Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: “But I am no longer living with a MAN”

Complex Lolita...

“But I am no longer living with a MAN”

[SIZE="2"]That’s what my sister said to me the other night!

For your information, she and I have been living together in the same house, in peace and harmony, for the past five years, and we share many of the same viewpoints on males and male behavior. My sister knows I’m a crossdresser, but I do not crossdress in her presence – she has read some of my collected words from this site, even though I’m not too “open” about sharing everything just yet. I get the feeling she would like to see me doing something more constructive or lucrative with my time, but we both understand the nature of relaxation – with this in mind I hold back from revealing myself too much, since it is at odds with her overall view of me, or of males in general...

Anyway, the other night we were talking about things that happened years ago, before we both moved to Kansas from Massachusetts. We got around to discussing relationships we have experienced, and she spoke at length about her daily habits when she was living with a man in Duxbury, MA. Naturally, I asked her why she has changed so much since she moved in with me. “Well,” she said, “I was living with a man then, but I am no longer living with a MAN!” She immediately looked over at me and corrected herself, telling me she didn’t mean it to sound that way. I was smiling, of course, and I said, “I think that’s the nicest thing you’ve ever said to me!”

Yes, I took that as a HUGE compliment – wouldn’t you? I mean, why ARE you crossdressing if you’re not actively trying to get away from being male, if only for a brief time? Your results may vary, but, for me, the need to dress springs from this desire to be less male, and, apparently, it shows. I’m pleased to say I have conquered masculinity - how about you?
    [/SIZE]

A beautiful little story! Since there is no men in the house perhaps it's time to show her who she IS living with! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I would have taken it as a huge compliment too Freddy.
    In this world men are meant to be men. What a relief it is for us not to be burdened down with that sort of thing. I love my female side as do most of us here.
    But I can see why she was worried you might have taken it the wrong way. But to us that remark will always be a compliment.
    A nice story.

SUZY

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    I like the story; your sister sounds nice. However, I can't identify with the need to be less male. In my case, it is the need to be periodically feminine. My male side is pretty much well formed and intact. I am exploring/discovering/forming my female side.

Hi,

conquered masculinity. well i never had it to start with , & i have no idear what it is. tho i'v seen it in acton & i hate it big time I know what it did to my Mum & how it affected her & of cause affected me , some 64 years ago , & i'v had to live with that.

Now that does not say every male is the same, ant'e men yes because of what they . = many have done not all just so many,

just had a think about what i said its because im a woman & think as one & it goes back to i did not or could not relate to men , thats the difference for me
    ...noeleena...
    Last edited by noeleena; 08-03-2011 at 07:38 AM.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I am not sure that I would have taken her statement as a compliment! Yes, I do like to crossdress, but no matter what I am wearing I am still a man!! I have had never had any thoughts of being a woman, even though I do like to dress like one. My late wife knew that I crossdressed, but she also knew that I was always her man!! But, to each his/her own!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Frederique, I would have reacted the same way, beaming with happiness! I get a very uneasy feeling when someone refers to me as "him" and especially "sir." I'm really uncomfortable checking the "M" rather than the "F" box on forms. When I approach restrooms, selecting the "Men" side feels wrong. I'm so grateful that my wife sees me as another girl in the house; well at least a girl on the inside. In a word, I detest anything male as it pertains to me.

Platinum Member
    I can't say I've conquered masculinity entirely, but I'm very pleased to live my life in a manner that, as you say is helping me get away from being male, much of the time. My wife occassionally says "you're such a girl!" and I take it as a HUGE compliment as well!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    [SIZE="2"]I mean, why ARE you crossdressing if you’re not actively trying to get away from being male, if only for a brief time? Your results may vary, but, for me, the need to dress springs from this desire to be less male, and, apparently, it shows. I’m pleased to say I have conquered masculinity - how about you?
    [/SIZE]
    I don't think that's where it sits for me. In my case, it seems to be additive. Basically, I don't renounce any of my male stuff but I feel like I've allowed this other side to surface. As I sit here in a skort, I just visited one of my favorite motorsports forums before I came here. It is a very different environment from here, but then again the various parts of my personality are also. You know, it isn't always a Zero Sum Game...

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Freddy, I knew exactly what she meant - she was no longer living with a man, not living with a man.

Still, I would take it as a compliment as well.

Kathi

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flatlander_48 View Post
    You know, it isn't always a Zero Sum Game...
    I agree with that. Think yin/yang. Complementary but equal.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I am crossdressing because a part of me is wired to be feminine, and it's very difficult to show that side when presenting as a male!

What I mean by that is that it's just incongruous to look like a guy and act like a woman, just as it can jarring to be dressed to the nine's and use a male voice (which is why many of us are concerned about our voices!). Besides, my feminine self wants to be feminine, as completely feminine as possible. My male self does not want to be feminine and, frankly, my wife is not interested in my male self acting in a feminine manner (with a few exceptions). She wants the man she married and I'm completely in agreement with that!

So, if my wife were to tell me that she didn't think she was any longer living with a man, I'd be rather concerned, but that's why we belong to this forum, no? It's great to have many perspectives and to have all of us voice those perspectives and ideas. Even after 6 years on this site I'm still amazed at the richness and variety of thoughts presented here. It's just fantastic!

