Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Femm Glasses

Femm Glasses

Has anyone gotten prescripion glasses? ...... My wife and I had to take a trip to So.Cal , and on the way back at OC airport, and after being searched by TSA later my glasses came up missing! well we got home and the next day I went to the mall to get some new ones. I have wanted femm glasses for a long time, the ones I have were not male or female looking and served my femm side well but I wanted more femm looking ones. Binyons had a two for one sale going on and I told the sa this pair and umm... this pair -- he say's those are womens glasses.... er, yes I know,-- OK just so you know they'er purple........later that afternoon when they were ready he was fitting them to me -- first my guy glasses then the femm glasses and comments - it's always nice to have a fun pair glasses!

Has anyone had any expierence getting femm glasses?............Debra

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    I have went enfemme to try on different frames..just haven't had the need to swap them out yet...but that is coming on.
    I told the SA my reasoning behind finding Femme frames and she spent many minutes helping me out and offering me advice...I look forward to going back as i already know the style now of frames that look good on me.
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

I have some frames diane keaton would wear.. They look very professional..
    Eyes alight with glowing hair
    all that fancy paints as fair
    she takes her fan and throws it
    in the lion's den..

I walked into JCP drab and said I wanted to take advantage of their $80 sale. She said OK and I starting perusing the women's frames.
    She advised they were the women's frames and I advised I knew. Business as usual after that.

A few months later I got all dolled up and went back to have a missing screw added (exciting life, I know). The SA put in the screw then
    beckoned me over to the table to make sure they fit properly etc. Yikes, literally one foot away staring intently at me. Tell ya what, either
    he's the best actor alive, or I passed the audition :-)

I so want fem ones, I love the women's styles. I am due in about 6 months and I WILL be getting some femme glasses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

I am going to post a pic when I have a chance to put my makeup on with the glasses .......maybe tomarrow.....Debra
    Last edited by Debra Russell; 08-06-2011 at 03:03 PM.

I will get my first pair of fem glasses tuesday the nineth! Can't wait!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

In a way i'm sorry I don't have to wear glasses with all the cute frames in the stores. However, I do have the cutest sunglass I have seen in a long time, I either got them at Fashion Bug or Dress barn, I really don't remember which, but I wear them anytime I need them.
    Alice

I just bought a pair from Zennioptical.com. They let you upload a picture of yourself that you then can click on different frames and see what you will look like. Picture needs to be square w/o tilting the head and w/o glasses. You take your prescription and have to add the PD (pupil distance) most prescriptions leave that off. Anyway in a week & half they appear in the mail box. My progressive lens glasses was only $28.90.
    [SIZE="3"]
    *** Barbie Lanai ***
    [/SIZE]

My primary glasses are Gloria Vanderbilt. Women's frames are smaller than men's - and that means less weight on my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by barbie lanai View Post
    I just bought a pair from Zennioptical.com. They let you upload a picture of yourself that you then can click on different frames and see what you will look like. Picture needs to be square w/o tilting the head and w/o glasses. You take your prescription and have to add the PD (pupil distance) most prescriptions leave that off. Anyway in a week & half they appear in the mail box. My progressive lens glasses was only $28.90.
    I went the same route but haven't received my glasses yet. Delivery time is about two weeks. Mine cost a bit more because I went for the the high index material to get the lenses thinner, but they were still less than $90 including shipping.

I was very impressed with the method of uploading a picture to try on glasses. I collected a dozen or so possiblities in my "favorites" then tried them on side-by-side images until I found the one I liked the best. The uploaded picture disappears after a day or so.

They sent me an email to verify the prescription (one of my numbers is unusually high) and addressed me as "Mr/Ms"

There is an easy way to measure the interrpupilary distance that is usually omitted from prescriptions. Get a ruler graduated in millimeters. Hold the ruler against the bridge of your nose and look into a mirror with the ruler lined up with your pupils. Close the eye furthest from the zero mark and line the zero mark up with center of the pupil of the open eye. Quickly close that eye, open the other, and note the reading on the ruler at the center of the pupil of that eye. Do this several times to make sure that you are getting consistant measurements.

It will be interesting to see how these glasses come out. If they are good, I wll be using Zenni for all my glasses as they are about half the price of Lenscrafters.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I don't always wear glasses in fem mode but have a pair of Versace and a Kenneth Cole pair, they're both older but still fashionable. The K.Cole's are a very dark purple and could be unisex, at least I wear them in boy mode too.

It seems to me that frames are going more unisex anymore, the color withstanding.

