Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaving your legs in the Summer

Shaving your legs in the Summer

Do you girls do it? I kept my legs nice and smooth during the winter, but during the summer I haven't due to the fact I wear shorts quite often (it gets very hot here) and I hate all this hair on my legs. But for now, my cross dressing is still a very private affair (I only recently embraced my inner girl) so I hesitate to shave my legs during the summer time. Do you girls just say to hell with it and shave them during the summer or wait until it gets cooler so that you can hide your smooth, clean shaven legs while in public?

I do but I don't wear shorts in boy mode. I never liked my boy mode legs but love them in female mode

Quote Originally Posted by Pntyhsephan View Post
    I do but I don't wear shorts in boy mode. I never liked my boy mode legs but love them in female mode
    Unfortunately, it just gets too damn hot here, so I have to wear shorts. But while I'm at work I don't (I work in an office and wear dress pants). Can't wait until winter, then its back to smooth legs. Maybe one day soon, I'll have the courage to just say to hell with it and shave my legs all of time including summer, but for not its just small baby steps for this girl.

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Gotta go with "to hell with it", besides, I've been working on getting tan and having smooth shave legs and a skirt on and no pantyhose do get any better. When I wearing my male shorts, no has every said "you shave your legs".

Nope. She who must be obeyed wants me to pass as a male in the summer but all the waxing has left me with thin hair and I crop it and bleach it blonde so you really can't see it.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by rachaelsloane View Post
    Gotta go with "to hell with it", besides, I've been working on getting tan and having smooth shave legs and a skirt on and no pantyhose do get any better. When I wearing my male shorts, no has every said "you shave your legs".
    I'm tending to lean towards "to hell with it" as I hate all this hair and the fact that I keep the rest of my body completely hair free, it really feels odd having hairy legs. But one step at a time for this girl...but I'll get there

I keep mine very short and bleached. If I shaved them I don't think anyone would know the difference.

I keep my legs shaved and smooth all the time and I also have a couple of pairs of misses knit shorts (very comfy!). I ensure that they show that I'm a girl. I wear them with a pair of Vans with no socks and a basic T. When it's really warm out I wear it all day along with on outings like to the beach. Honestly, no one really cares. If they do, they're probably jealous

I shave mine all year long and I do wear shorts but a lot less often than I used to. It gets very hot here and I have worn light jeans on days over 100. When I used to work outside, we always wore jeans no matter how hot it was so it can be done. There really should not be any worry though because everyone I know has seen me in shorts with shaved legs and no one has ever said anything.

This is my second summer with shaved legs. It's been a challenge but I'm almost completely to the point where I'm 100% comfortable with my shaven legs in public for guy mode. The hardest is being around other guys. Today, I went to get my tires taken care of and naturally the waiting room was full of your typical "manly man" guys. That's when I'm usually the most self conscious. I just simply chose not to think about it and behaved normally and no one stared or gave any weird looks. In the hundreds of times I've been out, I've only ever gotten a comment twice. Once from one of my brothers last summer when I took a beach trip with the family. He said "You shave your legs?" I said "Yep," and that was it. Another was a long time friend who asked the same thing. Again, I simply responded, "Yep, I do!" He let his gaze linger a moment longer and then it wa never mentioned again.

I think we should consider ourselves fortunate to live in such a time. People are very open minded and most have way too much going on in their on lives to pay enough attention to notice or mind if you shave your legs. And if they do, so what? Life is short. They only think about you every once in a blue moon. You are you 24/7, so enjoy being you and do what makes YOU happy. True friends will still be your friends.

Since doing this, I've been happier than ever. I love having smooth legs and being able to tan them and get them out in the sun is great!

I've been smooth all summer, legs and arms, and wear shorts and short sleeved shirts every day in guy mode. Nobody said a word. Been in a spa with friends. Nobody said a word. Either they don't notice or they don't care. I love being smooth and cool, and how quickly I can dry off without hair!

Pay attention and you'll see that more guys are walking around smooth than you realize.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

My legs stay shaved year round, especially in the summer.

Last year I letthe leg hair grow back on my legs for the summer. This year. I have kept them nicely shaven, Only one person has said anything. My friends wife said, "your legs are cleaner shaven then mine"

A bunch of differant replies that I could have used, now that I think about it. But I just let the comment slide.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Talking

I epilate and wax my legs all the time now, and wear shorts. I'm sure some people have noticed, but no one's said anything yet. I swim and bike, so I guess I could always use that as an excuse if needed, but then again I also have hair-free arms, chest, and underarms.

I am virtually hair free. There is just a bit of very short hair on the front of my lower legs.
    I don't know why I don't just epilate it away. You can hardly see it as it is.
    Keely

One of the Reds

Just started shaving my legs again. I worried about it and wearing shorts, but a month now and NO one has mentioned my hairless legs & arms. So looks to me the biggest problem is our own fear.
    [SIZE="3"]
    *** Barbie Lanai ***
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by likes2becute View Post

They only think about you every once in a blue moon. You are you 24/7, so enjoy being you and do what makes YOU happy.
    I Love that quote!!! But you are so right.
    I've decided to shave my legs. Had been hinting to my wife a little and she said "if you want to". So I'll shave tonight.

BillieLynne

Aspiring Member
    I keep my legs shaved smooth all year long and wear shorts during the summer and I love it.

I keep my legs shaved all year long - shorts or skirts in the summer (no one seems to notice even in boy mode)

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    I have been shaving my legs year round since 2007...the only comments that have ever been made about it were positive in nature....in the beginning I did have a valid medical reason for doing so....now if anything is said I just say I like it better this way.
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

Thank you girls for all the wonderful advice and support and for "likes2becute" you're right I'm me 24/7 and life is short, and I want to spend a nice part of it as womanly as possible - I'm going to shave my legs this morning

In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of VA
    shaved all the time for the last 10+ years and had a few looks but never a ? asked, so enjoy yourself and shave away
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is too short dress whenever you can!

I shave everything year round and have for years..but i don't wear shorts in boy mode aroun anyone that might say something mainly family. Likd one of the girls said short shirts tan ssmooth legs don't get much better then that..

I shave all year round, no one really cares, at least in my world.

My experience is that no one noticed or at least they never said anything to me! Even with the arm pits shaved wearing a tank top in boy mode which really is noticable when I raise my arms! So I never have had a problem but then most folks are not that observant, others do not care, and still others do not know if I should or should not have hair on my legs and arms.

Dana
    [SIZE="3"]Dana Rachael Stevens

The person I have always wanted to be, is within me!
    [/SIZE]