Thread: What do you spend the most time deciding?

Junior Member Nolwenn Elizabeth's Avatar

Question What do you spend the most time deciding?

I'm new at CD. I have been looking at wigs, clothes, breast forms, etc. I've also been reading the board for tips and information. I noticed that 90% of my time is spent looking for "perfect" wigs. I know I know I will have a big collection. About 9% is clothing: mini dresses, halter dresses, gowns, etc. The other 1% = everything else.

Do other girls have a specific thing they look for first? I haven't even thought about shoes, for example. What percentages do you shop for?
    Une femme cachée ?* l'intérieur de moi

(the hidden woman inside of me)

When most people find an interest in crossdressing, it usually begins with a specific item, be it a wig, pantyhose, slips, high heels etc. From that, you work up to the whole concept of transformation - a complete outfit, matching shoes, make-up, wig and jewelry. For me personally, my first interest was wearing slips and stockings, followed shortly by high heels. It was a year beyond that before I tried on and stuffed my first bra. A few months after that, I was putting whole outfits together and pretending I had long hair (I think I was 11 at the time). I was going out in public by 18, but never wearing make-up. Didn't actually start that until I was 25. Now I'm 29 and only a few months from starting hormone therapy and living full-time as a woman.

Basically, crossdressing is an interest or hobby like any other: you start out small and with little information, as your knowledge grows so your devotion to the craft and eventually, if you let it, it can become the guiding force in your life. Take scale model building like a few members of this forum are, and we'll compare it to crossdressing (via parentheses). When you first start out, you have very little personal experience, a few manuals (This site), and a starter kit (the first items you ever wore). Once you've mastered that first kit, you move onto to a bigger project (a complete outfit), and keep moving up from there. Eventually, you've become an expert in the field (going out in public and passing or at least having no issue with not passing). Here is where the path usually splits between the CD and the TS. The CD will remain at the expert stage, post on forums about her experiences, attend conventions and meetings to discuss her ideas and maybe even write a book. For the TS, being an expert isn't enough, and instead, the hobby becomes a full-time job in a sense.

I hope that analogy was not too confusing.

Building up from under to outer in clothing was my first. Starting with panties and bra, stuffing at first, then breast forms later. Camsoles, slips, half slips, skirts, blouses, dresses. The larger the wardrobe became, the more difficult the choices to make. Matching or finding suitable garments that didn't clash was often a time consumer. Then came wigs. Choice of coloring. Not very advanced yet but have numerous outfits and so many combinations, particularly in undies and lingerie, but also choices of skirts and blouses or dresses. Tough enough choosing now but then will be even tougher when I decide to brave makeup and I know that will be very time consuming.

Banned Read only
    For me it has always has been deciding if I really have to get out of bed in the morning.

What color my hair is going to be today!
    I've been switching up lately. Sometimes I feel like a blonde....sometimes I don't. So I go with brunette. My natural hair is growing back out again but I've grown quite accustomed to the flexibility that wearing a wig can present.
    I still haven't figured out if blondes have more fun or not. So far it doesn't seem to matter what's on top of my head cuz people seem to concentrate on whats below it!
    In any event.... IT'S ALL GOOD!!
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Interesting thread, Dawn! Thot provoking for me.

I realize I spend lot's of time thinking about the things I DON'T HAVE! Like skirts. I have over a hundred. But just realized I don't have enuff "twirl" skirts! The kind u wear for dancing. When u spin, they flare straight out. So, I'm now looking for those. After I get a few, something ELSE I don't have will come to my attention. And, so it goes. Until I own a wartehouse building FULL of ladies things!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

1st item was a wig, oddly the first one looked terrible, later after I learned to sweep it across my face, it looked very nice.

2nd was shapewear, I made butt pads from shoulder pads and breast forms from couch cushions.

