Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shaving your legs in the Summer

How about arms? I've been wanting to shave my arms. Do any of you shave your arms too.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie1973 View Post
    How about arms? I've been wanting to shave my arms. Do any of you shave your arms too.
    Fortunately - I have almost zero hair on my arms, but I do shave my armpits all year round. Weird that I have hairy legs but no arm hair though (not that I'm complaining)....

I have shaved my legs all year long for the past 35 years and have only been questioned about it once. I told the person asking that I shaved because I was an avid cyclist (which I am). That satisfied my inquirer.

I've shaved my arms and legs, and all of the rest of me for that matter, for years. No one has ever said anything, and if anyone did I'd just tell them that 1. I like it the look and feel, and 2. If they persist, tell them to go F themselves.

The reason why I started shaving, almost 15 years ago, is that I have pale skin, lots of Celtic ancestors from Wales and Ireland and Scotland, and at one time I used instant tan lotion. Although it doesn't produce a realistic tan on pale skin, one of the things that instant tan does well is turn reddish-blonde body hair to a brilliant orangutang-fur orange shade. I started shaving my arms, legs and torso to get rid of the orange fur syndrome, not to look feminine.

I would say I am very lucky, naturally don't have a lot hair on my leg, so looks no difference at all lol

Been shaving my legs since about 03. have never had any problems with them. I hate when I get some stubble. drives me crazy.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

Quote Originally Posted by StarrOfDelite View Post
    I've shaved my arms and legs, and all of the rest of me for that matter, for years. No one has ever said anything, and if anyone did I'd just tell them that 1. I like it the look and feel, and 2. If they persist, tell them to go F themselves.
    Hee hee - best answer ever - just say "It's my preference"

The Girl in a blue dress. Jennifer B's Avatar
    Shaved my legs during the winter once but got terrible razor burn and spots / ingrowing hairs, so didn't bother until a few months ago when I used Nair for the first time and that gave me spots as well. What's the secret to blemish free smooth legs? Stockings feel so much better that way.

My legs and arms are shaved or trimmed and lighted 24/7 for over 10 years. I wear skirts and shorts and no one has ever made a comment..

This year is the first time during the summer. The past two years I've done it during the winter and let it grow back during the summer. No real negative comments other than maybe as why? Have the arms, underarms and legs epilated every week.

Junior Member Julie-Ann Fletcher's Avatar
    i always keep my top half waxed,chest underarms etc but when it came to my legs,cause im a driver i always ended up with a shaving rash over the back of my legs and my bottom,and it itched like hell
    I love being a gurl

Year round smooth legs and I really don't care been doing it so long my family and close friends just got used to it. With the great results laser hair removal did on my chest and back I am starting treatments on my legs this week.

So good to be smooth...

Hugs

Sandy
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

I shave my legs because I like it better that way. If people comment then I would just say to them that I naturally have a low amount of body hair and o prefer my legs being shaved. So what? Not everyone likes everything that others do.

I keep my legs, chest, and arms shaved year round. I also paint my toenails and wear sandals. I almost never wear shorts. I wear denim skirts instead. I also have the guts to wear dresses around the neigborhood.

I really can't understand what the big deal is about shaving ones legs.

Johanna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I used to shave my legs in the summer but it just got to be too much of a hastle. I do keep my legs fairly well trimmed so the initial fall shaving won't be like shaving a wookie.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    this is like the first summer i have shaved my legs, the only thing i would say that was helpful is i went to the beach earlier in the summer and my legs are fairly tan

I shave my legs and chest every other day. I shave my arms and face every day. It's really no big deal when you do it that often.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Buy a bike and shave your legs! I've been shaving my legs even before I started dressing - for cycling. I've moved on from there and got a comment on my lack of chest hair. My reply was that I liked the feel of shaved legs so much that I decided to go clean. End of story.

Funny thing is I was reverse read at an event. Cycling shorts go kind of low on your legs and give you a funny tan line. I was en femme wearing a pair of girly jean shorts and another girl looked at my legs and read me as "a cyclist." Jeez!

Been clean shaven for about 7 years now... don't wear shorts that much, but tbh people don't notice that much... and if they do comment my arguement is... it just feels better... I like it... OK I haven't come across the macho thugs yet... but hey ho!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Gold Member
    I've been shaving both arms and legs for 2 years now and no one has ever noticed or made any remarks. I've always hated body hair, so I decided then to try shaving, and I just can't go back. It is a bit of a bother, but I actually prefer shaving my legs (about once per week) than shaving my face! A few women I have been out with actually like the sensation!!!! So I'll continue to shave everywhere, till I can't do it any more!

I remember mentioning shaving my legs to my mom a week or so ago and was basically told that it's "not what men are supposed to do".
    One of the reasons I restarted my interest in CD is because I got sick of the forced manliness stereotypes so I'm pretty much rejecting them all now.

I do like the way they look without hair, but I still need more practice to prevent or remove the irritation, stubble and red bumps.
    When I can afford laser it'll be on my face first but maybe wax or epilation will work in the meantime.

tl; dr:

It's my body, and I don't like gross looking manhair on it.
    I'm no longer going to keep my body to what everyone else thinks it should be.

I recently had the experience of shaving my legs, and as an amateur crossdresser I can say that it was awesome! My legs feel so smooth and more tender and I've been told to look good on my pics when I wear a mini skirt or tiny shorts. I don't go out in public...yet, but I hope some day I will. I think I would start by going to a club so I can be in the dark more since I'm also learning how to put make up on. One thing I noticed about my shaved legs is that I now tend to caress them more often as I sit and watch a movie alone or just read something in bed. I feel so feminine and wish there was a man enjoying them.. Anyway, I hope I can learn more about the art of shaving so I can also avoid getting red bumps or not shaving them properly at times. I want to use the right lotions after shaving and also for smoother feeling...if anyone knows, I will appreciate the advice. Thank you ladies. Kisses. Lisa

I have been shaving (legs & underarms) year round for more than a decade, and either keep the hair on my arms clipped off or shaved, it just does not feel right to be hairy. I routinely go out in public with shorts on and do have a preference for less than long shorts. I have tanned by pools at motels, and on the beach.
    There has only been one time when anyone said anything, she was a GG friend, who asked if I shaved, and I said yes. Nothing more was said. There were previous SO in my life who either totally appalled, partially
    accepted it , and one whom actually embraced it.
    More than likely someone along the way noticed but for one reason or the other did not say anything to me.
    It's your life, and your body.
    Last edited by Amanda Styles; 08-15-2011 at 01:28 AM.

Tempted to give it a go and shave the legs to see what its like but need to wait, not got the courage to do while I am still out in shorts.

I shave year round, in summer I wear misses shorts, or junior demin burmudas length shorts, sometimes capris, I also wear a cute ankle braclet. mynext step is to carry a purse and wear a feminine ring and braclet and then sandals to show off my painted toenails.