Thread: crossdressing in cycles?

crossdressing in cycles?

There are women here who dress 24/7. I find myself in cycles...there are sometimes that I feel compelled to dress a lot and do...other times it sounds good, but I don't. I thought I'd get dressed this morning, but I didn't (though I was dressed last night)...this afternoon sounded good, again I didn't...and well tonight?...but tomorrows another day. Sound familiar?

For almost 10 years, between 19 and 28, I would go 2-3 months dressing almost everyday, and then have little interest in it for a week or two, then dress again for 2-3 months, then go drab for a month, then back again. Keep in mind, I realized I should've been born female by 14, but I kept fighting it and making excuses (avoiding therapy at all costs) in the hopes that it would go away if I just stopped letting it take over my life. Of course it doesn't work like that, and New Years Day 2011 I threw in the towel and accepted the fact that I'm truly female inside and started the path to HRT and full-time.

That's just my personal story. I know there were many times I wanted to dress up, but I knew if I did, I wouldn't be as productive that day, had I just stay in drab. I could better use the time I would spend picking an outfit and doing my make-up, and waltzing through the house in high heels. Of course, now I'm pro at getting ready. Outfit, make-up etc takes about 20 minutes.

I've gone through 4 or 5 cycles since I started almost 20 years ago. I'll do it for a year or two, then lose the desire for another year or two. I'm currently in an off-phase. I haven't dressed up in a year and a half, and I'm still not really craving it, though I do still check in on these forums from time to time just out of habit. However, my wife is leaving for a week in February, and I'm already thinking of maybe getting some lingerie, dresses, stockings and stilettos and diving back into it. Part of me is wondering if I'm only doing it because the opportunity is there, not because I really want to. Who knows, though, between now and then, maybe the actual desire to do it will come back. A big part of me misses having the desire, then being able to fulfill it, but for now, the desire just isn't really there.

Chewies sister-moulted!
    Yep , can certainly relate to those moments ....
    Crazy as it may seem , sometimes I also think the anticipation is as great as the act of dressing itself . I've had more chances of getting dressed lately , seriously felt pent up wanting to do it , but then in a flash the moment has often taken flight so I didn't bother. Mind you , some events in my private life had to be dealt with , I won't elaborate but issues stopped my desires outright .
    Well , this past Saturday I slipped into something for the first time in months , it was lovely . I wanted to grab my camera , but I was so content on just sitting watching the television I just couldn't be asked . I felt relaxed , even lazy perhaps ...... now I'm aching to repeat the moment .

On the other hand I can also recall previously getting dressed one Saturday evening ( used to hook up with a friend online for a chat ) only to within minutes of finalising my look to then race for the make up remover and shower . I did feel rather guilty as she'd taken her time to get ready too .

Praps it's better to abstain , then enjoy the moments , the intense feelings as a very special rare treat ....... ??
    Last edited by Shelly67; 08-15-2011 at 02:58 AM.

I can relate. Up until a few years ago, that is how it went for me too. As I get older,I seem to just feel more comfortable and natural and tend to not fuss over how good I look, but how good I feel, thus making it a lot less of a pain to dress. Maybe that is why I was as you say you are at this time.

I can also relate to this. It can be a few weeks between dressing and while I'll make plans they come to nothing because I can't be bothered. My wife actually asked me this past weekend if I was dressing and I just couldn't be bothered. However at other times I just want to constantly and will. As time goes on I'm not as fanatical about the extent and sometimes just throw something on and are content with that. Other times it has to be the everything.

I'm a fair weather dresser. When I am up beat and feeling it, I can dress for days, and stay dressed 24/7, or however many days the mood last, then I seem to get it out of my system, and may go weeks, and never really think about it. Other times, I'll go day by day, some days it's just to much work, and on some days I just can't get enough, it has to be the whole works, makeup nylons, and all. I've never understood why some days it's so important, and on others, it's just not that big a deal.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Platinum Member
    My dressing is driven by circumstances. When work takes me outside the home, or if we're spending time with friends or family that don't know about my dressing, then days can sometimes pass. But I find that most days, I like the routine of getting showered, doing my make up and getting dressed. Its become my normal.