Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are we ACTUALLY doing?

Speck, I don't think it matters what styles society defines as being appropriate for women to wear, no matter what culture, what century, how frilly, how plain, how long, or how short. Most CDs would want to wear them too, whether the motive is to emulate a woman or be a woman.

If we lived in a world where men wore only dresses & skirts and women wore only pants, CDs would want to wear pants too.

As to the burqa, in the Middle East I should think it would be necessary for a CD to wear one in public in order to be sure that any hint of his gender were well hidden, else the consequences would be dire. I'm guessing that in private he'd wear what women wear under their burqas.
    Reine

Too many men in the past have enjoyed a limited existence and now those that want to wear female designated clothing merely because they like them are unable to do so. The same is true of hair. Look at the history of male style all the way back to ancient Mesopotamia and you'll see that throughout history men have been aloud to have long hair, jewelry of all kinds, skirts/kilts, heels, wigs, and women in ancient Egypt are sometimes seen with fake beard pieces on their chin.

Modern society has deemed that men are no longer aloud to dress "frilly" or fancy and an attractive look for a man has evolved into a modest and clean look. I think if you asked 100 men if they think a tie or a suit is something they really enjoy wearing or feel attractive in, majority would probably answer NO! It really bothers me that men aren't aloud more freedom in that area. Some employers have a strict short hair, no facial hair, suit, tie policy while women are very loosely governed for personal fashion choices in the same company.

At my job a man is required to have no facial hair, short hair, shirt tucked in, solid black shoes, and khaki pants. A female at my work threw a hissy fit when she had to wear a t-shirt for the month that was required to be tucked in. She's attractive but has a large and out of shape butt, which was always covered by the loose and untucked shirt she normally wears. Meanwhile the men with the same problem that had been forced to show their fat out of shape butts to the world didn't have a problem and welcomed the change. They aren't sure how to govern my fashion choices so I get away with murder.
    Last edited by Kaitlyn26; 08-12-2011 at 12:53 AM.

Kaitlyn, what do you wear to work then?
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythos View Post
    Kaitlyn, what do you wear to work then?
    WHATEVA I WANT! No, I'm kidding. I wear black pants, slightly dressy shoes, a black long sleeve shirt, and the uniform shirt over that. I demanded that they give the female shirt and not the guys polo shirt.

What do you wear to work?
    Last edited by Kaitlyn26; 08-12-2011 at 01:07 AM.

Wink Que Sera, Que Sera!

Quote Originally Posted by Maddie22;2568347 (#1)
    What are we ACTUALLY doing? Please note that I'm not trying to get into a labeling thread, or accuse anyone of being anything but what they say they are.
    Maddie22, BTW what does "Maddie" stand for? It can't be for "Mad?" because as Reine (always the great sage (See her post)) says:
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD;2568541 (#17)
    And there is a better way to define the community as a whole, than simply "CD", and "TS".
    Edit - Great questions, BTW!
    Maddie, when I finally get to wear my wig, makeup and high heels "anytime and anywhere" I'll be better prepared to answer these thought provoking questions of yours.

In the meantime, it's going to have to remain: "Que Sera, Sera!"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Misti; 08-12-2011 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Trying to move pic up where it's meant to be??? Plus, correction on Que sera, sera

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Speck, I don't think it matters what styles society defines as being appropriate for women to wear, no matter what culture, what century, how frilly, how plain, how long, or how short. Most CDs would want to wear them too, whether the motive is to emulate a woman or be a woman.

If we lived in a world where men wore only dresses & skirts and women wore only pants, CDs would want to wear pants too.

As to the burqa, in the Middle East I should think it would be necessary for a CD to wear one in public in order to be sure that any hint of his gender were well hidden, else the consequences would be dire. I'm guessing that in private he'd wear what women wear under their burqas.
    ReineD,

Perhaps if the situation you described, "If we lived in a world where men wore only dresses & skirts and women wore only pants, CDs would want to wear pants too." existed I could provide more accuate input, thankfully it is not that way.

I really do find feminine clothing much more appealing to my tactile senses, and that includes both sensual and sensous feelings.

I also just like outer clothing that would normally be associated with women, and wear routinely women's shorts in various styles. Jogging shorts for men and women are not much different, and I also include
    cotton drawstring shorts with enough leg to not show something I don't want seen.
    I am a baby boomer, and for as long as I remember I never liked long shorts, it used to be cut off jeans.
    Jams, "those mid calf men's shorts " do nothing for me.

My brain would have to undergo extensive hardcoding to want to crossdress in a society such as you described, unless the women still wore the same undergarments as in our world.

Amanda

Karen
    kinda nailed that one for us all - certainly for me!
    Thx
    S

not really sure were i fit in you posting, as i dress all the time except for work. and there there is no requirement for what is on under the shirt and pants.

but when i dress to go out i try to as much as possible look like a proper lady, maybe dressed up just a tad more then most, but hay what is wrong with looking good. even told my mom why not dress up just to go to the food store. as she has the clothing and complains on not being able to ware them as no place to go.
    i see a lot of "older" lady's dressing up just to buy a loaf of bread. what better way to show off that dress.

Kaitlyn,
    For my computer job I do wear what ever I wish, excepting skirts and heels. I do wear leggings, the ocasional catsuit, nice, to clunky boots. I wear tops ranging from t-shirt, to more dressy styles. I wear the shirts in a tunic manner, always with a belt of some design around the waist.

Now for my flying job....jeans and T-shirt. I once wore my AA riding pants with a nice sweater, and my tall back zip boots once, and encountered no issues, but I don't want to press the issue....yet.

