Thread: Getting Ma'am'd

Getting Ma'am'd

I was going to post this in the TS section, but I feel that all mtf members of the trans-umbrella can relate to this and may also wish to share their stories.

Doesn't it feel great to be ma'am'd? I've been getting ma'am'd in boymode recently starting a few weeks ago, which is super awesome. Earlier today I was out getting some food, and the girl at the register asked "What can I get for you ma'am?" Then a second later she realized and was like "I mean SIR! soorrryyy." I told her that it was okay but deep down, I felt soo happy haha.

Yeah, my story wasn't that good lol, but I am really happy because it confirmed to me that I am making progress, since she corrected herself to say "sir" after. Before, I thought that people were probably actually just saying "man" to me lol, even though they were calling other people "sir" or "ma'am". I don't know, I guess I just have a hard time believing that I'm actually making progress.

So, anyone have any stories where they unexpectedly get ma'am'd?
    Last edited by CatAttack; 08-11-2011 at 02:53 AM.
    like shooting stars in a barrel

It used to happen a lot when I used to work in Retail. I've grown my hair out (about 4 inches from my buttocks) twice now, and with my thin frame coupled with a padded panty, in drab I still looked very femme from behind. So if I was stocking a shelf or something, at least 3-4 times a day someone would come up and ask, "Excuse me miss, do you work here?" and I'd reply with a chuckle in my tenor voice, to which would occasionally result in a "Miss..ter, I said Mister...Mr, do you work here?"

Hahaha I bet you turned a lot of people's worlds upside down when you responded with the deep voice!

I get Ma'amed about once a week. I love it!
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

I love being called ma-am! My best experiance was at a Wal-mart when a lady was coming out of the restroom held the door open for me! I thanked her and she said you are welcome ma-am!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I do enjoy being ma'am'd (usually happens in stores or restaurants)

Since letting my hair grow longer I have been ma'am'd a-lot in boy mode, I just love it.

I let my hair grow out a couple of years ago, to the point where it was fairly even in length everywhere, just resting on my shoulders in the back and on the sides, with the front at the same lenght. My hair is Blonde and quite thick and my wife tellls me that most women would be jealous of my hair. I am pretty much still an under-dresser, except for events where dressing in a costume is OK. When my hair was that length, I would quite often get Ma'amed while out shopping and wearing just jeans and a t-shirt.

I like being refered to as "ma-am" , but I love being called Miss, lol. Guess it makes me feel younger, lol.
    May everyone you love-love you
    Kimberly Ann
    www.flickr.com/photos/kimmie487

I like it too, along with being referred to as "ladies" when in groups. It's an affirmation that I'm doing something right!

I was a bit jarred when another CDer and I were twice referred to as "you guys" while shopping en femme. I'd never though about it, but this is a familiar form of address among GGs!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

The Girl in a blue dress. Jennifer B's Avatar
    Just to be different. I don't like it. For years I had hair down my back that I tied into a ponytail and until very recently I had hair that covered the back of my neck and I would get it at least once a week. With a pony tail I can understand it and can't complain, but with shortish hair I just didn't get it. It seems that a lot of people think that if you don't have a number 1 cut or if you have hair that actually reaches your ears then you must be a girl. I find that primitive. When dressed as a boy there is no feature to identify as a girl. Also when I'm being a boy I want to dress, look like, act like and be identified as who I am. When em femme I want the opposite and being mam'd then would be fantastic as I'd love to pass.

Ha, it's so great to hear everyone's stories and opinions. It just shows how diverse the TG umbrella is.

