Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So, dressing DOESN'T turn u on! And, u dress because----?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    A lot of CD's and even TS who say nothing about it is sensual are just trying to "clean it up" for the GG's and to look wholesome. There is this theory among some TG that GG's have no turn-ons related to wearing anything.
    It has actually been studied. It turns out that women can experience autogynephilia, too.

Yep, It's a turn on. It gets the juices flowing, the adrenaline going and releases the endorphins. It feels good and makes me happier. The "turned on" effect is less so than my teen years but back then a swift breeze could turn me on.

Something about pantyhose, what a feeling. When i put them on it's a amazing feeling, but once on only when my legs rub together, WOW! Last week my wife was cleaning out some of her drawers and she pointed at the bra drawer and told me if i wanted any of them as she was going to get some new one's. Well she didn't finish the sentence and looked down and said i guess your pretty happy to get some. i didn't even open the drawer or even try one on and Mr happy was up for the game. She said i can't believe how excited you get when it's got to do with Maria.

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    The oldest trick in the book of debating is to insinuate that those that disagree with you are lying! Being anonymous here, there is not much reason to lie to the GGs or anyone else. You might be surprised to find that not everyone on this forum feels the same way about things.
    Exactly! In almost any situation, you will have people who insist those who don't agree are just lying. But individual preference and experience will always vary. As many said, they started dressing before their bodies knew sexual urges and desires. It's almost a consensus that those who dressed during their teens were aroused, but to a teenaged boy what isn't a turn on? But as adults, some people dress for the sexual arousal, some dress to look and feel sexy, and some dress just to dress. There are also many instances in which the way women dress just is not sexual. A casual trip to the mall wearing jeans and a t-shirt is one such instance, or dressing for the office in a blouse and skirt.
    I'll admit the sexy thing is fun. I've been learning to belly dance, which is fun moving in graceful and feminine ways. I've also tried the Flirty Girl videos, which are so much fun it's hard to think of them as exercise videos. But I don't get aroused by doing what would would arose most men (if a thinner and more attractive woman were doing it). But to feel sexy is a high of it's own.
    Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    si (doesn't everybody??? C'mon those ragged sweats and the tighty whities with the big hole in the butt...doesn't that make you feel sooooo sexy?
    Yes and I like to wear a flannel shirt and steel toe boots while watching Lowe's hardware store commercials while having some autoerotic time.
    Got a problem with it?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by mercterr View Post
    Yep, It's a turn on. It gets the juices flowing, the adrenaline going and releases the endorphins. It feels good and makes me happier. The "turned on" effect is less so than my teen years but back then a swift breeze could turn me on.
    I couldn't agree more. Thank goodness the magic hasn't worn off. I manage it better now than I did 50 or 40 or 30 years ago, but it still gets the juices flowing. What I get from doing it is more nuanced now but it is still fundamentally sexual.

To be honest I was Asexual before I started dressing and the clothes and textures like satin,silk and nylon themselves don't do nothing for me, I don't feel the need to wear bras or panties under my regular clothes. When I dress has to be all the way and feel more in control of my life and emotions if I choose them to be sexual the I get turn on.
    What I always found odd is the vilification of the sexual aspects of crossdressing

truth is,... I like turning other people on sexually. I guess that is a thrill to me too, but I do enjoy other types of admirers, aside the modest cd community. Which I to respect. But I share equally to some degree
    Eyes alight with glowing hair
    all that fancy paints as fair
    she takes her fan and throws it
    in the lion's den..

I wear womens clothing because i like the look on me and i think it feels good. I hate heels and stockings and tend to wear the sort of stuff the other people around my age (22) wear, and i dont wear skirts. Heh, i feel more comfy wearing a womens tee, jeans, socks and bikini panties then putting on the $*!(!! guys clothing. Why would i put on a stupid costume when i could wear what i like instead? Ayway, if i dress quite sexy thrn i do get turned on, however just wearing womens/juniors stuff while still looking like a guy makes me feel more normal. I understand that many people here find being feminine is a turn on, but for me, I feel weird, strange, and not myself when i put on a guys tee shirt, undies, or pants. Who else feels like this? And how would you catagorize me? I am definately not transgender because i KNOW I'm male and that aligns with my xy chromosome Also, there is something about womens clothing that just clicks with me, that male clothing never does. Even when i was 6 years old I remember going to Disney World and ONLY wanting a pink Minie Mouse tee shirt. Why? Thats what I like and makes me happy and comfortable. Over the years after that I kept trying to find acceptible male clothing, but nothing worked for me that I liked and that clicked with me. I looked at my female peers and thought that they were so lucky that they got all the GOOD clothes and I never understood why every other guy liked the clothing choices they had. Now i wear womens and juniors clothing and it clicks much better with me. So why is it that when I tell people that I trust such as friends family and professionals that they automatically assume I wear what I wear is for sexual reasons and if that isn't the reason then I must be either homosexual or transgender? Well, I'm neither of those things. I like girls, and I could go into great detail into what makes a girl cute to me if they asked. So again, why is it that people assume that if I wear juniors jeans or a womens tee shirt that I must be "a horny gay" or a "trannie"?
    Last edited by beez1717; 08-13-2011 at 01:21 AM. Reason: spell checking and clarification.

