Thread: my feminine side?

my feminine side?

so i'm at work today, doing a little trash talking with the guys and one of them, a recent hire made a comment about me being in touch with my feminine side. i didn't really respond to this, but it got me to thinking about things.i wondered did he make the comment because i show a feminine side or was he just talking smack? in other words, is one of the things that is different about me is this: even though i am pretty much a straight acting male in real life, do i show a feminine side? i wonder how many of us on this website show a feminine side?

it's kind of ironic that this happened just one day after a conversation with my SO. i was talking to her about taking the COAGTI test, my score, and things of that nature. i scored -25 on the coagti test, which puts me almost in the middle. i told her that when i am around guys that are talking about sports i really feel out of place and that is something a lot of women experience. i also told her that one of the many things i like about cross dressing is being able to experience what it is like to be a woman on a part-time basis.

i guess what i am getting at is i think i would show a feminine side in my life even if i wasn't bi or ever cross dressed. i think maybe the reason i am on this website is just another part of my journey through life, understanding who i am and how i function. i think it is true that i have a lot of characteristics, mannerisms and thoughts that some women do. don't get me wrong, i enjoy being a man and all it has to offer and would not change it unless that was some miraculous way (and there is not as far as I know) to be a real woman. and by that i mean a real, as you were born woman.

so besides who else shows a feminine side in their life?
    Last edited by cassandra54; 09-02-2011 at 05:45 AM. Reason: original story was too convuluted

"You can be anything you want to be. Just turn yourself into anything you think that you could ever be." --Freddie Mercury

Labels can be useful, but you don't have to impose them on yourself. It sounds like you have a good idea of what you want, and it's OK to simply follow that where it leads, and let the names for what you are come as they will.

I am a oddball among males too. Don't care for sports or any manly hobbies. I find my self socializing with the women while the men adjourn to watch or talk sports. I am more interested in child rearing,cooking, sewing, shopping and latest gossip. I am a Virgo. love to read love stories and watch "chic" flicks. I know i am different. Mostly I am me.

I have always felt out of place with most guy talks, I remember growing up and all my cousins were around, they would talk cars and sports and I would be in with my mom and aunts talking or helping cook. I still feel out of place talking about sports.

i like talking about cars since i have a fast car myself, but i can't wait to drive it wearing a skirt and seeing the tops of my nylons while i am shifting gears, lol

Hello cassandra and all! ;p
    Observer tend to classify comportement. People are often "acting" to look like they want instead of "Being" and not caring about people opinion. So its "natural" in our society to give feminine aspect to a male who does like sport or wtv. So in that perspective i will say yes, i show a permanent feminine side ;p But im liking guys stuff too! so who is the final judge? Ourself. We know how we feel (if we listen to ourself) and can act in that matter. I dont see it bad to like cooking, taking care of ourself, playing with children etc. (women stuff hein?) well No. Ther's no line of conduct. Except for procreation act ;p
    Forget about people judgment but care a lot about your own mind! ;p
    [SIZE="3"]Be honest with yourself. And yes! Im a Gender Atheist.[/SIZE]

Nothing wrong in showing your feminine side while in male mode. We all do it in some way. For me its my nails. I don't wear false ones so mine are natural and long for a man. Just my 2 cents worth!

Joanna
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be who you are...not who you think I want you to be

I started a thread about it, but the short story is, I was giving my wife a hard time about wearing her "moo-moo" (sack dress) around the house. Finally I said, if you're going to wear one, I want one too. She got one out of the drawer and gave it to me. I wore it a couple times and told her it was too short. The next day she came home with two new ones for me to wear. One has lace around the neckline.

Now she says I am getting in touch with my feminine side. I'll let her believe that, but really I'm wearing a dress in front of her, one that she bought for me. I'm going to ask her for panties next, then a bra, .....................
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Worried about your fem side? I don't quite understand why the world seems to think that all guys have to follow the so called pro sports and live their life wishing that they too could be like the overpaid babies that are in pro sports now. Just because you dont sit all weekend with your wife beater t shirt and a belly full of beer does not mean that your fem side is showing. We can all be in touch with it, even the macho guys that think we are odd have it and they fricking well now it. Stay in touch with it and life will be good.

Hi,

people who are perceptive are more likely to see past the exteria of a person wether male or female tho most males only see what they wont to as a show of im a male whos in control , yet in the 60's i was with a group mixed & a woman told me 4 year ago when she saw me on T V she was not surprised i was a woman she knew i was different & the same for a guy Jos & i know who told Jos.

I did not act male tho is some of any way i just showed well tryed to iwas both male & female, not one or the other well i was picked up on that.
    Even my manerisms & how i behaved more so around women & girls , as another girl woman would i never hide who i was just never said any thing,

For me it had nothing to do with clothes or the like , its about the real who you are thats picked up on being natural i did express that tho not in a way that i thought would show , yes well got that wrong.

There are things about us that others who tho we may not think would understand . as it is they do.. thats lovely when i hear of others & like you so thats neat.

& wether we can talk about sports . cars or building that does not say much its the person who they are. or you,

I can talk about cars well trucks tractors & heavy farm gear because i had to to fix them building i was trained. women too as well. it depends on your interests or work related details,

Your last few lines are for me are correct i am a woman intersexed. just different thats all. some of us are,
    The nice part is i dont have to prove who i am so being both is really pretty good.

