Thread: My mom and I just had a heart-to-heart talk.

My mom and I just had a heart-to-heart talk.

I asked her how long she knew about my crossdressing before I came out to her.

She told me that I had been doing it since I was a little boy.
    One day, she saw that I had her expensive makeup all over my face, and it apparently wasn't the first time.
    My mom, being as open-minded as she is, decided not to quash the behavior. Instead, she put her cheaper cosmetics in a location I would reach, so I could feel free to express myself. She told me that she also put some of her clothes and shoes in a more accessible location in her closet, so I could dress up whenever I wanted.
    My dad was gone for most of the time when I was younger, so this became our little secret.
    Then she told me that when a school crossdress day came along, she felt a little guilty helping me look as feminine as she did, but she took great enthusiasm in helping me pick out an outfit, jewelery, shoes, and makeup.
    When halloween came around in 2009, she acted like she was disappointed in me for wanting to crossdress to hand out candy.

During this talk, though, she told me that she was excited that I wanted to present as a female again, so she gave me a crash course in makeup techniques.
    I never knew that she was this supportive, and I feel so lucky to have her in my life. Without her, I would feel ashamed of my crossdressing.
    "Move along people, there's nothing to see here."

Wow this gives me goosebumps What a great Mom and lucky Loretta. .

Love your mom back because she does LOVE you.

That's so wonderful to hear Loretta that kinda sounds like me growing up I can remember it like yesterday when gender day at school came around.
    FIND ME!!
    My YouTube - https://tinyurl.com/yaa6k27o

That is a great story Loretta. Even though I don't know you, I am so proud of both you and your mom!

Quote Originally Posted by larry View Post
    Wow this gives me goosebumps What a great Mom and lucky Loretta. .
    I do feel lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by CDPheobe View Post
    Love your mom back because she does LOVE you.
    I know. It's great to have such a large support network.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle.N View Post
    Great post Loretta! Its great to hear how awesome your mom is...give her a big collective hug from all of us!

My mom (dad too, but especially mom) has been so great to me since I told them. They caught me once as a kid, then 18 years passes before it was ever mentioned again - a lot of years lost, to be sure. Who knows how things may have been different if I was not so afraid to be found out again. I never thought it could ever be this way, and honestly, our relationship has never been better. I know that I can count on their love and support, and they know that I am able to confide in them. Such a great feeling.
    I'm sure she already knows, but telling her again won't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by britneyb View Post
    That's so wonderful to hear Loretta that kinda sounds like me growing up I can remember it like yesterday when gender day at school came around.
    Do tell? When was it? High school? Did all of the girls gather around you and comment on your outfit? Did you dress the whole nine yards?

Quote Originally Posted by andreasmithcd View Post
    That is a great story Loretta. Even though I don't know you, I am so proud of both you and your mom!
    Thanks!
    Why are you proud of me though?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Wish we had a gender day when I was in school.
    I just did it anyway and caught hell most of the time.

Loretta, your mom is a peach! Let her know that your friends here think so!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Nice loretta ;p Its should be so fun to have some "more intimate" time with your mom!! Maybe mine will be receptive if i talk to her... What push you out with her? i mean the official telling.. ??
    [SIZE="3"]Be honest with yourself. And yes! Im a Gender Atheist.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Becca25 View Post
    Nice loretta ;p Its should be so fun to have some "more intimate" time with your mom!! Maybe mine will be receptive if i talk to her... What push you out with her? i mean the official telling.. ??
    We moved into a new place, and my mom looked at me and said, "You're not telling me something. You've been down since before we moved here, so what's up?"

I told her that she might not like why, and she said "Try me."
    So I said "I love wearing women's clothing, and feeling feminine."
    I started to tear up, and said "There. Cat's out of the bag, and now you know. You're not mad, are you?"
    She hugs me for a good 30 seconds, and says "Honey, I've known for years. Just know that I will accept you, no matter what you do. Of course I'm not mad."
    Then she told my dad and little brother without my permission, and it turns out that they were accepting as well.
    A couple of months ago, during a relay for life, I told my aunt and one of her friends about my crossdressing, and they took me shopping to be their "Miss Relay", which is a drag pageant hosted by the Relay for Life.
    Then I told a few friends, who all had the same "We knew, We were just waiting for you to admit it to yourself" attitude, and who have all been very supportive.

A couple of days ago, during a relay for life committee meeting, I was talking to the friend of my aunt, who I had told, and she told me that everyone would really like their Miss Relay to be in the pageant next year, adding that I should sex up my act by wearing a lacy nightie, Thigh highs with a garter belt, sky-high high heels, vampish makeup, and long nails.

In other words, I'm in heaven right now.

Girl, you are living large, I hope you appreciate just how special you have it, being surrounded by so many supportive people around you. If I was you, I would find those sky high heels and start practicing for next year, they are going to expect a real show out of you, and you wouldn't want to disappoint them. Besides, spending a year practicing in tall heels, sounds like a lot of fun, and good excuse for wearing them a lot.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Platinum Member
    It seems that Mom's always know. You's is a genuine angel. Its interesting that for all those years, she facilitated your experimentation and allowed you to find your own path. She must be an incredibly open minded and good hearted person.

Im happy to see that familia still hold together in those days ;p It kinda make me smile and clear my mind about the subjet.
    My parent always been aware of my sensibility and diferent emotional attitud compare to other boy around. It might just be natural for them and maybe releiving to understand the true process going on. They might understand too why my appartment is always a close door... and why im not around much... and a lot of thing that worries them.

Im happy for your new lifestyle! its an inspiration to all 20's dealing with a lot of external pressur for coupling or squeeze between two life. ;p
    [SIZE="3"]Be honest with yourself. And yes! Im a Gender Atheist.[/SIZE]

Loretta! Your story is so sweet that I have happy tears in my eyes! Thank you for sharing! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone: