Thread: addicted to this site?

addicted to this site?

I feel that I am addicted to this site. I have had the entire weekend to myself, and the most of it can be traced to this website. I should be cleaning my room and getting laundry done right now, but I am writing this out of addiction. lol. I think we should start a "cd.com rehab" because it takes over my life. haha. Anyways, I am going to get my room clean while I can still be jess (as in guy mode i have no desire to clean whatsoever)

Quick poll, anyone else feel addicted to this site, or that they spend more time here than they would prefer?

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I was addicted to this site, but now I'm addicted to Facebook. It's like this was a gateway drug for something worse. After that I'll probably move on to Twitter and finally just stick my finger in the usb port.

In reality, I've found that life off the computer acts as a governor to how much time I can spend here or on other web sites. When winter rolls around I'll be here more often as some of my options and obligations tail off as the light outside changes my options.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

This site could be additive. I just read the post that sound interesting. I use to spend more time in here in the past. In general, the whole internet scene is addictive. I try to limit myself on everything so I can get things done. Sometimes its hard.
    lmildcd is now known as Lennette Lost.

For the first year I was on this site, I was addicted to it reading almost every post in this forum. Then it started to taper off. Now I open it every day and scan the new subject lines, but I've seen most of the discussions several times by now so it is harder to find something 'new' that I haven't read a dozen times.

So now my addiction is Facebook, or a site called 'Reddit.com' (news, jokes, photos, etc).
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

I wouldn't say addicted to this site is accurate but it is nice to have a place to stop in at any point in your day and read what others have to say. Kind of like smoking but more healthy.
    "I am the beginning and the end. I bring order into chaos. "
    "I never tell the truth, because I do not believe such a thing exists. Truth, is in the eye of the beholder."
    "Since my customary farewell would appear oddly self serving, I shall simply say, good luck."
    "We give no crap, and we take very little."

Gold Member
    Who? Me? Not on your life.

Silver Member
    Quick poll, anyone else feel addicted to this site, or that they spend more time here than they would prefer?
    I was just thinking of all the things I should be doing, or should have already done today. Yet here I am, responding to this.

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    No not addicted, but I do like to visit several times a day and read posts and reply once and a while.

Hugs
    Trisha

I don't know about addicted but on a Sunday's like today i think i signed in about five time's. Just want to see whats going on as on Sundays there's always seems to be more action threw out the day. Love this site.

I can quit when ever I want!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I am not addicted. I can walk away from my laptop anytime. After all-thats what smart phones are for right ?

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I can quit when ever I want!!
    Er, How many posts do you have? The woman is in denial!!!!

My first response was no way, I just like to be here. But after review I think maybe I am. I miss it when I am gone (withdrawal) and feel good when I am on (High) so I guess I need to call it what it is!
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

i think i find a lot new stories on this site and being a new one on the site i'm learning a lot so it be addicted

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Er, How many posts do you have? The woman is in denial!!!!
    Lol. I have almost 20,000 posts on makeuptalk! I'm just addicted to posting!

.......My Photos

I’m not an addict. Addicts go to recovery meetings. I don’t.

I can easily “quit” any “addiction”.
    Take smoking for an example. I decided I needed to stop that disgusting and addictive habit. So I just stopped...in one day. Now, the only time I smoke is when I want a cigarette.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am addicted, but I do not have withdraw symptons if i don't log on. It is interseting to hear about others good expierences and empathize with the not so lucky. It's an avenue to express your true self. Wish this site and the interner were around 30 years ago.

This site is in 2nd place for my visiting history..
    Eyes alight with glowing hair
    all that fancy paints as fair
    she takes her fan and throws it
    in the lion's den..

I'm not addicted, but I do enjoy what time I am alotting myself to spend here. Love to catch up and gossip as much as the next girl!

Aspiring Member
    Not a day goes by without a FIX. Sincerely. Dianne.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Charles View Post
    I was addicted to this site, but now I'm addicted to Facebook. It's like this was a gateway drug for something worse. After that I'll probably move on to Twitter and finally just stick my finger in the usb port.
    Yeah! Since Yahoo 360 went away I love posting my daily ranting on FaceBook and reading yours and my other friends. Twitter really doesn't do anything for me.

.......My Photos

I have six sites I visit regularly. Takes time. I try to break away to take care of things, but sometimes I get lost (here on the 'net) and the time flys by. Am I addicted to this site? I guess you could say yes (and the other five). Like people live on FB. I visit here daily.

[QUOTE=Jess Marie;2564417]..., but I am writing this out of addiction. lol. I think we should start a "cd.com rehab" because it takes over my life. haha. .....]

Rehab is for quitters
    Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in HEELS!

Aspiring Member
    Who me? Addicted to this site? Just because I go in to it everyday that I am on my pc at all hours. If I miss a day on this site I feel like the world has passed me by and I have to catch up to it. I look at the first thing I do before bfast and then before I go to bed. Does that make me addicted? I usually only read the threads that are of interest to me. And the ones that don't have a million replies to it. I'm not addicted.

OR AM I!
    Diane Elizabeth