When we first ordered from Zennioptical (three years ago or so), my wife ordered one pair of glasses from her usual source and a second pair from Zenni. That way she could compare and see if the usual 5X price was worth it. Didn't take her long to decide the Zenni's were just as good and she liked them better. My vision is OK for far, but need reading glasses for near stuff. I figured for the price of about 2x drug store reading glasses, I could have progressives with the reading glass portion built in. That way didn't have to look over the tops or wear the "granny" look reading glasses. Had an eye exam and the right eye needed a bit of correction, so now better than before.

There's extra charge for anti-reflective coating, and you can get the lense tinted in one of several colors and intensities for a extra fee as well.
    [SIZE="3"]
    *** Barbie Lanai ***
    [/SIZE]

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Fortunately I don't need prescription glasses at this time! However, I do need reading glasses and have worn only feminine ones for about 10 years. My late wife and I both liked the look of the feminine ones so that was it! And it still is!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I have a pari of reading glasses that are only for Alice. Love them.

Silver Member
    Mine are "unisex" but at Lenscrafters they occasionally will have "women's" frames in the men's section. My second choice was an ann Klien frame. She only makes women's frames and they were promenently placed in the men's section. Mine are "unisex' but on the femme side of that range! Next time I think the ann kliens will be my choice. Anyone have Costco glasses they are supposed to be good and inexpensive? Enjoy!!

I bought a pair of Dior 3161(??)'s last year. A couple weeks ago, my prescription sunglasses took a walk, so I picked out a cool pair of ladies glasses.

The SA's response was something like, "Umm, I suppose you could think of those as unisex."
    Life is simple math: Expectations - Realisations = Disappointments.
    Tell ya what... I won't be too easily annoying, if you won't be too easily annoyed!
    Blogging | Twitter | Google+ |
    Acceptance comes in asking yourself the questions... and not caring what the answers are.

I have three pairs -- one very femme (seen in the avatar), one very neutral and unisex, and one fairly heavy and masculine. Ironically, these last ones actually came from the women's section too, but are my normal "guy" pair. I always go dressed to the optical shop so there will be no question about why I'm shopping the women's frames (and it's a fun outing, too).

- Diane

I get mine at www.glassesshop.com
    I just ask my eye dr for a copy of the prescription each year and then shop the frames they offer. I measure my frames to make sure the size is correct and voila.
    The last pair were progressive lenses and complete cost me about $75.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Hi.

The 2 $ shop is quite good for sunny's & that's all i wear. as it goes , femm & i get nice comments they are two pairs orange a light colour so good for walking around & driveing ,oh no rims

the others are dark greenwith rims allso femm so im covered .

...noeleena...

Years ago I bought my first pair of femme glasses at one of those chain stores with a 2 for 1 special. I picked out a cute bluish femme frame for the second pair. The male SA looked over at my wife and said "you know these are female glasses? are you OK with that?" to which my wife did not respond (she is tolerant but not in love with Robyn).

Since we just moved back to Kentucky, I know those glasses are in a box, but for the life of me I can't remember which one. Oh well, only 100 more boxes to open!"

I have a pair of girl sunglasses I wear everyday when I'm driving.

I was told i needed reading glasses and i ordered a pair of male glasses, when i was ordering them the sales lady told me that i could also go to department stores and buy cheaper one's for work, and she gave me the number on the glasses to look for. So i went to a small department store and found a black pair with diamonds down the sides but they didn't have the number i needed, the sales man came over and i ask hm if he had this in #1, he was checking through the rack when he said to me maybe your wife would like another pair, i said no there for me. He said these are woman's glasses. I said i know i can't see very well but i could see these are ladies glasses. He didn't say nothing and found them and walked away. There great, wearing them now.

The last time that I got new glasses I bought one pair for my male self and one for my fem self.
    Hugs, Carole

My last eye exam (and I'm past due for another one), I went to JC Penney optical, had a complete eye exam, and then came time to pick out my new frames. I told the female technician that I wanted a male frame and two feminine frames and I explained why. I decided on the male frames myself but she helped me choose the femme frames. She told me the glasses would be ready in a week and that she would call me to pick them up. I told her that I would be dressed so that I could see how the new frames looked with wig and makeup.

When I came in for the fitting and adjustment she didn't recognize me until I said who I was. She fitted me with my male frames first and then the femme frames. My clear glasses are in a pink aluminum frame and my sun glasses are in a red plastic frame. She complimented me on how both frames looked and said that both accentuated my feminine personna. I left the optical dept. wearing my new glasses and did a bit of shopping in Penney's and other stores in the mall. My femme glasses are the best accessory yet.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land