Cynthia: that sounds like it was a great experience! For some reason I always thought people at wal-mart would be less cool with crossing the gender norms. I don't know why I think this though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer B View Post
    Just to be different. I don't like it. For years I had hair down my back that I tied into a ponytail and until very recently I had hair that covered the back of my neck and I would get it at least once a week. With a pony tail I can understand it and can't complain, but with shortish hair I just didn't get it. It seems that a lot of people think that if you don't have a number 1 cut or if you have hair that actually reaches your ears then you must be a girl. I find that primitive. When dressed as a boy there is no feature to identify as a girl. Also when I'm being a boy I want to dress, look like, act like and be identified as who I am. When em femme I want the opposite and being mam'd then would be fantastic as I'd love to pass.
    I don't think this is true, I've always had longish hair as a boy anyways, and I never used to get gendered as a female. Maybe it just depends on the place that you live. I sort of live in a college town so it's not unusual for guys to have non-super buzzed haircuts. But there is a clear difference between long girl's hair and long boy's hair. And of course I respect your opinions, as many here like to keep a distinction between their male and female selves. But since I am transitioning, being gendered as a female in boymode means that I am doing something right finally!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I love getting mam'ed and fortunately it happens quite a lot in full-on girl mode but it's the the very best feeling when it happens when in girly guy mode. It doesn't happen very often as I have very short hair in boy mode but with a baseball cap, believe it or not it still on occasion it does happen. My wife thinks it's hilarious that people mamm me in boy mode as she just doesn't understand how they came to that conclusion. I guess people see my slim small frame, the fairly obvious girly tee, girly hoodie and jeans etc, subtle eye makeup, earrings, etc and figure well the perosn in front of them isn't very feminine, but they don't much look like a guy either (not the guys around here anyway) and so take a guess and sometimes they mamm me. I wish it happened in boy mode more but I would dislike it even more if I got sir'ed in full-on girl mode. That has happened a few times and let me tell you, that really sucks!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

The Girl in a blue dress. Jennifer B's Avatar
    Yep I think it does make a difference where you live. If I lived in London I am sure it would be different, but where I am now is the least cosmopolitan place you could picture, beautiful scenery but a bit "duelling banjos". If I was wearing earrings and make up, again I would understand it, because as you say there is a difference between long girl hair and long boy hair. Maybe I'm giving off something that I'm not aware of!

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    One of the first times I remember getting ma'amed was when I was working at a gas station. I was leaning over a counter that was behind the counter with the registers, probably working on some paper work. Some trucker asked the girl on register some question, she didn't know the answer, and then the trucker asked "well about that young girl over there, would she know?" I would have loved it, but rather I was extremely annoyed as I was still struggling with coming to terms. I was ma'amed a few times working there.
    Once I was walking down a city street at night, and a car with a few guys drove by, and one yelled "show me your tits."
    When I was working for an inventory company, I got ma'amed all the time, and for some reason most often at K-Mart and Lowes. I even answered to it a few times.
    And the last time I was ma'amed, I was wearing what I would have thought would have been unmistakable for a male attire, black denim jeans, black leather trench coat, and a black band shirt. That was also the first time anyone ma'amed me that didn't see me from behind. But it happened, during a fairly rough time, made me feel better, and hasn't happened since. That was at least two years ago. But I think it hasn't happened since because my hair has gotten pretty long, it's unstyled, and everybody now probably sees either a hippy or metal head.
    Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein

Thumbs up Cat, that's just a part of what this CDing thing all about, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by CatAttack;2567956 (#1)
    Doesn't it feel great to be ma'am'd? So, anyone have any stories where they unexpectedly get ma'am'd?
    Originally Posted by joan47 Do you think you might look a little effeminate in male mode with any feminine changes you have made or clothes you wear?
    Quick answer, "Not quite, Joan, but proudly getting there!" However, one lady at Walmart, as we (my SO and I) departed the store - with my 2 new women's short-shorts in hand that I had just bought for the onset of summer - even stopped us and gushed all over us as such a "Lovely Couple." Surprisingly, being 100% feminine, for almost 6 hours, sans makeup and wig, not one male even gave me a sideways glance today, that I was remotely aware of? (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...post2466979One #35)

BTW I had one other occurence happen to me like yours, Cat, and it was from a waiter standing over my right shoulder taking my SO and my orders when he slipped and absent-mindely said something like, "and, what's for you ma'am?" I was en femme sans wig and makeup then, too! OMG I loved it.

Cat, that's what this CDing thing all about, isn't it? Being positively recognized and accepted for what we are attempting to become by gadding about in costumes of the opposite sex?

I get Ma'am, ladied a lot. Yes, I have long hair, but the funniest one was yesterday - out with the wife, I'm in Motorcycle boots, pants, black shirt, vest (not leather MC vest, but a heated vest), baseball cap, hair tied back. We walk in the restaurant, we're greeted with "Hello ladies! Two for lunch?" We laughed. I mean, I can't GET any more butch!

Quote Originally Posted by Misti View Post
    Cat, that's what this CDing thing all about, isn't it? Being positively recognized and accepted for what we are attempting to become by gadding about in costumes of the opposite sex?
    Haha yeah, I agree with this except for the costumes part. I don't feel like it is a costume, because a costume would imply that it is false/fake, like an illusion.