Thanks so much for this thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Suchacutie
    my wife is not interested in my male self acting in a feminine manner (with a few exceptions). She wants the man she married and I'm completely in agreement with that!
    My wife feels the same way, and I am more than happy to oblige her. I keep my feminine moments to myself, for the most part. Like Yangstyle suggested, my male side "is pretty much well formed and intact." I'm no longer trying to suppress it like I used to, since I'm not actively considering ever pursuing gender reassignment. After all these years, my female side "is pretty much well formed and intact" as well. I've reached a place where both live mostly in harmony with each other. It's much more peaceful this way, too.

Freddy, I could interpret what your sister said as she is no longer in a situation where she's "living with a man", but instead she's "living with her brother". Did she really mean it in a way as to suggest that you are actually more like living with one of the girls, or that since she's not romantically involved with you, the "living with a man" label doesn't apply? Just wondering. If she actually was making an attempt to stroke your feminine nature, then I'm very glad for you that she's come to a place where she's comfortable with this part of you. But I'm wondering if you're reading too much into the statement.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Banned Read only
    I would take it the same way as you. Coming from someone so close as a sister you live with then it is as you say a huge compliment.

Although I'm not effeminate nor do I have the mannerisms, I do think I have the mindset of a woman. Dressing helps me to lose my masculine side. As for conquering masculinity I've just learned to live with it when I need to. I'm happy being male and love being a woman when I get the chance. If that means I've conquered it then fine. The two sides live side by side in my mind for the most time peacefully.

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    I love your story, you are very fortunate to have such a nice sister!

Hugs
    Trisha

I would see her comment as a well intentioned and positive comment. It shows her acceptance of you as a cross dresser and possibily her missing having a man in a romantic sense in her life, which has nothing to do with you. Why don't you be more open with your dressing around her? Since she accepts it might be a positive thing for both of you..

Congratulations on conquering your arch-nemesis!

I mean, why ARE you crossdressing if you’re not actively trying to get away from being male, if only for a brief time?
    For me, this is the precise reason why I crossdress. I certainly do not go through all of the time and trouble (it's a labor of love, though ) of dressing up and applying makeup simply to retain a sense of masculinity. When I dress, I dress all of the way, and embrace femininity, at the intentional exclusion of masculinity, to the absolute extent I may.

I get the feeling she would like to see me doing something more constructive or lucrative with my time . . . . since it is at odds with her overall view of me, or of males in general . . . .
    It's your time! Of course, the wonderful sister that you have, she knows this, accepts it, and accepts you, even if you are at odds with how she perceives males in general. Although, in her defense, crossdressing in and of itself is at odds with society's rules governing males in general, and as a result, impacts most individual's perception of males. But do you not enjoy being odd, and at odds with society? As an odd-man-out, er, um, an odd-girl-out, I do not need to call up the odds-makers to place a bet on this one - I know you do! And given this, and your deep appreciation and love of crossdressing and its attendant beauty and magic, how is indulging in this very necessary and magnificent undertaking and gift not constructive and lucrative? Crossdressing may not be constructive and lucrative in the traditional sense of their respective meanings, but try giving it up, and obverse what that does to your overall productivity, psyche, and outlook on life. Crossdressing is beautiful! Observing beauty, engaging in beautiful acts, and appreciating the beauty of life, whatever form it may take, makes all of this worth it!
    Last edited by Anne2345; 08-03-2011 at 08:55 PM.

Marvellous story Freddy - I enjoyed every word.
    And all the replies, too!

In contrast to you, I don't feel like I'm actively fleeing male-hood by CDing.
    I have the feeling that CDing is coaxing me to widen my perpectives and experience,
    and that in a feminine way.

I've spent quite a bit of time dressed since the day before yesterday...
    ...feeling pretty in a simple way.
    (Amanda's "pretty" thread keeps playing on my mind - God bless this forum!)
    I practiced some funny (but feminine) walks in heels - John Cleese eat your heart out!
    It was great and I couldn't stop giggling!

Of course, I choose to crossdress.
    My masculinity doesn't feel not even a little bit compromised.
    It just doesn't matter to me anymore!

By the way, I told my first male friend that I'm a crossdresser the other day.
    That was a momentous moment for me!

Gaby
    [SIZE="1"]When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... In the lilt of Irish laughter... When Irish hearts are happy... And When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... [/SIZE]

I think it's a great compliment!

Pronouced as MA-EE-KOU Maiko Newhalf's Avatar
    Freddy, I always enjoy reading your post. To me your time is spent very constructive.
    Just a TG girl. Add me on facebook: Mayiko Newhalf.

Or perhaps she was trying to differentiate between living with a man as a love interest and now sharing a home with someone. Anyway, it sounds like a good time to really put yourself out there.

I would definitely take it as a compliment. Sounds like you have a great sister.

Crossdressing doesn't remove the male side from you, it just adds another dimension to your personality.

Well, I would have taken it as a compliment as well. I cannot say that I have conquered masculinity but the fight is ongoing! As I reevaluate things, I find that alot of the masculine things I was doing was simply a way of trying to hide the feminine feelings I have. I even have to work throught the simpliest things. I used to insist on "equal rights" defined as toilet seat up when I was married or staying with my mother. I never did housework, laundry, or even made the bed when I stayed with my mother and this time I not only made the bed every day and did housework, I cleaned the carpets and dusted the places she could not reach! I am not sure I can or even want to totally give up all of my masculinity but I do want to be who I am with traits of both sexes and feel good about it. And grow my hair out. And get my ears pierced. And wear dresses and so on.....
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

I have to agree with that, my wife and I feel like we're girlfriends. She hasn't said it just that way, but I know that's how she feels. I do take it as a complement also!