3rd was footwear, I wear a 10.5 endrabbe size and discovered that I could wear womens open toe 9.0's and larger.
    Open Toe, High Heel, Ankle Wrap Pumps have a nickname that I cannot say here or get Caned

4th was dresses, fooling around with skirts involves a matching blouse, time consuming..
    I do have a few see-thru gause type cotton blouses from Wal-Mart that are FINE and work well with several skirts.

5th was make-up, oddly very easy for me to pick up, reading Cosmo for years had me up on tricks and tips.
    Foundation is the most expensive item in my wardrobe[excluding one wig] and is the most important item for proper coverage.

I am way too obsessed with shoes. I often try on half a dozen pairs after donning my outfit for the day to decide which one will be exactly right with what I'm wearing, how I'm feeling, where I'm going and what I'm doing on that outing.

But it's fun!

- Diane

i spend max time to decide what colour of panties i should wear.

Recently, I've been spending my time with makeup. Which brand, shade, and deal.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

I tend to favor the "Think Less, Act More" philosophy in life.

I suppose I devote time based upon its personal priority in my life, with most "projects". I am the "queen" of multi-tasking, lol. I always have way too many projects going simultaneously. I am so curious about everything and life is just too d**m interesting I guess.

Last night I transferred my favorite wig to the "mop department", lol. I decided the reason my skin has been itching is that the material and adhesive of the wig-cap foundation was deteriorating! Eeeeeew! Disgusting, but true.

So, I guess my priority right now is wig-shopping (although I do have many) for wigs made in a reputable manufacturing country, eh?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I can't think of anything that I spend too much time at when it comes to dressing! 'Cept today I realize I spent way too much time trying to think of what I spend too much time at!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I spend the most time deciding what outfit to wear...then what lingerie to wear under it....then doing my makeup....then at the end of the day struggling with not wanting to take everything off...except that my nightie is waiting...lol...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

A while back my GG friend that's been helping me bring Renee out stopped by my home to drop off some makeup. When I showed her my closet, she said, "from now on I'm calling you Imelda." It's ninety percent shoes for me.

Renee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

Shoes, I love shoes! then it would be skirts, I have to many and looking for more.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

i have spend a lot of time anti age creams for my face, i have bad pores and some lines, wish i could cover them any advice

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Should I have taken the Blue Pill?

Oh man. Started with sexy heels.
    Then a Skirt.
    Then more shoes.
    Then a dress.
    Then more shoes.
    Then a bra.
    Then more shoes.

shoes!! I love shopping for my shoes

For me, it's all about the shoes. I don't do breast forms and wigs so that's even more time for ...shoes! After shoes, it's makeup.

But I do have limits and everything is always on sale (well, maybe not always the makeup).

50% wigs, 40% shoes, and everything else 10%. I really enjoy browsing online.

Gold Member
    What to wear? I don't tend to stare at the closet in indecision because I have been thinking about it for days leading up to a dressing day. Bad habit!

Former Member
    What color lipstick goes best with my outfit?

One... Stop looking for the perfect wig. Just get something that works with your face shape. And B... Buy a second wig as a backup option. I usually have 10 at any one time. 2 or 3 favorites and the rest play hair. If I find something I like as good or as better then the one or more will be voted off the island! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I spend the most time trying to find the best skirts/pants/dresses for my body type. Tops are very easy. I don't normally wear a wig so I haven't bought a wig in a while. Cute shoes are easy to find, but require some smart shopping and looking at the quality more than anything.

So for me it's trying to make sure I have a skirt/pants/dress that makes my butt look nice and doesn't show my man parts. Really hard to do with pants but I like pants too much to give them up. I think they're more suited to a female than a male and can make your body look a lot nicer than it actually is, if they fit right and are styled well.

Makeup can require some trial and error type shopping but once you find the right stuff you're pretty well set unless you just feel like trying something new.
    "I am the beginning and the end. I bring order into chaos. "
    "I never tell the truth, because I do not believe such a thing exists. Truth, is in the eye of the beholder."
    "Since my customary farewell would appear oddly self serving, I shall simply say, good luck."
    "We give no crap, and we take very little."