Thread: Piercing my ears...finally

Piercing my ears...finally

My wife and I were shopping about a month ago and she was looking at earrings. She asked me what I thought about one particular pair and I said they don't look like something you would normally wear. She replied "Not for me, for you." I had to remind her that I don't have pierced ears. She said that maybe I should get them pierced.

Well, we are about to go on a trip and I plan to get them pierced just before we leave. I've always disliked clip-ons, they give me a headache. And there is so much more variety with pierced ears. I can't believe I've waited so long to do this.

Next thing, I need to do some jewelry shopping.
    Rebecca Bas

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Excellent!
    Once you get them pierced, you will really wonder why you waited so long.

I agree. Once done you will never look back and wow are you going to have fun buying ear rings.

Great choice, Becky. They're a lot of fun and you're gonna love'em! So many options and so fem I think. Let us know how it goes? Hooray for your wife! She's a keeper.

ChanDelle

How exciting for you, and congratulations! I am quite envious! Perhaps one of these days . . . . But enjoy, and have a wonderful trip!

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisthebride View Post
    I've always disliked clip-ons, they give me a headache.
    [SIZE="4"]You are supposed to wear them on your earlobes, not on your head.[/SIZE]

Fantastic, you'll love having pierced ears and the selection of earrings is almost endless. It is important that you leave the piercing studs in for at least six weeks and that you use the disinfectant three or four times a day. Even after the six weeks is up you should wear some sort of post earring for another four or five months - that doesn't mean you can't on occasion wear earrings with a wire loop once the first six weeks passes.

I'm past my six week healing period and I have worn some dangley earrings with wire loops a couple of times, but at the end of the day I put the posts back in.
    Babs

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    I had pierced ears in my twenties. Funny, but I never associated them with crossdressing since I didn't consider myself a crossdresser. However, I do remember my mother seeing me with one of her earrings on and commenting that she "never thought she would live to see her son borrowing her earrings". Little did she know I had borrowed other things as well, though years earlier.

Go for it. It has been 5weeks going on 6weeks since I got mine pierced and have no idea why I waited for so long. No one really cares anymore and like everyone has said, you can choose from a range of earings. One thing I can suggest is if you get the lil ball ones at first, ensure the nut is easy to loosen. Then when you take them off make sure you are sitting with a dark coloured towel so you can see where they fall when trying to put them back on. Stupid took them off standing over deep pile carpet and spent the next 2 hours looking for them, then another hour trying to put the nut on.
    Congratulations on your decision, and you are lucky to have a great wife.

Yay!
    Another leap into real girl territory.
    Mine have been pierced for over 20 years.

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Did mine about a year ago and I can not for the life of me understand why it took so long to do. My only problem now is that every pair of ear rings I see I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    [SIZE="4"]You are supposed to wear them on your earlobes, not on your head.[/SIZE]
    Now that's funny there! Any ways I agree you will love it! And be sure to thank your wife!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Congradulations (sp) I've had mine pierced forever and now have 4 yes four holes in each ear lobe not to mention my belly button done my poor wifethinks i'm crazy but I personal think it's very femimine , I don,t wear them at work the( earrings) and the holes kinda seem to dissappear unless i WEAR REALLY heavy ones over the weekend then it's a different story , the belly button stays in 24/7 anyway have fun shopping for earrings and don't worry about them God Bless

Congrats! Indeed, once I did it I regretted waiting so long! Accidently let them close up the first time, then had them redone, now have two in each lobe. I have a few pairs of clips I really like, so I converted them to pierced, replacing the clip with a post or fish hook, whichever worked best. For work I just go with more of a guy style, usually dark metals like pewter. No comments at all.

Banned Read only
    Nevr gonna do that. I guess I will wear clip ons from now on.

I've been wanting to get a second one in mine as soon as i get a few coins ahaed