Thread: Here's to new beginnings.

Here's to new beginnings.

So the day finally came, and my wife who encouraged me to begin dressing again decided that she can’t be married to a crossdresser anymore. Basically threw me out of the house. So I am now sitting in my new apartment trying to start my new life alone. On some level I feel relived and excited that I will no longer have to answer to anyone and can now freely explore my softer side. I get to dress a lot now and love that freedom. There are times when I am down and feel like purging and am sure that I will stop dressing, but I know that will not happen. I love the person I am and am very excited to see where my life will now go. Well, here is to new beginnings and brighter days ahead.
    Ummm...yeah...what Shania said.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/57310119@N04/

Congratulations on your new life. Enjoy and live it as best you can. It is interesting how fickle real women can be sometimes. She is probably better off now too. I wish the best for both of you.

I wish you well but remained puzzled as to why your wife would encourage you and then drop a bomb like that.

I'm really sorry to hear about this and glad that your outlook is positive.

I do have a question. You said she threw you out of the house. Isn't it your house too? There may be legal ramifications in her retaining possession while you move out. Be sure to safeguard your legal standing.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

hiya patty,

Although break-ups are certainly no picnic...

The one thing I believe makes all the difference in both partners ability to "move on" confidently is...
    The belief that you did everything in your power to find every possible way to salvage the relationship and make it work before the decision to split up.

Hopefully, you at least came close to this before your SO eliminated that option.

You will survive and be happy again. Keep your chin up...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Someone once said that life is 20% what happens to us and 80% how we react to it. Here's to new beginnings, I hope you adjust well and live a happy life. If she cannot accept who you are, it sounds like it might be best for both of you.

Silver Member
    She probably just needed more closet space. Of course she will bring up your dressing during the divorce proceeding and to her friends, neighbors, and anyone else who will listen.
    May not be pretty.

Platinum Member
    Sorry about the marriage. I guess marriage is always a crap shoot...even with a "supportive spouse". Of course, sometimes dressing is just an excuse to end... At this point, I guess it doesn't matter any more.

The important thing is that you love the person that you are. that is so profoundly critical to your future happiness. Enjoy the road ahead!

Life goes on, and sometimes it get better, way better! I am so glad I'm on my second marriage, you can find someone that accepts us for what we are, I did, and life got better than I ever thought it could. Give yourself time, enjoy the freedom, and then get back in the game.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Patti, I am so sorry to hear that. Know that you have friends here on crossdressers.com as you work your way through this.

Big mistake to move out. You should have stood firm and told her if whe wished to split, then she can move. You will find out why I say this when it comes to the property settlement. If you don't already have a lawyer, you should get a good one ASAP. Also, make note of the exact time and date that you moved out. PA law states that this date is the termination for claims on marital assets. Anything that you acquire from here on in is yours. Example--you win the lottery now, she has no claim.

I might sound very blunt and brash, but I have been there. The divorce is easy. The property settlement is a bear and very stressful. When the lawyers get involved, the gloves are off. That is why a good lawyer is important at this time. From the marital assets, you could end up with a lot, a little bit, or absolutely nothing. Start planning now.

Good luck,

Jodi

Hi Patti--It will get better --My wife left me a year ago--tough pill to swallow but Im happy too be be myself as well.