I totally concur that men have been denied many styles and looks, for no good reason. I have seen that this can be traced to the industrial revolution. All I know is I do get irritated when I see a big formal event and seeing all the ladies in varying outfits, and the men in....tuxedoes. Boring. LOL
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda Styles View Post
    I really do find feminine clothing much more appealing to my tactile senses, and that includes both sensual and sensous feelings.
    But, thinking out of the box for just a moment, imagine all clothes everywhere were made of the same fabric, and wearing dresses & skirts were strictly reserved for men (let's assume for "airing" purposes), and pants were strictly reserved for women (let's assume for modesty purposes), and your brain knew nothing else but this, don't you think that you would want to wear the pants if this is what it took to make you look feminine?

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda Styles View Post
    Jogging shorts for men and women are not much different, and I also include cotton drawstring shorts with enough leg to not show something I don't want seen.
    Case in point!
    Reine

I would have to agree with Amanda. I like to wear cami/panty or cami/short sets when I sleep. Some of them are cotton, so from a material perspetive, would be the same as a wife beater and breifs. The way that each fits my body is completely different, the camisole tops that I choose have a much different neck line, maybe a little lace around the edges and the straps over the shoulder are much thinner. The panties or shorts also fit completely different as well, the amount of leg and rear shown is quite different and therfore feels different too. I also have and wear mens string bikini type underwear that is made by jockey, unfortunately the don't make a top that I like as much as I like camisole's. So I would like to think that it is not just because it is made for a women, but because of the way it is styled.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythos View Post
    Kaitlyn,
    For my computer job I do wear what ever I wish, excepting skirts and heels. I do wear leggings, the ocasional catsuit, nice, to clunky boots. I wear tops ranging from t-shirt, to more dressy styles. I wear the shirts in a tunic manner, always with a belt of some design around the waist.

Now for my flying job....jeans and T-shirt. I once wore my AA riding pants with a nice sweater, and my tall back zip boots once, and encountered no issues, but I don't want to press the issue....yet.

I totally concur that men have been denied many styles and looks, for no good reason. I have seen that this can be traced to the industrial revolution. All I know is I do get irritated when I see a big formal event and seeing all the ladies in varying outfits, and the men in....tuxedoes. Boring. LOL
    Or if they're really going to be a rebel a pinstripe suit! Pretty much the only outlet for real color on a man's outfit is a tie, which in my opinion is a bad looking piece of clothing.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddie22
    What are we ACTUALLY doing?
    [SIZE="2"]I don’t know what you’re actually doing, or what “we” are ACTUALLY doing, but I’m actively suppressing the male that I’m burdened with – he wants to dominate the proceedings, you know, but I WON’T have it. To me, it’s more about covering up my male “self,” or tucking him away entirely, than emulating a female in some way. Can you dig it? I seek freedom from masculinity via crossdressing, but I recognize that everyone has their own personal reasons for doing this…

PS -- I have a black female cat named Maddie...
    [/SIZE]

I'm not sure if I even understand the question, but I know I dress different at different times, for different reasons.When I have time, and feel real frilly, like now, it's full forms, pads and wig, make up and nylons with a skirt and blouse, heels of course. When I don't feel so frilly, it's a pair of Capri leggings, cute tee, and flats, no wig, no make up. I can hang out that way all day and be very comfortable. Some days, under dressing is good enough to keep me centered. So I guess some days I'm a cross dresser, some days I'm a cross genderist, and some days just a freak.
    Oh, and Renee, your right, if they sold the same skirt in both the mens and womens section, and the had different labels, and the mens was sold at a cheaper price, I would still want the one in the womens section. And in your upside down world, I would want to wear those pants and throw away those old nasty mens skirts.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Hi maddie and all!
    You got a Really good subject there Maddie! I need to buzzle my mind for a sec ;p
    I wont go to all the question and go straight to the bull. What are we ACTUALLY doing?

My opinion is that we personalize an emotional desire caused by a long-time unused primitiv instinct. Reproduction.
    An over-exposure of Sexy women in our daily life is trigering a unconscious need that we cant fulfill. The over-flow is triging weird comportement like pedofilia, homosexuality, rape, exess of masturbation (*** I dont want to offence anybody here, iv been searching before Cd too***) But seems to be emotionaly appease by acting like the desire source. A state of peace and balance can be achieved by merging the emotional desire to ourself. Combine that to the free anonymous live comunication device (other call that internet ;p) and u can express yourself like never in life. In real-life, a full conversion (tran) is needed to be effective but with another social environement, a partial transformation (Cd) work find! Cause its all in the Head! We trick our sense to feel like we want.

1- Life doesnt need both sex to procreate but our species does. So we r born with a male or female organ to fullfill the only point in life... Have a next generation. Over time sex develop some advantage. Male got fast and numerous potencial. And female slow, choosing partner, creating life, birthing and nursing responsibilities. In nature, Female got the power.

2-Human got Inteligence and Reason. We understand the advantage of both sex and exploit them for hunting, dominate ground or nursing and caring. But religion as set it foot there.. imbalencing the sex... you all know the story.. reduce the women to a servant.. a slave.. That by the way as greatly damaged our Dna Potencial... but until modern days.. Male got the uper-hand

3-Modern day. Over-crowded city, Multinational live comunication. Woman is more a toy than a mother. And we man... Cannot do the only thing we were created in first place... Reproduce... and after that... we lost the second thing we were useful... Bringing food.. money.. welth.. Women does all that those days! So we r kinda useless. Really!!!

4-We got Emotion!! We are deeply feeling that useless emotion... And got a profound desire that we dont understand with our modern "logic" brain... So... We Express ourself in what will feel usefull in a way... And ther's a lot of misunderstanding of that biological process. Even now...

***All this is hapening witout your consentment or understanding, it just happen. Go with the flow. With what your feeling not what your thinking.***