Thread: OMG Customs searched my bag!!!

OMG Customs searched my bag!!!

So I was on my way back from toronto today after a fabulous night of clubbing downtime. And as a woke up this morning in the hotel i said to myself " I bet you anything customs is going to inquire why i have such a large suitcase if I only stayed one night." I really hoped I wasn't going to get searched.

I mean it was funny, because I literally packed like 5 pairs of heels, about 20 tops and 10 or so skirts, couple dresses, and some casual dress things in case i wanted to do some shopping.

So after sitting in the customs line for over an hour, i finally get up the border guard who begins drilling me like I'm terrorist, and finally when I think its finally over, guess what he says......

"Why did you pack such a large bag, if you only stayed one night??"

@U@*&#!!)(@...

I responded "I usually have a hard time deciding what to wear"

So he starts rummaging through my suitcase and asks: "Who's heels are these?"

Like i don't even think he noticed that there were dresses, panties, bras, makeup, he was so fixated on the heels. I think he had a high heel fetish if you ask me.

So anyways after about another 10 minutes of them conducting another complete search of the car, and me having to go into the office and answer more questions to proove that I wasn't some kind of "illegal migrant tranny terrorist", I finally got released, and made it home safe

good times...

I'm glad you made it back safely.
    I would have just admitted it flat out that all the clothing is yours. Nothing wrong with admitting you're a crossdresser.
    US Customs & Immigration are only concerned with two things:

1. saleable items that get duty, or pohibited things like Cuban cigars.
    2. Drugs & weapons.

oh don't worry Nathalie i admitted, I had no other choice LOL

When I was sitting in the waiting room, i was like "please no cavity search"

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saya82 View Post
    "please no cavity search"
    Thankfully, my teeth are all good and I have none. (yes, I know)
    Sounds like you had a blast and you looked great. And considering you had that happen to you, you can see that even the most embarassing thing isnt that big of a deal.
    Now if only I could take my own advice.
    —Mikaela

Wow...the exact same thing happened to me 10 years ago! I went to Toronto to hang out with another tgirl and when I came back to the States, they went through my trunk and found my stash of wigs and dresses. Then it was just a whole lot of "what were you doing in Canada??" I just kept asking the guy what was illegal about crossdressing. He just did a whole lot of "Shut up! Sit down. Stay there." They held me for an hour. Finally a woman came in and apologized for her colleague's behavior and she said that I could go.

Sounds like not much has changed in the last 10 years

I love this story! I saw your pics and read your story of your night in Toronto! Sounds like great times! I travel and always pack panties and will occasionally bring my make up, wigs and some clothes. I'm just waiting for the day TSA opens my suitcase and see that stuff. Yes it's mine, so what....LOL.
    Don't be a drag, just be a queen

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Karate View Post
    Wow...the exact same thing happened to me 10 years ago! I went to Toronto to hang out with another tgirl and when I came back to the States, they went through my trunk and found my stash of wigs and dresses. Then it was just a whole lot of "what were you doing in Canada??" I just kept asking the guy what was illegal about crossdressing. He just did a whole lot of "Shut up! Sit down. Stay there." They held me for an hour. Finally a woman came in and apologized for her colleague's behavior and she said that I could go.

Sounds like not much has changed in the last 10 years
    I encountered a similar attitude on my last visit to the US, it makes one think twice about bothering to go again, although a second officer also apologised for the first one's behaviour towards an innocent visitor.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    That's rediculous considering that there are border crossings between the US and Canada that are not even monitored where people are supposed to cross on the "honor sys"
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 08-12-2011 at 04:47 PM.

You know it was little events like that that have resulted in my being as bold as I am these days. When little things like that happen, or the card keys to your hotel dont work and so you have to go to the desk, you learn an important lesson - "Wow, I lived through that, it wasn't that bad, and no one really gave a shit."
    So, you just had to tell a few customs inspectors that you were a cross dresser and not only did the world not end, but they probably really didn't care in the least little bit - next time you'll be tempted to make the trip dressed. LOL

yes what txkimberly says, or just ship every thing via ups, to the hotel and back home, as if you need to fly you can ship your dirty thing's home and not lug or pay a fee to keep them with you.

but then i drive were i need to go, if i can not drive i do not go....so a trip to hawaii is out...for now.

Gold Member
    Just a thought; Next time go clubbing in the USA, May be try Toledo???
    I know it sounds crazy, but you will get home. LOL
    Rader

General nuisance AliceJaneInNewcastle's Avatar
    Next time, drive en femme. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceJaneInNewcastle View Post
    Next time, drive en femme. Problem solved.
    hon I did drive LOL! either way they gonna get you!!!

Sounds to me that it is another case of a little man with too much power. Glad you held up during this unwarnted excersize.

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    I had something similar happen to me coming from Canada on a business trip. They decided to search my luggage which, of course had heels, dresses, panties...well, you get the picture. The agent held up one of my heels and looked at me. I looked back and said, "Sometimes you just have to slip into something more comfortable after a hard day at the office." He smiled and that was it. Whatever...it's not illegal.

Be free - overcome fear!
    OMG, how did you NOT expect to be searched going through customs?

But you did deal with it in the best way possible by being honest with
    them, but if you are not prepared to be searched - then simply don't fly!

Shoes are great places to hide bombs, especially high heeled ones.

Perhaps it's the same guy? It's not unheard of to ship a problem to another location where he or she becomes someone else's worry.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Try going through U.S. or Canadian customs stations while riding a motorcycle. My numerous trips to Atlantic Canada yielded regular 'inspections.' Damn one time a customs official had me disassemble part of the bike. Yes I got the Easy Rider open the gas tank search on occasion as well. The strange irony was the night gown went unnoticed. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Melody Moore View Post
    if you are not prepared to be searched - then simply don't fly!
    They can search you at any border crossing, including your car......and she did drive.
    Sally

Quote Originally Posted by Melody Moore View Post
    then simply don't fly!
    She didn't fly, she drove... simply learn to read!!
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Be free - overcome fear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    She didn't fly, she drove... simply learn to read!!
    Well simply don't travel at all then.

Last time I flew -- from DFW to Orlando in drab -- I found a note in my suitcase saying that TSA had searched my bag. Practically everything I had in there was femme stuff -- dresses, heels, bras, breastforms, etc. I hope they had a good time. I know I did.

CK