Thread: are we there yet?

are we there yet?

I love digging deep into the uncomfortable psyche and I have been called this or that several times but this need to understand is addictive.
    Dressing was an integral part of my transsexuality, Do not get up in arms about the term I am not saying you are, but rather when you have the urge to dress or are dressed, and you let the imagination run wild:

do you cross the line of reality based experience when if possible without much consequence you would want to become a genuine woman???????????????????????????even if for a moment

Still trying to figure out my situation.
    When I started to accept myself, I started to redefine myself as a crossdresser, but have come to terms and it has become more of an incororation than redefinition.

When I dress I want the illusion of being a woman, and fantasize about being a woman. I see woman now and wonder am I sexually attracted or jealous that I can't be that woman.

In all honesty, if I could be a woman I would jump at the chance, if I had the chance to return if needed (maybe even if I had the chance without the chance to return). I have issues I need to figure out.

Right now I accept and treasure what I can do, when I can do it. I hate looking like a man in a dress though.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexia Elliot View Post
    do you cross the line of reality based experience when if possible without much consequence you would want to become a genuine woman???????????????????????????even if for a moment
    Uhh. Doesn't everyone?

I definitely want to become a woman.

Only problem is I have a strong guy self too.

Which is it?

My life is a tug-of-war between the two.

I am happy with embodying both sides. not sure if this is a stregnth or weakness.

I do beleive you are talking about me here! Every day as I get dressed I become that woman! It's a shame that I'm the only one that knows that I am a woman!Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Yes, I do love to crossdress as a female! But would I like to be a woman, and not just wear the clothes? No, NEVER!! I was born a man and the Good Lord willing I will die a man!! I crossdress because I like to, not for any other reason!! But I don't wear makeup or a wig, so I still look like the man that I am!! And even though I am usually enfemme from the skin out, I am still a man underneath the pretty things!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I used to think so. When I was little, before I knew anything about penises and vaginas, I was envious of girls and wished I could be one. Girls could dress pretty, be shy, sensitive and gentle, or play house and other nice games. Girls were sugar and spice and everything nice. In other words they could be feminine. They didn't have to be feminine, they just could be. They could be the way I felt inside. If I showed any sign of femininity, it was quickly discouraged or punished if not by adults then by my peers. Tomboys were OK but sissies were bad. So I didn't spring from the womb demanding to know where my uterus was. In fact, when I found out about different genitalia, I figured at least I got the better end of that deal.

Still, it lead to a lot of confusion on my part because I couldn't separate femininity from females. It should be obvious, really. Most women aren't all that feminine just as most men aren't alpha males. There is a huge overlap. But we're taught to believe that women are supposed to be feminine and men masculine. There's no place for those of us that live at the "wrong" end of the bell curve. So what I really identify with is femininity not womanhood. I could do without the body hair, though.

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    Yes, I do love to crossdress as a female! But would I like to be a woman, and not just wear the clothes? No, NEVER!! I was born a man and the Good Lord willing I will die a man!! I crossdress because I like to, not for any other reason!! But I don't wear makeup or a wig, so I still look like the man that I am!! And even though I am usually enfemme from the skin out, I am still a man underneath the pretty things!!
    Stephanie, you took the words right out of my mouth, I fully agree...
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Quote Originally Posted by Alexia Elliot View Post
    I love digging deep into the uncomfortable psyche and I have been called this or that several times but this need to understand is addictive.
    Dressing was an integral part of my transsexuality, Do not get up in arms about the term I am not saying you are, but rather when you have the urge to dress or are dressed, and you let the imagination run wild:

I love going down deep there also Alexia.

Simply and quite frankly, the answer to that question is YES!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Click here to experience the Ionis Supernova!

“Our senses enable us to perceive only a minute portion of the outside world.”

- Nikola Tesla

Quote Originally Posted by LilSissyStevie View Post
    I used to think so. When I was little, before I knew anything about penises and vaginas, I was envious of girls and wished I could be one. Girls could dress pretty, be shy, sensitive and gentle, or play house and other nice games. Girls were sugar and spice and everything nice. In other words they could be feminine. They didn't have to be feminine, they just could be. They could be the way I felt inside. If I showed any sign of femininity, it was quickly discouraged or punished if not by adults then by my peers. Tomboys were OK but sissies were bad. So I didn't spring from the womb demanding to know where my uterus was. In fact, when I found out about different genitalia, I figured at least I got the better end of that deal.

Still, it lead to a lot of confusion on my part because I couldn't separate femininity from females. It should be obvious, really. Most women aren't all that feminine just as most men aren't alpha males. There is a huge overlap. But we're taught to believe that women are supposed to be feminine and men masculine. There's no place for those of us that live at the "wrong" end of the bell curve. So what I really identify with is femininity not womanhood. I could do without the body hair, though.
    This is closer to what I often felt. Sure, if I had the chance to become the teenage girl I though I was supposed to be, I'd do it...I'd like the chance to be what I thought I would be, with all the possibilities that it would include. But to become a 50+ year old very tall fat homely woman? No thanks; wouldn't be much different from the life I have right now, and I still wouldn't be able to wear the clothes I want to wear without looking odd.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.