You know what we ....are .... all different.

...noeleena...

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cassandra54 View Post
    so i'm at work today, doing a little trash talking with the guys and one of them, a recent hire made a comment about me being in touch with my feminine side. i didn't really respond to this, but it got me to thinking about things.i wondered did he make the comment because i show a feminine side or was he just talking smack?
    Possibly both. Were you expressing a viewpoint displaying empathy? Maybe defending women, perhaps? Or was the comment related to your appearance or mannerisms?

Additionally, many times guys tend to disparage or belittle others in an attempt to elevate their own status in the hierarchy of the male-dominated workplace. I see it everyday, and I labor in such an environment, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cassandra54
    i wonder how many of us on this website show a feminine side?
    I certainly hope I do!

Quote Originally Posted by cassandra54
    ...who else shows a feminine side in their life?
    I do, every chance I get. I'm an ardent feminist. Father of two daughters, brother of four younger sisters, I ceaselessly protect and aggessively defend women's rights. Think Gloria Steinem. I'm her male counterpart, and I'm not afraid to voice my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanna41 View Post
    Nothing wrong in showing your feminine side while in male mode. We all do it in some way. For me its my nails. I don't wear false ones so mine are natural and long for a man. Just my 2 cents worth!
    For me, it's my hair. I've vowed it'll never be cut again, and it's been almost six years now since it was. I'm really gentle with it, brushing ever so softly so as not to traumatize it. Washed every three days, conditioner applied when showering, and I'm pleased it's not thinning. My crowning glory, and all I have to do after dressing en femme is part it slightly off center to achieve a feminine hairstyle... even my GF likes it that way, and she's not too keen on my CD'ing tendencies, otherwise...

Joanna, I so wish I could grow my nails out, as well... but they look wayyy too femme if I do; in addition to my hair, and the fact I smoke Virginia Slims 120's, (already noticed, and commented on, by my co-workers), I think it best that I cut 'em down... or wear a bra, skirt, top, and cute shoes to work and remove all doubt!

Were you talking about cars, pubs, drinking beer after work?....and you said you would rather just go home take a bath and kick your heels off?
    Chickie

Some time ago, a male friend also mentioned that he was in touch with his feminine side and I've heard several men say this over the years. He was referring to his ability to feel his feelings and discuss them, and also to not be ashamed to drop the male macho mask. Not every guy is into sports and cars.

It seems odd to me that when men are just being human, they explain it away to themselves as "getting in touch with their feminine sides".
    Reine

I think society makes too much of the is "feminine side"/"masculine side" thing. It sells clothes and such, but really, who among us is all one way or the other?

I cook, I do the laundry, I sew, but I don't like to go to craft shows and I don't collect Christmas ornaments or figurines.

I repair things, build furniture, etc., but I'm not a sports fanatic.

I'm part in one "side" and part in the other. I suspect most people are if they will admit it.

Now I do see one difference. I can walk by a friend, say a few words, and keep on going. My wife will stop and talk untill I go get her or she has to go to the bathroom!
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Confusing, isn't it! My wife and daughter sew, I can only mend; my daughter and I own guns and shoot them, my wife won't do either; my wife and daughter fence, I know only a few basic strokes from theatre training; all three of us can cook and clean, though they are much better at both than I am!; my wife and I both do yardwork and she actively gardens, but I use power tools and she uses a machete - my daughter doesn't do yard work! I enjoy watching a number of sports but have played primarily baseball and softball and some tennis - my daughter has played soccer ("football") and baseball - my wife has played softball and tennis and enjoys watching baseball (her father's influence, I suspect).

Perhaps the fem-masculine thing has less to do with what we do than with how we do things, particularly in how we relate to other people and how we treat them? I do think that I've become more aware of and sensitive to other people's feelings and reactions and for some folks that's the feminine side - if so, I'm glad I found it!
    [SIZE="3"]Ellen James[/SIZE]

"Can man be free if woman be a slave" - Islam by Shelley

Temporarily 600 miles north of my San Diego
    People have always pointed out my feminine qualities, even when I was little. On the phone and in drive-thrus, people always think I'm a woman and address me as "ma'am." Sometimes, my girlfriend has me call companies and pose as her, much to our mutual enjoyment. My voice, mannerisms, and gestures all have a very distinct feminine flair. I love it! ^_^
    I don't try to look like a woman that fits in. I try to look like a woman that stands out.

http://www.facebook.com/maxinesnotdead

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen James View Post
    Perhaps the fem-masculine thing has less to do with what we do than with how we do things, particularly in how we relate to other people and how we treat them? I do think that I've become more aware of and sensitive to other people's feelings and reactions
    Precisely. And despite opinions to the contrary, there are many men who are sensitive. How can they not be when both partners work, they both share the household chores, they both take care of their kids including giving bottles and reading bedtime stories, and they both share in the decision making. Besides ... having lived in a household with 4 males (I don't have daughters), I can say that boys do put down their guard when they are with their wives, girlfriends, good female friends, and even their close male friends. I think the "macho" mask is there more for public scrutiny. There are differences between the genders of course, but the ability to know how one feels and to be sensitive to other people's feelings is not one of them.

... yet, why some men persist in calling this "getting in touch with feminine feelings" still eludes me.
    Last edited by ReineD; 09-02-2011 at 12:29 PM.
    Reine