Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate your passability and what you need help with

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar

Rate your passability and what you need help with

It would seem to me that being GM we could be objective about our passability in public. Personally I doubt I could pass because I have a med to large Adams apple, I still need help finding the right makeup and I have the deep voice. So I'd probably rate my passability as a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10.

So my question is how passable are you and what are the things that you need help with? Maybe we can all help each other out with a few tips to achieve our goals and boost our confidence.

Overall, I'd say a 3.5 out of 10. I have a pretty strong sense of women's fashion (and specifically, what works for me) which bumps that up.

On sunny fall/winter days, I can throw on large sunshades, a layer on the shoulders, and a scarf and knock off three of my biggest issues (pronounced eyebrow ridge, man shoulders, Adam's apple). I can't really do anything about the size 13 feet or the 8.25" hands other than put on pretty, distracting polish and maybe a bracelet or two. I'm still learning the basics of doing makeup so not much advice there.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

I am pretty sure my rate of passability is 1 if not zero, I am kind of tall for a Hispanic girl but I will try my best to be an attractive transgender individual

I'm not passable, period. Too tall (6'5") and too heavy (not telling). The best I can hope for is tolerance and acceptance if I go out in public. But I feel that tolerance and acceptance are very good things, so there is a brighter side to not being passable.

My main concern is that I look ridiculous. I've had self-esteem issues all my life.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

I want to say a 7/10, but when we grade ourselves we tend to give a higher score than we might actually deserve. Still I believe I'm quite passable, as long as I don't speak. I have a moderately deep voice, but working on speech techniques to change that.

Banned Read only
    On a scale of one to ten? How about zero? At six foot and 210 lbs. with a male shape, I would not pass. Many times I look at a larger sized woman to try to see if there is something that sets them apart from a male. Women carry their weight differently than men. The facial bones seem to be decidedly 'womanly' or 'feminine.' A close shave and makeup just cannot conceal the physique of a man. Even when I compare my image in a mirror with a photograph, my mind seems to make be slimmer than the actual image to others.

An Adam's apple is easily concealed with a scarf and placement of long hair.

I rate Barbara Melendez higher than a one. She seems to have the figure to pass.

Oh, to be slender and only five foot eight! Maybe next time around.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Experimentally, zero: it is quite rare for people to call me "ma'm" and quite common for people to call me "sir" even when I'm in dress and makeup and heels and carrying a purse.

Why? No-one really knows. I don't have an Adam's apple, my eyebrows are not very pronounced, my size is very similar to GG my own age, and especially if I'm tired my face looks very much like my mother's face. My therapist says that all she notices is my beard shadow, but I've had too many people recognize me from quite a distance in bad light for that to be the operative factor.

Now, on the other hand, the portion of people who treat gender-variant me as being a quite normal sight is pretty high. If passing has to do with acceptance rather than with people recognizing natal biology, then I pass well.

If I cared more about being thought of as female rather than about being myself, then I would need to work on my voice. And I'd probably have to relearn how to walk -- about the only GG that I know who walks faster than I do is my sister!

Passing is like swimming... You either can or you can't.. Being 90% able to swim still means your going to drown if you go into the water!! Lol That said... I don't pass, imho and I don't care... As long as I look good and people don't harass me, I'm happy to go out enfemme..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I'm 6'4", 260 lbs, build like a line backer, large frame, deep voice. etc. My passability index is 1! Dang it. I wish I were a 5'4", small frame, female!

passability = 4
    probably i wud go well with indian attires and dresses
    but i don think i wud go well wit western out fits.... lol... tat s bcuz , the whole town wud look at me, if i dressed in gowns and frocks and stroll in public
    haven tried ,
    and wud love to ve a 10

I'm 6ft and a size 20. Therefore physically I don't think I pass and give myself a 3 (walking by not really paying attention and if I don't open my mouth). On the other hand I've had people who've told me that I'm no beauty by any means, but when dressed up nobody could be absolutely sure, even if the did pay attention unless I open my mouth. So I guess I rate a 7 or so. And honestly I really don't care if I pass or not, just treat me normally.

On a beach in a swimsuit…. 0
    On the street in a Burka….. 10
    In a fashion mall mall where 50% of the people aren’t looking at you anyways…… 5
    Walmart ….. 7
    In a restaurant where the waiter/waitress is bucking for a big tip….. 9
    In a restaurant where the waiter/waitress’s tip just went to diddly …… 0

Maybe a 7-8? Others have said that I can totally pass, maybe when I see myself, I 'know' the male underneath?

