Thread: Dressing in themes?

Dressing in themes?

I guess some of us dress 'in themes' from time to time? For me, I love to sit and think "I'll dress as a flapper today" or "I'll dress as a gorgeous 1940s starlet". I love the character / fantasy aspect to it all, picking out the dress and creating an outfit to match the character.

My latest character is "Naughty lady at a friend's wedding", which I did twice this week (in two different outfits). I guess I have a thing about always wanting to see / meet someone like this at a wedding someplace.

One outfit was a pink chiffon dress, nude nylons (with cream lingerie), cream high heels and matching jewellery. The other outfit was a black satin full-length gown, black nylons (and matching lingerie), black 5" high heel sandals, cream faux-fur stole, with a long gold cigarette holder (I don't smoke, but I very much like the fake cigarettes as part of the image). Both times, I wore a long blonde wig and had a sexy fascinator in my hair as part of the outfit.

Perhaps it's just me, I have a vivid imagination!

It's not just you, my SO does the same thing.

Oh what fun it is! I too love that '40's' look! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Yes, me too girl.
    Sometimes it’s Lady Suzy in all her finery. Next time it’s a drag queen, or a party girl.
    Isn’t dressing fun.

SUZY

Yes, Me too, However I am really into late 60's fashion, mini-dresses, go go boots, etc and being a hippie girl from the same era. I also like the 50's a little such awesome dresses. But would really love to find a authentic late 60's stewardess dress that fit me.
    Julie

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I find that dressing in theme enhanced my crossdressing in so many ways. Usually I don't take interest in shopping, however shopping to complete a desired theme makes the shopping trips fun. The photos definitely are awe inspiring to look at over and over again. If the theme has a character role to it, so gives it that added spice. Then if the desire is there, taking the theme for a suitable outting. Dressing themes also enhanced my social life with friends that take great pride to join in with the dressing up or inputting some creative ideas.

Platinum Member
    I like dressing in the late 50's and the 60's.

Orchid

Former Member
    I enjoy the business woman look most of the time. Every once in a while I go for the "bad girl" look. It's fun, but I can't pull it off very well.

IMHO, There ain't no rules in crossdressing....you go wherever you want to go.
    The great thing about being a crossdresser is you can be whatever you want to be.

I am thinking of being 1950's Bettie Page/ pin up girl for Halloween.

I know that there are some within the transgender community that frown upon, or feel uncomfortable at what they may see is a mockery of their situation, but in reality the human imagination is what it is. You TS's out there: Please don't claim you have all the answers. In the words of Paul McCartney ......"Let it be".