Thread: Too hot to handle.

Fanboy in Flares & a Bra jthong24's Avatar

Too hot to handle.

I've had the urge to dress a lot lately. But, I keep denying myself. I reside in the Chicagoland area, and it's been so very very humid. I live without air conditioning for the moment. If I were dressed up en femme I'd be even more miserably uncomfortable than I am in guy mode. This is frustrating.

I'm in the process of buying a house, and can't wait to have air. Several months ago I revealed to my fiance that I was c/d and after the initial shock, she's been supportive and even went shopping with me. She has only seen me dressed twice; once on Halloween, and once after the shopping trip. That day ended in some fantastic bedroom gymnastic, so I'm very hopeful for the future. I cannot wait to get out of this heat in my own place with my future wife. I'm very exciting to see just how enthused she is about my dressing. I love her and I'm very glad I'm sharing my entire being with her. Those of you who question telling your S/O, I highly recommend you do it early on. You could be pleasantly surprised =D.

im happy to hear you SO is supportive. im in South carolina and its been super hot here also 100s. hope you house buying goes smoothly.
    xErica the x is silent

Aspiring Member
    sounds to me like you need to buy a bikini....

This time of year, women's clothes are way more comfortable, unless you're into stockings...I used to live in Chicago and I'd love to walk down Michigan Avenue in a sundress, watching the guys sweat in their suits and ties.

Hehe, just move on up to central Canada... when it's hot, it's not all that hot, and when it's cold, you just dress for it and look real cute!
    With love,
    - Celes

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't get it! I keep reading posts that say "it's too hot to dress". I LOVE dressing in the summer! All those cute little skimpy outfits that I COULD wear in winter because-----------well, I live in SoCal. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference. No one has AC near the coast and everyone has a pool. But, we ALSO have fans! Don't they sell those in Chicago?

Thank goodness I had the good sense to move away from there when I was 2!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Just a little south in Missouri at my house it reached 109 today in the shade! I can't imagine being w/o air! I feel for you big time! Hang in there! When you get your new house you will need your future wife to heat things up!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Quote Originally Posted by windycissy View Post
    This time of year, women's clothes are way more comfortable, unless you're into stockings...I used to live in Chicago and I'd love to walk down Michigan Avenue in a sundress, watching the guys sweat in their suits and ties.
    I have never had the courage (or looks ) to pull that off in recent history, but I did buy a little sundress the other day at a bargain shop, would love to wear it out and about!

Amanda,you took my post. Sundresses are great in the summer and they fit in much better than a polyester skirt and top with nylons. I wonder if the T Mobile girl's pink sundress dress is for sale?

I really hate the heat. When it's cold you can always put something on but when it's hot there is only so much you can take off. We have been having a lot of triple digit weather in El Paso Ugh.

Vieja

The worst thing to me as far as the heat goes is it melts my makeup. Now a nice bikini bottom panited toes nails and tan legs sitting on the back deck... that is cool.

Not sure I get it, there's nothing "cooler" than a simple cotton dress. Or a shorts outfit for that matter. You don't see natal women shirking from the heat, do you?
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

This is exactly why I told my wife as soon as we met, she knew right from the start. You are on track for a wonderful life, congratulations.
    As far as the heat, it hit 109 her in S. bama, will be glad when I move soon, the upstate of S.C if anyone here lives there and want to make a new friend.
    When I lived in Chicago, it was so cold, it was hard to tell who anybody was, everyone was so bundled up. Burrrrrr.
    Happy dressing honey !
    Ms Kanuchi

Platinum Member
    I live in Houston, where heat and humidity are pervasive for 6 months of the year. I find myself wearing a lot of tank tops, cotton and linen skirts and occassionally capris. Strictly casual and comfortable.

Also, congratulations on your coming marriage and supportive SO. I approached this the same way with my future wife and it makes all the difference!

Fanboy in Flares & a Bra jthong24's Avatar
    Thanks to all who stopped in to reply. It's not that I couldn't dress if I really felt I needed to. I find myself in the kind of humidity where even while sitting still dressed in only my underwear (panties, of course) I'm dripping sweat. When I put a t-shirt on it's drenched in a matter of minutes. I can only imagine one of my spaghetti-strap camis would end up the very same way. I like the few femme clothes that I have and feel I'd be wasting my time wearing them in this kind of overbearing heat/humidity. We've hit a "heat index" of 110 this week, and although I'm an athletic guy, I'm not used to it. I've been only slightly above miserable for two weeks. I do have fans btw. However, I work in an area with no A/C and when I come home there's no place to cool off... Sorry, I sound like I'm complaining a bit don't I? In all reality, I love summer. Chicago doesn't see enough of it what with our 8 months of possible winter weather each year. Perhaps I'm grumpy simply because I'm stubborn and don't want to drench my femme clothes. Oh well, I'll live.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm sorry too, Jt. I thot u meant HOT, not 110! I mean that's VEGAS! And, no one goes there now!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Was not there a movie "Some like it hot?" Hot maybe, but super humid is terrible! I live 90 miles west of you, near Rockford, and yesterday, the hottest, most humid day of the year, i tried to remove my car's ruined automatic transmission. After about three hrs, utterly drenches, cussing mad, it stormed and i quit , with one bolt left. The heavy downpoor did feel nice, even though i was alrdy drenched with sweat, and wasted away. You are fortunate to have a fiance that accepts your dressing. Not that common. I am 57, still single, but for many reasons, other than Cd. Fans are better than nothing in this tropic heat.

Hope Joanna's Wife!! Joannas_fiance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jthong24 View Post
    Those of you who question telling your S/O, I highly recommend you do it early on. You could be pleasantly surprised =D.
    That was a great idea you telling her! I am happy to hear that she has been supportive of your hobby! My Joanna revelead to me little bits at a time what he liked through conversations about certain kinds of subjects. When I revealed to him that I liked what he did, our relationship hit a new high with us having more in common and for more fun things to do together...like shoe and makeup shopping!!

Joannas fiance

Unhappy Too hot to dress?

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    The worst thing to me as far as the heat goes is it melts my makeup. Now a nice bikini bottom panited toes nails and tan legs sitting on the back deck... that is cool.
    I agree.
    And to add insult to injury I also wear a wig, which makes me feel hot even if its only 75F indoors. The clothing is cooler, but the make up and wig don't go well with heat......unfortunately. So i don't get out much in the summer.

Joanie B.

Just got home after a week in California's central valley, hot, but only in the low 90's, but it still felt good to get home, back to my 63 degree summer days, where a girl can wear pretty much whatever, anytime of year, don't know how you inland girls survive it all!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.