I'm over 6' tall and even taller in heels, about 200lbs, but I'm working to lose some fat around my midsection.
    Also need to work on my make-up, eyebrows (how to cover up) and my female voice.
    I'm an ectomorph, so I consider myself lucky in some respects.

I don't know how passable I am, but given that I'm 5'10 and have broad shoulders, probably not very.

Except on the phone. I've been called ma'am on the phone even when I don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by BARBARA_MELENDEZ View Post
    ... I will try my best to be an attractive transgender individual
    Amen!!!! My thoughts exactly!

I would not know how passable I am,i know i always get mistaken for being the mother of my kids when out,so i must pass a small amount,but i cant see myself or talk to myself as someone else.my voice is the only thing that i know passes easily.

Pass no not really, but I do my best, I've been told I have a great sense of style, and get asked for opinions on it, I can do a great make up job most days, but when everything is said and done when I look in that mirror all I ever see is a happy guy in a dress!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I would have absolutely no way of determining that

Haydée (pronounced Heidi) silhouette's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Passing is like swimming... You either can or you can't.. Being 90% able to swim still means your going to drown if you go into the water!! Lol That said... I don't pass, imho and I don't care... As long as I look good and people don't harass me, I'm happy to go out enfemme..
    Well karren, i disagree with your binary thinking here.
    Here's why - when i've gone out dressed a couple of times now, and I'll get hollered at from cars.. or checked out by guys... but then when they get a little closer I'll hear "oh shit it's a guy!" lmao.

Soooo.. I think there is something as passing from a distance ;p
    I don't think they would have sounded shocked that i was a guy if they didn't think i was a girl before they got closer.

Also I am reeeally tall, especially in heels where i am like 6'9" so that's kinda funny but girls can be tall too.
    I think it's probably more common to see a really tall girl out in public than a cd
    Last edited by silhouette; 06-05-2011 at 03:18 PM.

The woman inside me Kathryn Philips's Avatar
    Face-on (like what I see in the mirror) and with a proper makeover I think I would be quite passable 7/10. I also believe that my voice and facial expressions are quite passable. But seen sideways, I am not passable at all 2/10. I would need to remove body hair, specially my hands which cannot be concealed (other than using gloves).
    xxx
    Kathryn

Waiting for my upgrade to Female

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silhouette View Post
    I think there is something as passing from a distance ;p
    I agree with this comment. I am a small person (5ft 4ins) and if I keep my body movements as non-masculine as I can, I think I pass ok from a distance. Up close? Ah, that's different. I have no clue what number on the scale I would be. If I speak, forget about it! Just because most people either ignore me or seem to treat me as the gender I am presenting as, does not mean I passed. It just means they're being polite. How can anyone know what anther person is really thinking?
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I find it easy to pass when others are remaining still. It can be difficult when others are moving quickly.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

I pass very easily (with proper makeover of coarse) but I still look like my male self

Today I told my my ex classmate about my new girlfriend and emailed a pic of me holding Sara (her height shortened and face softened). She instantly recognized me and started laughing. She did tell me that my gf (Sara) was more beautiful than her, but her figuring Sara out so easily pi**ed me off. That means I will not be posting frontal face pics anymore, nor will I be able to fool anyone who knows me as a male.
    Last edited by sara.s; 06-06-2011 at 08:03 PM.

Look, on this site I quite often get told that I am "passable." Literally, go to my page and read a few responses...the rest are in PM.

What is funny is that I'm a GG. I don't advertise anywhere that I am a GG aside from my about me. I just don't really care about throwing it out there too much that I'm a GG. I also don't get offended if people think I look like a CD passing as a woman. It's whatever, really.

My point is that worrying if you are "passable" or not seems like a waste of time. Even GGs are questionable sometimes Literally everyone that has a picture of themselves as their avatar that has responded to this thread I think looks beautiful. I don't really know on a scale of how womanly you look because all women come in different packages. Some more manly or androgynous than others. So, it also depends on what ideal you are stacking yourself up against.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

I am passable on a four lane highway traveling below the speed limit. Give me a honk and I even pull to the side to allow one to pass.

I am also passable at a gym that is frequented by female bodybuilders, just don't let me shower .