Thread: Is there a halfway point where society might accept CDing?

Is there a halfway point where society might accept CDing?

I only wear ladies and girls clothes, but never go into full girl mode, where I'm either going to pass, or will clearly look like I wish I could. It won't work, arms too big, voice too low. I tend to push it, but I try not to cross any lines I can't return from. I know certain clothes will get a look or two, but I'll wear them anyway. American Eagle jeans have familiar, well-known pocket stitching, but look good on me so I wear them. I'm never around anyone who knows me, and I get an occasional look, but no one is laughing overtly and pointing fingers. I'd happily wear a denim miniskirt on a hot day, just not to go to the store or mow the lawn.

Where is the middle here, where is the point where it is either plausibly acceptable or ignored? I see younger boys in skinny jeans that aren't even pulled up, and ditched the skinny jeans because of that. Even pulled up they couldn't work, it looks wrong to me. But for some odd reason, when I'm wearing a somewhat noticeable pair of girls boot cuts or flared jeans, I get nowhere near the odd looks I see skinny jeans getting from people. They only look good on girls to me. It could be because everyone else feels the boys in skinny jeans just need to pull them up, too. I do.

I want to dress like a girl, but don't want to be called out for having gender issues. I want the little bit of skinny and femme, but not if it gets me questioned or laughed at.

Is there a happy spot? Are there any answers or suggestions?
    Last edited by girlygirly; 08-06-2011 at 10:10 PM.

I think I understand where you are coming from. I do not want to BE a girl, but I do like many items of clothing sold for women.
    If a girl has the opportunity to choice what to where in a given situation and chooses to wear a dress, not because she is a girl and should wear a dress, but because the dress is the most comfortable, appropriate item to wear, that is ok. Why should that dress not be the most comfortable, appropriate item to wear for a man in the same situation?
    Why, if a man wears the dress in that situation is it thought that he must have a gender issue.

I do not understand where in history someone made the decision that only girls should wear dresses and skirts and pink or pastel colour. Who made that decision and based on what reasons. When will society re-visit that question and decide there is not real valid reason for it.

Gold Member
    Well as long as someone's pants are pulled up, who cares if they are men's or women's?
    I was out driving one of the mean streets in town the other day and some dude, I am not kidding, his pants were sagging. Not just down a bit, but the belt line of the pants was around his knees. I mean it looked stupid, like he fell off the short bus and would say, "DURRRR I pooped my pants again!"

Yet he walked with poise and confidence. How, I don't know, cause I mean it looked silly as fat kid chasing an ice cream truck.

Anyways with the "line" of acceptability, well, women will notice but won't care. Men have too little fashion sense that unless you are wearing nylons and/or a skirt they won't notice.

Just dress to flatter whatever figure you have. I mean like if you are fat, don't wear skinny jeans. If your "package" is exceptionally enormous don't wear spandex shorts.

Now now the big arms - who cares? My arms are the most masculine thing about me but it won't keep me from wearing sleeveless shirts.

I think the only real "line" you speak of is skirt VS pants.

BTW, Karren Hutton is a big fan of wearing jeans while en femme so I will turn it over to her should she stop in.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Silver Member
    Great advice from previous posts! IMO, whatever you decide to wear, YOU must always be comfortable and confident in however you are presenting as gal or guy! Some items can be fashionable and worn by either gender - as long as the item is the right size, and not too obvious. It is doubtful not too many will notice the "blouse or gal jeans", so enjoy whatever you choose to wear.

This is how I always dress, I always carry a obviously Womens purse, usually a men's shirt, about half the time with a short skirt, and on rare occation spike heels.

I am bald, clean shaven (face), as for the rest of my body, well, I am almost as furry as Robin Williams. So I am obviously a guy, wearing some articles of womens clothing.

Today I went to 4 supermarkets (my wife and daughter have sever food allergies that require much running around for groceries) wearing a short skirt, black and grey striped T-shirt, Dickies black & white checkered purse & sandles.

I heard some laughter, I know to some (probably most) I look rediculas, and that does not bother me at all, in fact, it's kinda cool, I have made someone laugh, and those people will probably be talking about me for the next few days.

I did have one lady, while I was waiting to get some deli meat, ask why only one hand had long painted nails, very confident, without hessitation, I told her, most everything I do is 50/50 masculine and femine, I pointed out that I was wearing a men's shirt, with a ladies skirt. She asked why I don't do my toe nails, I told her that from years of working in heavy construction, and just plain rough play, my toe nails were destroyed. She asked if I had ever considered a pedicure, I told her I love pedicures, but that funds have been tight lately so I havn't had one is some time, and thats why I do my own nails. Her eyes got all big and she asked, " You did your own nails, those look great " I told her practice makes perfect, and that my nails are Extremely strong, I even use my thumb nail as a screwdriver from time to time.

Anyway, I believe because " I " was confident and comfortable with how I was dessed, she was comfortable talking with me.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

I wear women's jeans, shorts, tees, pantyhose, ballet flats and mary-janes regularly. Sometimes mixed with male clothes, sometimes all women's. I notice an occasional second glance, especially by teenagers, but have never had an issue. The point is that I am always clean and neatly dressed. Frankly, I have seen people wearing styles that look much more ridiculous that were made for the wearer's gender. Examples: uggs in the middle of summer with shorts, pajamas to the mall, many of the hip-hop styles, etc.