Thread: The Big Night Out

The Big Night Out

Two weeks ago if someone said that Cally would be strutting down a City street on my way to a bar for birthday drinks and pool, I would probably still be rolling around on the floor laughing my ass off (what precious little ass there is of it).

But, after many years of thinking about it and the last 6 months having a house guest that was CD unfriendly, I ejected the CDphobe onto the street and inside a few days scored an invite to a new friends birthday and a local gay friendly pub.

My plan was simple, at least I thought it would be. Just find something to wear from my rather eclectic and disjoint wardrobe, go shopping with my GG for some makeup that actually suited me, get ready and then brass up and do it. My escape plan was I could go through the preparation process and right at the last minute if I didn't like who was looking back from the mirror at me, then I would hit the shower and go en drab anyway.

So anyway we hit the shops at about 4 looking for makeup for my GGs sister, who miraculously has the same skin tones as me. . The assistant was very helpfull and was amazed at my patience in being the test dummy . I ended up with quite a comprehensive bag of goodies.

Next was what to wear. The one thing I had not thought about was something warm like a coat to wear cause it's cold down here at the moment and I also didn't have a bag to put money, glasses etc in. Luckily we managed to piece together things and arrived at what you see in the pic. I also discovered the curse of hairy arms, but by this stage I had removed so much hair from various other places, I figured what the heck and shaved off enough to look just right.

By this time, it was nearly 7.30 and we hadn't even gotten to the makeup stage. Two hours later I looked in the mirror and my jaw dropped and the biggest smile I have ever had appeared. I doubt my Mum would have recognised me. Cally was awsome... no shower for me, we are doing this!

After a rather nervous trip to the bar and finding a park about two blocks away, I got out of the car, straightened myself up, drew a deep breath and never looked back.

There were a bunch of bouncers and straight looking folk hanging out at the front door, but I could see past them to see a music act going on inside that had the ugliest looking excuse for a woman belting out something horrible. I later found out she was doing a piece from Cats and was done up as a cat. oops

After getting directions from a couple of friendly Tgirls we found our party and it just got better from there. Everyone was soo friendly. By the end of the night we had played pool with a whole bunch of interesting folk. I was patted on the bottom, hugged and pecked on the cheek by just about everyone who came up.

There was even one little straight chickie who came up to me and introduced herself and smiled... not sure what she was up to, but it was all just so friendly. Even the folk who looked like complete rednecks were tottaly cool.

I literally had the time of my life. I completely surprised myself with how it went and the guts I never thought I would have. I now have a whole bunch of new friends and am definitely going back for more at the next chance.

Although now I'm out, I will need to expand my wardrobe something chronic. Afterall I can't be seen in the same old number over and over again. Looks like more shopping with my GG... for all manner of things whoohoo!!!

This was a big night out, not only for me, but my GG, as although she knew about Cally, she had never met her, let alone gone out with her. I think my GG was more nervous than I was.

So there it is ... if you can, and get a chance, live your dream. I think the regrets of missed opprtunities are not good for you and haunt you for the rest of your life until you do something about it.

Girl you definatly have the fever! Their's no hope for you! The only thing you can do now is get back out there soon and not let the fever leave you! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Woo Hoo! Go Cally! Congratulations on a wonderful outing!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    I love it, Its like when I go down to the Abbey every time! Its so addicting!

By the way if it was your birthday.(HAPPY BIRTHDAY). Sounds like you had a night to remember. It is great that you were totalt accepted. Now expand that wardrobe. I think shopping is more tham half the fun. The choices are limitless and I luv the shoe choices as well. Now I know why girls change there cloths so much.

I know exactly how you feel and had many of the same experiences. Last halloween I went out and really blended in well. Anyhow, not every day works so well, but the key is to do it until it is familiar and you will overcome your fears. To make it enjoyable for your wife is a bonus that will gain her support for years...
    Chickie

Platinum Member
    [QUOTE=Cally;2558024]...This was a big night out, not only for me, but my GG, as although she knew about Cally, she had never met her, let alone gone out with her. I think my GG was more nervous than I was....QUOTE]

What a great night! I'm espeiclaly glad your GG got to meet you and overcome her nervousness. So far, I've been out alone, and I know that my wife's apprehensions are an obstacle to overcome. I'm sure we'll get there eventually, just need to let her get to a comfortable place.

Platinum Member
    Hi Cally, Honey you are out there now theres no turning back now.

Orchid

Sounds wonderful!! I love hearing these types of stories. gives me hope. I have been out a couple of times but I still get very nervous just taking out the trash. Keep it up and congratulations!
    [SIZE="1"]Quote of the week! "This badger on a stick stuff is going to have to stop! [/SIZE]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/66137661@N05/

Well the weekend approaches and it's on again ... Finishing work at lunch time tommorrow and going shopping with my GG for something to wear on Saturday night.

Can't wait!!! There is something about playing pool while wearing heels and an almost too short lil black number that just floats my boat!!

You are all right .. I'm hopelessly hooked and there is no turning back.

I will never forget that first time out of the car into the brisk night air. Stand up straight, deep breath and go forth and enjoy!!!

This is definitely the best fun one can have with clothes still on! :-)