Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few questions about your crossdressing

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar

A few questions about your crossdressing

Is your act of crossdressing weigh more on the side of gender expression, on the side of clothing preference, or on the side of appearence preference? Is there a side where draws no weight at all?
    What about your curiousities? Do you like to dip your toes in and test the waters of experiencing activities as the "crossed-over" gender? Do you have a desire to try on different types and styles of clothes just to experience how they feel and/or look on you? Do you like to play with different appearences to see if you could pull off a "look" and/or capture the feeling of being in the desired look?

The answer to all of the above is a resounding "Yes!"
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

I favor the clothing preference. Women have significantly more options and the colours are more vibrant!
    I do have a curiosity to get my feet wet some more. My next outing will defiantly be in a skirt and heels, maybe dancing with some girlfriends.

For the different styles, I play it safe and work with clothes that work with my body and show off my great legs. I have tried on a wedding dress before and it did feel very special. Maybe if I start dressing more often I will buy some nice gowns.

On the appearance I still look like me. I don't favor the makeup and wig (thinking about a photo shoot with my head and post it here for all of us girls here when I get home from my trip)... maybe if something changes in my life and I become a woman I would ...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Chaos View Post
    I favor the clothing preference. Women have significantly more options and the colours are more vibrant!
    I completely agree. For me it is all about clothing, and not appearance or personality. It's almost like a fetish, I guess

The truth is I don't know... Its just what I have to do....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

For the first part, what Karren said. As for curiosity, I've found my clothing style years ago, but I do love playing with make up, trying out new looks, and colors. And of course clothing style follows the fashion trends of the seasons.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

It is more of a gender and sexual identity expression clothes are just accessories that most of the times are not really need it

Quote Originally Posted by KrystalA View Post
    The answer to all of the above is a resounding "Yes!"
    Oh yes I agree! Life doesn't began until I have my makeup on!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I love the clothes. For as long as I can remember I have looked at what woman get to wear and thought why can't I wear such cute colorful clothes.

Gender-Bender ;)
    For me it's usually "Hey, I like that. It's bright and pretty. I wanna wear it!" :P

I love "weird" clothes, and I've always dressed differently. Back in high school I came to school dressed as a pirate a few times (no eye patch or anything, it wasn't a costume it was just pirate clothes :P)

I like the thrill of the masquerade, it lies within the realms of the taboo for me. It's like having an affair with society behind its back.

I dunno...I admit, I love the clothes. I enjoy wearing the clothing so much, I often wish I was female just so I could wear them more openly. I also enjoy the appearance factor, like wearing my hair long, and appearing pretty. I enjoy being pretty. As for the personality aspect, for me this is less about that than it is about the clothing and the appearance aspects.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Banned Read only
    I think for me its just my feminine side coming out. I spend most of the time in mens clothes. CD for me is just an escape, I love the way I feel when I dress in my woman's clothes. For a few hours I become Natalie and Im happy. It makes me feel like a different person. I don't own many items of women's clothes all casual stuff denim skirts and tops and of course underwear. I only CD at home and I feel very comfortable in my clothes. I just love wearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    The truth is I don't know... Its just what I have to do....
    Yep, That's the way I feel.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    It is not something that I HAVE to do!! I am not forced into doing it, not by anyone or anything!! I believe the same thing would apply to a very large number of people on this forum. I dress simply because I like the fit, feel, and look of feminine clothing! That has been the only thing that has kept me dressing for over 60 years. But I have a mind, like everyone else, and only I control that mind! If my children, or my girlfriend, tells me to stop crossdressing I will. I know I can, becaue I have done it before!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I believe life is really a smorgasboard!

So, I DRESS like I EAT! I'll try nearly ANYTHING ONCE!

And, if I LIKE how it tastes/looks, again and again!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

The appearance preference. I've never been into male style or anything, but female presentation is something I can actually get into and be proud of and hopefully someday I can present that way full time, even though I don't actually want to be a woman or be considered a woman.

