific piece of apparel - panties, stockings, high heels etc - and since they do not completely dress in women's clothing, do not classify themselves as a crossdresser.
    As indeed they should not. If they are transvestic fetishists, they are entirely entitled to consider themselves to be that.

Yes we may be rare, the complete cross-dressers/transgenders among us, as opposed to "transvestic fetishists" who only dabble, which I think places the number of us rather high, but we also see a world so apart for most. We see, no… feel the world as few do. To see the world from only a man's perspective? God, who would I be then? I would hate that… But, truth be told, if I had to choose, I'd pick being a woman any second of any day. Their world is so less hostile, so much more forgiving and inviting. After years of denial, I'm so glad I'm the way I am. So love that I'm able to embrace the woman inside me without all that self-loathing nonsense. What can I say, it's a good fit for me and I relish in my unique life and the perspective it has provided.
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

Quote Originally Posted by Ria View Post
    So rare enough that you may only know one or two people with red hair.
    It may be but actually I know more than two... a great percent of my close relatives have red hair my maternal grandfather had red hair, my paternal grandfather was a red haired too, not sure about any crossdressrs

If the red hair proportion is true, that means about 2% of us worldwide are crossdressers and in Scotland and Ireland 12% are!

Seriously, if you define "crossdressing" as "being interested in women's clothing" we might find that the percentage is much much higher. The percentage of us who act upon our interest despite social taboos is obviously low. I wonder what it would be if crossdressing were as acceptable as, say, golf?
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Red hair and a croosdresser, didn't know I was that rare!

Funny thing is that I had my hair dyed red a couple of months before I had it all cut off in a benefit here while back! CDing is not rare to me! It's more like a happy way of life! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

.....count me in red hair freckles and a crossdresser, wow i really got delt a hand

We're like sisters then Lacey, I'm also a red head with freckles... and I wouldn't change it!

General nuisance AliceJaneInNewcastle's Avatar
    As you can see from my avatar, I'm also a redhead. I also have freckles and am left handed...

Platinum Member
    I'm sure there are statistics on the prevalence of cross dressing, but since its almost all self reporting on surveys, you can bet that the actual proportion of the population is understated. We do know that every society has transgendered people (using the broadest sense of the term), which suggests to me that there are underlying genetic or other developmental factors. I feel I was born this way...just like I was born blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn2006 View Post
    But, truth be told, if I had to choose, I'd pick being a woman any second of any day. Their world is so less hostile, so much more forgiving and inviting.
    This is a common misconception. Yes, it's physically less hostile, but women psychologically torture each other. Forgiving?? They hold grudges way longer than men do. Girls kill themselves over social things; you can google teen suicides and find incidences of it. Their aggression/bullying isn't physical, so guys don't see it.

Ria, if you want to know where crossdressing comes from, well, there's plenty of material out there to learn from. You'll have to start out with basic psych 101, then take each course, learn all the different theorists, learn developmental psych, then start reading the tales from other men and women who cross the gender lines. Believe me, it's going to take a big bite out of your free time; years. Because there is no one simple answer that covers all of us.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 08-02-2011 at 12:22 PM. Reason: replying to two posts.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Ria, if you want to know where crossdressing comes from... developmental psych, then start reading the tales from other men and women who cross the gender lines. Believe me, it's going to take a big bite out of your free time; years. Because there is no one simple answer that covers all of us.
    I hear what you're saying, the accademics have their theories and have written about it, and it might make for interesting reading if it was dumbed down for me, but take courses, learn developmental psych? I bet you could strive to find out all the answers and end up even more confused. "Where does crossdressing comes from?" ...a rhetorical question in my case. =)
    Last edited by Ria; 08-02-2011 at 05:52 PM.