Thread: Shopping for the first time

Shopping for the first time

Well, I had shopped before but always with my lovely sister by my side. She lives in Chicago, so the only time I enjoy shopping is when I am there.

So, the other day I am going through mail and see a mailer with pretty enticing coupons for EXPRESS and their Jeans, which I had an eye for, a while now.
    I took it as a sign and made a promise to go shopping for express jeans just by my self.

I was quite nervous when stepping into a mall, and how chicken I am? Oh well, I was wearing GAP jeans, loose Tshirt and canvas flats, that's how chicken I am.

I approached the store although shaking my gorgeous tush all the way. I stepped in and immediately several girls said hello and one of them, really cute 25ish one had asked if she could help.

"I am looking for jeans" words rolled of my tongue and she seemed to start turning to go in the direction where the merchandise was located. "Oh, ahhhhh, I mean, the cute ones", I smiled and added "the ones that make your butt look cute". She looked straight into my eyes and with the smile said, "you mean girls jeans". My smile grew as she had this most understanding, sort of No Big Deal look on her face. "yes, I am a transgender, a transsexual in transition and making my baby steps into the reality of life". She smiled and said then follow me, I couldn't wait and proceeded with anticipation.

Next she pulled several pairs and let me in the fitting room. Mind you all the selections were size 6 or 8, she pointed that some styles ran large and some small.
    I put on a first pair, pulled my over-sized Tshirt at the bottom and tie the nut so that my smooth belly was showing all its glory.

She asked from behind the door "how is it looking" I stepped out and looked in the mirrors, she said "wow, it looks better then I expected.........cute" I turned an turned, shook my tush and went on to try another.

I don't kid you, I must have tried 12 pairs of jeans and finally settled on a fabulous pair I will post the picks of tomorrow. The only thing I did not do is to have documented this experience on film there at he shop. This whole experience, the girl and all the stuff were fab and I would recommend this place to any tgirl or crossdresser. And now I am the owner of not just another jeans but a most chic express jeans girl can have, oh la la

Attachment 162398Attachment 162399
    I also got this top, a Tshirt on sale for $10.00 I think it looks good
    Last edited by Inna; 08-03-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Anyone can tell a story! BUT! It takes a special girl like you to make it interesting to the end! Thank you for sharing! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Quote Originally Posted by Alexia Elliot View Post
    I was quite nervous when stepping into a mall, and how chicken I am? Oh well, I was wearing GAP jeans, loose Tshirt and canvas flats, that's how chicken I am.
    I don't think that it is chicken at all...I have never been out in public. It sounds like you wore what most GGs would wear to the mall. I think your shopping alone took a tremendous amount of courage and it is great that you were able to have such a wonderful experience.

Aspiring Member
    I really love Express and their very good service. I have bought a few things on sale there but the clothes are very expensive.

Platinum Member
    Aren't SAs great. I especially love when they take the time to look me over and help choose sizes, styles etc. The other day, I made my first visit to the Dress Barn (en femme). The SA was great finding me some cute skinny jeans and tops that worked with my less than feminine shoulders. She was so very pleasant and supportive.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Alexa, number one, I am so happy for you! I'm so glad that your first experience was a good one. You know what? I think you'll find that this is the rule rather than the exception. Women get it. They know the clothes are fun and cute, and don't begrudge us for wearing them. As long as you come across as non-threatening and don't ping their 'creep radar' they'll fall over themselves to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexia Elliot View Post
    . . . I must have tried 12 pairs of jeans . . .
    Number two, this is normal. Get used to it. Since clothes are made in a facrory, there are little variations all over the place - even in the same garment in the same size. It's even worse with jeans. Like I told my daughter - once you find your size in that style of jeans, take every last one of that style and size into the dressing room with you and try them all on - sometimes more than once. You'll see that one pair seems to have too much room in the butt, one makes a really weird pucker on the side, one pair will have a fly that is off-center, etc. Hopefully, you will find the perfect pair - that pair of jeans that once you slide them on, they feel like a second skin. It's like a great pair of shoes, once you slide them on you feel fierce, totally cute, and invincible!

Happy shopping, my friend!

Kathi

I think you look great in black, let alone black jeans.

The jeans and the tee look great on you, good buy! I've shopped for years, but never dressed, and never try things on in the store, so I think you are very brave.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Alexia, you are one pretty woman...You appear to have small delicate feet...Lovely ..and a tight little yummy body..pretty face..The complete package.. Tres chic...and tres sleek
    Your happy attitude shows in these photos...You're a love smooches Jackie
    Jackie

I've never gone outside the house yet while dressed so this comes as a big suprise to me that girls can actually do this and pull it off, and the salesgirls won't call Paul Blart the mall cop to come arrest you. I look forward to one day actually being passable (and comfortable) enough to go out in public in anything but the pitchest of black nights. Shopping wise, its the net for me-there are tons of wonderful sites out there with stuff made for guys

Aspiring Member
    What fun! Thanks for taking us along in words... When you mentioned documenting the experience on film I envisioned a camera crew doing a documentary...