Aspiring Member
    I just bought a new skirt and the tag on it says "if the euphoria lasts more than 4 hours, you may have to see your local distributor, and if not available, your physician or go to the emergency room to have your skirt removed. There are no long-lasting effects, but try not to wear it again for a while".

When i first started dressing it was more out of a sexual nature. But now that I've explored this side of me more it mostly makes me feel, Happy. I love the way I look when wearing women's clothing and not gonna lie, I do have a decently large collection of lingerie that has been acquired over the years but that's reserved for a special time and place.

Be free - overcome fear!
    Quote Originally Posted by beez1717 View Post
    I am definately not transgender because i KNOW I'm male and that aligns with my xy chromosome
    First of all if you are a cross-dresser you ARE transgendered, because the term 'transgender' is an umbrella terminology
    that includes cross-dressers or transvestites, drag kings & queens, gender queer androgynies, transsexuals & intersexuals.

And do you know how many 'transsexuals' I know of that before they stopped repressing their gender issues
    that have said - "I know I am a male because I have a male body complete with all the bits to go with it!".
    I was one of those people who kept battling GID & repressing my issues until I was 47 years old! but the big
    surprise to me was to find out only last year that I am NOT XY at all - I was born intersex! WTF?

So hun, please understand that I am not trying to put you down when I say this, but you really do have a lot to learn!

You need to learn to understand the full dynamics of gender identity & sexual orientations before you start putting
    labels like this on yourself because so far a lot of what you said does ring alarm bells with me that you 'might' be a
    transsexual! And trust me as you get older this will only get worse until you reach a crisis point like many of us have.
    Last edited by Melody Moore; 08-13-2011 at 02:26 AM.

Yes it turns me on and even quite much like most of us but - I really would like to know if it still would be my desire if i could not be turned on. Imagine beeing castrated and having no more sexual urges, would I have the same desire to be a woman then? I don't know but i really long to know more about this.

Basically RS what I do here now is the prototype of the female avartic form I will be able to access once I leave this place. If you think heads are turned now, wait until then as my sensuality will be amplified many times over by a powerful galactic battery. So this is more or less "practice" for the real deal.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Dressing is very much a sexual turn-on for me; it's totally why I do it. Having said that, I can totally see why others would have other motives for dressing. Whatever works for the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Melody Moore View Post
    First of all if you are a cross-dresser you ARE transgendered, because the term 'transgender' is an umbrella terminology
    that includes cross-dressers or transvestites, drag kings & queens, gender queer androgynies, transsexuals & intersexuals.

And do you know how many 'transsexuals' I know of that before they stopped repressing their gender issues
    that have said - "I know I am a male because I have a male body complete with all the bits to go with it!".
    I was one of those people who kept battling GID & repressing my issues until I was 47 years old! but the big
    surprise to me was to find out only last year that I am NOT XY at all - I was born intersex! WTF?

So hun, please understand that I am not trying to put you down when I say this, but you really do have a lot to learn!

You need to learn to understand the full dynamics of gender identity & sexual orientations before you start putting
    labels like this on yourself because so far a lot of what you said does ring alarm bells with me that you 'might' be a
    transsexual! And trust me as you get older this will only get worse until you reach a crisis point like many of us have.
    I am sorry if I used the transgender term when I meant transsexual. Lol. That is what happens when you are up at two in the morning the day you are going to be flying across the USA. Anyway, what I was trying to say there is that my inner sense of self says I'm a guy, and so does my physical self. I see that inner part of someone as something you cannot decide. It is the same with gender preferences (liking guys, girls, both, neither, or something entirely different). Yes I may have more to learn (thanks for pointing that out), but sometimes you have an innate feeling about things and you can't explain them. Why do you not feel comfortable with someone? You just know, and that gut feeling is almost always right. I've asked myself several times why I'm not a transsexual or if I really am one, and it is clear to me that the reason I am not transsexual is because when I tried labeling myself in such a way, it never felt right. For me, being male, female or otherwise is like a stat that you would have in a tabletop role playing game such as Dungens and Dragons. You have black, red, white, pink, or rainbow hair. You are tall, short or are somewhere else in the range of all possible heights. You are physically a male, female, both, or neither. You know 3 magic spells. Those are all character stats and attributes. So why can't liking men, women, both, something else or neither be another stat that got assigned to you that you can't change? That's why being a transsexual or a cross dresser or neither to me is just another non changeable stat that you get when you are born. I tried seeing if I have the non transsexual lable, and that doesn't work for me. Neither does trying to fit the transgender stat work for me. I now know that if I had a non-changeable character sheet of myself that the outer self is male, black hair, from Guatemala, adopted, has Nonverbal Learning Disorder (it s very similar to aspergers), dysgraphia (you cannot write well no matter how hard you try, and writing is tiring and HURTS after a short period), likes females, doesn't like guys, cross dresser, and the inner self is male check boxes would be checked off. I am personally open to all my possibilities.

