Thread: new Cders in film

Aspiring Member

new Cders in film

There is a good article in today's NYTIMES
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/31/mo...s.html?_r=1&hp
    about several cds who are now in acting careers. They do not appear to be TS. so perhaps there is hope that wider audiences will see and start accepting that CD/TG people are just like everyone else (almost).

Well, demeaning or not, I thought that Ticked Off Trannies With Knives was interesting, and a bit horrifying.

It's a start, and ticked off Trannies didn't offend me, I thought it was funny.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Silver Member
    Are these girls really crossdressers? Or transgender women?

S

The actors in the times article are trans women, not CDs.
    DonnaT

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Thanks for this post. I hope to see Gun Hill this weekend.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure Chas is TS. Altho we didn't see his equipment, he certainly looked like a short male at the SCC last year.

Disclaimer: They were serving free champagne at the reception for him. And, he showed up pretty LATE!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT View Post
    The actors in the times article are trans women, not CDs.
    My interpretation of the story is that CD=transgender (as is so often mentioned on this forum), and Ms Santana is not credited with being on hormones or as having SRS, and although living as a woman for a year, she has appears to be without breasts--the reason she was cast in the part.. Otherwise I think trans-sexual would have been the apt description. Laverne Cox appears to have breasts and should have been more accurately described as being trans-sexual, with or without the srs. I could be wrong, but in any case it isn't terribly important. The main point point was that here is another article giving the public some information that everyone in the world is not male or female--there is indeed a spectrum.