The clothing is a very high priority. The different textures and materials. The different styles. Tight, loose, and so on. Male clothing options are severly limited. Second is definitely the overall look. If I can pull of the perfect (in my eyes) of male and female, (leaning heavy toward what is considered feminine) then I am very happy. The behavior, well, I try to move more "gracefully" or in a more "feminine" manner. For instance last night when walking to a meetup place I did my best to walk single file, so as to produce that sway in the hips. Why? It felt awesome. LOL.

Like Violet, I don't want to be considered a woman either. Attractive to the eye? Exotic? Oh heck yea, but I would like to be recognized as just something good to look at, and emulate if one would like.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Is your act of crossdressing weigh more on the side of gender expression, on the side of clothing preference, or on the side of appearance preference? Is there a side where draws no weight at all?
    What about your curiosities? Do you like to dip your toes in and test the waters of experiencing activities as the "crossed-over" gender? Do you have a desire to try on different types and styles of clothes just to experience how they feel and/or look on you? Do you like to play with different appearances to see if you could pull off a "look" and/or capture the feeling of being in the desired look?
    I had to quote your thread so that I could remember all your questions! I don't really feel like a woman when I dress. I dress to go out and in so doing I express my female side (we all have one, right?). The look is important to me as well as blending as best possible. I definitely am always putting my whole foot and sometimes both feet into the waters to experience new activities en femme. I guess that one of my goals is to experience most if not all of my male activities in femme mode, and so far even though my bucket list keeps expanding, my real experiences are too. I am definitely curious about everything. That is what seems to drive me to interact with complete strangers when out dressed.

I would like to experiment with all kinds of styles. However, I tend to stick with what I call a Classy Chic, with the shorter skirts and tighter tops thrown in when the planned outing venue calls for it. I would love to try period clothes, renaissance, some goth/cosplay (darker dresses with strong color highlights), some formal wear, and who knows what else. I have been thinking about doing a femme male presentation like a tuxedo look, or a femme pants suit with a man's tie and oxford tie shoes. I have also been trying to get down the simple club wear styles that I have seen some girls pull off so successfully and that should and do work for me even being 2-3 times older than they are. Like a darker gray simple cotton short pencil skirt with a neutral color top, minimal jewelry (hard for me to do because I love to wear a lot), dark (black, gray or other colors) tights and simple comfy black shoes. I am sure there are other looks that I would like to try. I already have a lot on my plate, so time will tell where I end up.

I find for me its clothing and appearance driven. I feel like there are so many options and styles of fem clothing that there is infinite possibilities for finding the right outfit for an occasion. Also, fem clothing is much lighter. This works out, for me in two favors: first, comfortability... second, it takes up much less room in the drawers or closet... or suitcase. Then you add in hairstyles and make up, and it seems that dressed en femme allows me to express any side of me that I might be feeling. Expressing gender to me is almost moot. I have a rather open feminine side as a guy, so while dressed in drab or drag really makes no difference in my attitude as male or female. However, i do play more to the lady in me through my mannerisms when dressed. And i think, dressing helps to bring that side out more - again if i want to be uber-girly, i can get cute with makeup and hair and wear a dress or skirt.. but I can also be plain jane/joe in sweats and a tee too.
    when in doubt, smile

I like the clothing. Lots of soft, comfy, and in many cases, much cooler materials. Also, styles seem almost endless as opposed to male attire. I am one who likes many different looks, depending on the occasion. Males have only two looks available to them...monkey suit or no monkey suit.

My act of crossdressing is an expression of my feminine side. I also happen to prefer women's clothes.

Clothes only. First the feel and second the look. No interest in, or effort at, trying to pass. I'm definately on the fetish side.

It's all about the clothes for me. Despite being a predominantly evening gown and formal fancy cocktail dress afficionado I love to experiment with vintage and antiquity. That being said I had a go with hobble skirts. I even figured out how to modify dresses to approximate them. Take particular care in walking while wearing one of them. Chantal I loved the vintage gowns you and your friends wore when you posted the Titanic exhibit visit. Now only if I could find dresses like that.

My favorite question to myself after seeing something that catches my eye is '...how can I get and wear something like that...

A state of mind entered by a complete surrendering to it but not out of conflict or angst not out of curiosity and not in charade but....hmm.. actually I really dont know.