I am 69 years old and when I dress it makes me feel very sexual.Maybe thats why my wife encourages me to cross dress as she is 17 years younger than me.

So, dressing DOESN'T turn u on! And, u dress because----?
    Because I feel normal dressed as a girl. Has nothing to do with sexual excitement. Sorry, Sherry, we don't all do it for kicks.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

To get all dolled-up, to become as desirable a woman as possible is in itself quite a sensual thing, which is true for gg as well. The very act of dressing and glamorizing used to turn me on, back when I was much younger and never could apply my lipstick without a shaking hand, so excited to delve into a world so forbidden. The very act drove me nuts. Though even then, the excitement always came as my heart ran wild into dreams of being an actual woman and, well…, yes, being with a man. These days I dress solely to become the woman I wish I had been born, to feel complete, and from that transformed perspective, I will not deny… the fantasies can occasionally run wild, but not because "I'm sliding my hands over my sheer nylon covered legs," etc. Good lord! It comes from feeling myself a woman and allowing the possibilities run their course. This seems to be the junction between being a crossdresser and being transgendered. I know this is a touchy subject for many, the distinction between the two and where lines might be drawn, but it always seemed to me that crossdressers get a thrill by the very act of becoming feminine (not that there's anything wrong with that!) and those of us who consider themselves transgendered and dress to match body with soul. And if within that soul erotic thoughts emerge, all the more feminine I feel. So shoot me.
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

I say the sexual feeling is there, in different form. For example do I meet the image I have in my head, do I pass and attractive, does the outfit make me more beautiful than the other outfits and so forth

Over the years there has been a change for me.While in the beggining it seemed to be almost completely sexual ,often times now it isn't or at least far less of a sexual thing.I feel very natural and comfortable presenting as a woman.Is there still a sexual component?Yes.My wife has accepted it and she often picks out lingerie or even complete outfits for me to wear knowing it will ultimately lead to sex.We often have sex with me dressed to one degree or another and usually she puts on lingerie also.I'm underdressed as I write this and am not feeling as though there is a sexual thing going on but just the way I am and dress anymore.

As with most of us here it started out sexual. But as time went on I felt myself dressing to be a woman nothing more nothing less. But I'm still in wonderment each and every time I fully dress and see the transformation before me.

OMG! Just from reading your post I need new underware!..... Kidding, good post. I think we all feel better when we dress. It is stimulating to an extent and I love the feeling of being dressed! Wish I could work this way too! I'd love to do it all the time! Rachel

Well when I first started dressing it was the biggest turn on ever. I would get turned on just thinking about getting home and dressing up. Now that it has become more routine I still do it for the sexual turn on but also because I really enjoy wearing my female clothes.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Maybe there is NO CLEAR LINE, Robyn!?

For MANY of us, anyway!
    Wonderful post, BTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn2006 View Post
    To get all dolled-up, to become as desirable a woman as possible is in itself quite a sensual thing, which is true for gg as well. The very act of dressing and glamorizing used to turn me on, back when I was much younger and never could apply my lipstick without a shaking hand, so excited to delve into a world so forbidden. The very act drove me nuts. Though even then, the excitement always came as my heart ran wild into dreams of being an actual woman and, well…, yes, being with a man. These days I dress solely to become the woman I wish I had been born, to feel complete, and from that transformed perspective, I will not deny… the fantasies can occasionally run wild, but not because "I'm sliding my hands over my sheer nylon covered legs," etc. Good lord! It comes from feeling myself a woman and allowing the possibilities run their course. This seems to be the junction between being a crossdresser and being transgendered. I know this is a touchy subject for many, the distinction between the two and where lines might be drawn, but it always seemed to me that crossdressers get a thrill by the very act of becoming feminine (not that there's anything wrong with that!) and those of us who consider themselves transgendered and dress to match body with soul. And if within that soul erotic thoughts emerge, all the more feminine I feel. So shoot me.
    I'm often branded as a "fetishist", fine! But am I?

Like so many here, I used to get aroused by a pair of stockings. Or, a tite girdle. Or, a quick peek at Sherry in the mirror! NOT so these days!

After often spending WEEKS prepping for a session, as I begin dressing I'm stressed: trying to remember everything, putting it on in the proper order, and having everything look just rite!
    No thots or feelings of arousal AT ALL!

Then, I'm finished and Robert's gone! Sherry looks back at me from my mirror!
    The excited feeling starts then! And grows, as I switch from one look to the next!
    But, WHAT CAUSES THAT exactly? The feeling of the hose, girdle, forms, heels, etc? The pretty, shapely fem image I see? The pinched waist, wide hipped, heavy breasted female body I now have?

Is it feeling female? Looking female? Imagining I've become female? Maybe some of all of these?

Where precisely IS the line between "fetish" and "regular" CDs? Or, that between CDs and TSs? Maybe it's possible for individuals to step back and forth across these lines? Maybe many or MOST of us do?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!