Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Much Shrinkage?

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andy85 View Post
    Melody, even though we had out little spat, I'm willing to put it behind me if you are. Just PM me if you wouldn't care.

I've never taken herbal anything. Been on Estrofem and Spiro all 3 years. I meant to add in that post that I don't have random erections anymore. If I get turned on it works like normal, but otherwise nothing.
    If you are taking that regime, and you still have ejaculate ... you should probably have your levels tested ... and if they are in a female range, then it would seem like a time to up the dose of either or both. That combo should have shut down both your testicles and prostate by now (heck, by 5 months or so). What has your doc said ? "Function" being maintained is relatively normal, but the fluids... they should be gone.
    There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.

I have been on estrogen for about four years. About a year and a half ago
    I began taking my estrogen by injection. Soon after this I began to see undeniable
    physical changes. One of these was shrinkage. How much? A lot. I am pretty teeny-tiny
    down there now.

8 mths hrt, from a well in dowd, sizy male appendage to an exquisitely soft and about the half size of the original. Testes shrunk about 4 times their original circumference to about size of a large bean and surrounding tissue did the same shrinking to near null existence. All that is insignificant now because skillful surgeon will render them for ever removed from this female body, ahhhh...........at once to feel mornings essence infiltrate every sense, enveloping its exquisite sent throughout as mother does her girl, her child.

my testicle shrinkage is about 30%, my penis is more, it it looks and feels like when I was about 7 ot 8 years old

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn Martin View Post
    My testes have shrunk to the size of cherries and have retracted into the body, so that there is no "package visible anymore. Penis has gone completely flaccid and tissue has lost volume so that it is now about 1/3rd smaller than before. It's time for surgery.
    That is "exactly: what has happened to me. It's great not having any testes to deal with as they are no longer down there but up inside of me. I am at two years HRT and in large dosages. My "T" levels are less than 0.05 and my Estrodiol is at female adolescence levels so YES, my hormones are ragging and I am REALLY going through another puberty.

Just call Me: "W - O - M - A - N"

As King said: "I'm free at last, I'm free at last.
    Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"

Well, let's see. After 3 months HRT there's no real change yet in Mr Happy's size, the boys are somewhat smaller (but I unfortunately did not do a pre-HRT measurement of any sort to compare). But they stay up and out of the way about half the time and always after any sort of exercise, so when I do tuck it's very easy. Even now I'm hanging out at the house in skin tight jeans and you'd be hard pressed to see any sort of bulge, and no effort to tuck was made at all.

Within just a few days after starting HRT the quality of my ejaculate became very thin and hardly viscous at all. Shortly thereafter no involuntary erections - I can still get one but it takes FOREVER to bring that rascal to attention. And now at 3 months quantity of ejaculate is literally a few drops at best.

And some good news today. Back in February I had a prostate biopsy (no fun at all, by the way) because my PSA level was fairly high and it was somewhat enlarged and they wanted to see if there was cancer (there was not). Today I went in for the recheck, the size is normal and so is the PSA level.

Hooray for estrogen!
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.

Well I go to see my endo for my 6 month check up in exactly 2 weeks, so I suppose I have been on HRT for 5.5 months now. I started out with the typical "starter" dosages, and am now up to a pretty typical dosage of both Spiro and E. I am hoping to increase my E in 2 weeks... but that is a different issue.

My experience has been that size reduction is dosage dependent - which shouldn't be a big shocker. Initially I had SOME shrinkage, but not a whole bunch. The big thing initially was that my sex drive almost disappeared all together. I went from the pretty typical "Once a day" routine to once a week? Once every 2 weeks? I went from thinking about sex every 2 minutes to - when I wanted to. I noticed a relatively large reduction in ejaculate after the first few weeks too. I think the biggest thing i noticed initially was painful erections (When I had them). After my dosage increased to where it is today I noticed a pretty good reduction in size. Testicle volume is down to 30-50% of where it was before - and tends to vary a little bit depending on how... full... they are... Penile volume is down too, but not by as much. That one is hard to judge fairly. I was always a "grower" and relatively well endowed (lucky me!). Now I generally don't get an erection, (it is still quite painful) and even when I do, I try to keep the time that I am erect to a minimum... or prevent getting completely erect in the first place - so it is hard to judge just how big the bishop still is. But even flaccid it is definitely smaller than it was. It is not everything I hope for, and I am still able to have erections, but it is definitely movement in the right direction. One of the weirder experiences is that on the rare occasion when I do still get an erection, it feels much bigger and harder than it actually is.

I did have one really surprising and amusing thing happen. Well, it is amusing NOW... not so much at the time. When I was a teen, I was an only child of single parent... So I had plenty of "alone time..." and I didn't have a whole lot of shame surrounding masturbation... which resulted in my never having a wet dream... Until like 2-3 months ago. With my drastically reduced libido and my drastically reduced activity level - there was apparently sufficient time for things to fill to the tipping point and one night I woke up and wen't "What the hell?" I thought that I was bleeding or that there was something pretty drastically wrong until I realized what it was... and then... face-palm.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe